Proposal: Bos/Det

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Why would the Bruins pay 2 mil per year more for same production ? Head scratcher , now look at something else from the Bruins..........and then we can make a deal.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
There are several interesting combos. What makes you pick Gryz? I would have assumed Lauzon, Zboril or Vaakaneinen would have been the ask.

edit: That is too much coming from Boston btw
Fair enough. We need LD that can play on 2nd pairing. 2 seasons ago before Gryz got hurt in SCF the talkin' head @ NBC were blabbering on & on about how he was good for possession, SF, PP etc.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Overpayment.
Mantha 5.7 million for the next four years and major minus player.
DeBrusk 3.675 for the next two years a bit better in +/- and similiar output.
No way are you sending a 1st round pick

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
DeBrusk is 2 yrs younger 2 million cheaper and there close to the same output yet we’re giving up a 1st ?

Nah I want a better quarter
Mantha is absolutely the better hockey player. They arent the same output and gets even worse when you consider who each plays for.

This is a rare fair deal for both teams

Reactions: CanuckCity

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Now factor in QoC% + other advanced stats while considering the rosters each player plays with vs. the other guy. Perspective.

13gp w/o a PP goal (As A TEAM)!!

A late 1st & downgrade @ F on an already weak Top6 on an abysmal lottery team...

JD is cheaper? Who cares, we have tons of capspace now & the next ~5yrs+ & rich ownership that'll spend to win.

2yrs younger, ok, fine, so he's playing for his big(ger) contract(s) now. Soon to be RFA negotiations.

I like DeBrusk, decent player, but the trade feels "off" for some reason. Trade Value seems ballparkish.

I'd consider: DeBrusk + Gryz (already 27yo) for Mantha + 3rd. Bruins can keep their 1st.
I would rather you did not consider it, there is no way you are getting DeBrusk and Gryz for Mantha. Bjork, Studnicka and Moore for Mantha

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Probably not a good fit for Det, as it doesn't really address our need of youngish 2C or Top4 LD. We can trade Mantha elsewhere for 1 of these 2 needs, even if we have to add slightly for the 2C.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I would rather you did not consider it, there is no way you are getting DeBrusk and Gryz for Mantha. Bjork, Studnicka and Moore for Mantha
Please explain how you think that's na fair deal?

A cap dump who's a #8D, a guy who has yet to reach 10G or 20pts (whos pacing even worse this season) and an ok 22 year old prospect who still cant make your team full time and would be our ~#11 ranked prospect?
Bjork = a 4th maybe?
Moore = you have to PAY a 3rd or 2nd
Studnicka= 2nd

Seems so plausible!

How about Hirose/Erne + Smith/Cholowski + Helm for Debrusk?

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Probably not a good fit for Det, as it doesn't really address our need of youngish 2C or Top4 LD. We can trade Mantha elsewhere for 1 of these 2 needs, even if we have to add slightly for the 2C.

Wait what?

Mantha for a 1st at the TDL is kind of what I'm hoping for. DeBrusk is a young 20ish goal scorer. (Probably not on Detroit because we suck.)

Mantha can probably score a lot more with a real 1st line center and with a team that plays a real system. He'd probably thrive in Boston.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
On 3v3 where no one plays a system and its basically pond hockey, he's tired and break downs happen all the time?

Want me to show a video of Bergeron being dangled to show hes atrocious defensively too?

If you think getting dangled is the same as being entirely indifferent, lazy and unaware of what's going on is the same thing then you're a horrible arbiter of defensive play and I don't care what you think.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If you think getting dangled is the same as being entirely indifferent, lazy and unaware of what's going on is the same thing then you're a horrible arbiter of defensive play and I don't care what you think.
And I'm assuming you cant tell the difference between 5v5 and a tired 3v3 play, no?

Is Marchand awful defensively because of his embarassing play in game 7 in 2019?

There is zero metric where you can say Mantha is terrible defensively. But we get you don't actually watch other teams.

Reactions: TS Quint

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
And I'm assuming you cant tell the difference between 5v5 and a tired 3v3 play, no?

Is Marchand awful defensively because of his embarassing play in game 7 in 2019?

There is zero metric where you can say Mantha is terrible defensively. But we get you don't actually watch other teams.

Remember when your coach made him a healthy scratch despite him scoring in 4 of the previous 5 games? And that he literally said it was because of poor defensive play?

It's not hard to remember because it was this freakin' month.

hahahahhaha. What 'metric' does that one score on? Or maybe he doesn't watch the games either????

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Remember when your coach made him a healthy scratch despite him scoring in 4 of the previous 5 games? And that he literally said it was because of poor defensive play?

It's not hard to remember because it was this freakin' month.

hahahahhaha. What 'metric' does that one score on?
Want me to list the amount of great players who have beem scratched to send a message? Or will that ruin your point? Yes Mantha hasnt cared at points this season because theres nothing to care for on this team. That won't happen if/when he's traded or we ever get better.
You also made that up entirely and Blashill never said it was because of his defensive game.... (LOL)
Again, please show the metrics that show hes awful defensively?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I won't evangelize but just say I strongly disagree with your conclusions.
So you would say Silverberg was better than Mantha since he had 39 to Manthas 38 last season?

What about Nyquist and his 42 to Manthas 38?
Very confused how you view Debrusk as similarly productive when Mantha outscored him by three points in 22 less games last season...

Reactions: TS Quint

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Want me to list the amount of great players who have beem scratched to send a message? Or will that ruin your point? Yes Mantha hasnt cared at points this season because theres nothing to care for on this team. That won't happen if/when he's traded or we ever get better.
You also made that up entirely and Blashill never said it was because of his defensive game.... (LOL)
Again, please show the metrics that show hes awful defensively?

“I don’t think you can judge a player just on offensive output,” he said when asked why Mantha was scratched.

I mean, do you need me to draw you a picture? With crayons?

Get a grip.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Now factor in QoC% + other advanced stats while considering the rosters each player plays with vs. the other guy. Perspective.

13gp w/o a PP goal (As A TEAM)!!

A late 1st & downgrade @ F on an already weak Top6 on an abysmal lottery team...

JD is cheaper? Who cares, we have tons of capspace now & the next ~5yrs+ & rich ownership that'll spend to win.

2yrs younger, ok, fine, so he's playing for his big(ger) contract(s) now. Soon to be RFA negotiations.

I like DeBrusk, decent player, but the trade feels "off" for some reason. Trade Value seems ballparkish.

I'd consider: DeBrusk + Gryz (already 27yo) for Mantha + 3rd. Bruins can keep their 1st.
I think many of us B's fans would be ok with that. The B's are deep as hell with left shot defensemen, even after Chara and Krug leaving. I think Gryz is who we lose in expansion anyways.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Overpayment.
Mantha 5.7 million for the next four years and major minus player.
DeBrusk 3.675 for the next two years a bit better in =/- and similiar output.
No way are you sending a 1st round pick
I'm not one of the "plus/minus is a useless stat" crowd, but a lot of the discrepancy here is likely due to DeBrusk playing on one of the top defensive teams of the last decade+ vs Mantha playing on a bottom dweller.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
“I don’t think you can judge a player just on offensive output,” he said when asked why Mantha was scratched.

I mean, do you need me to draw you a picture? With crayons?

Get a grip.
Uhh you know that comment was made two games before his scratch right? You also left out the part where he said Mantha just needs to "move his feet more".

So I'll ask again, where did Blashill "literally" state that Mantha was scratched due to his defensive play like you stated? Or do you just not know what literally actually means?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->