Proposal: Bos/Det

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I've lost count of how many seasons the Bruins have been trying to add reliable secondary scoring beyond the Bergeron line. I think a guy like Anthony Mantha could be a great addition, as he has the size and scoring touch the Bruins always seem to target, and frankly, that Krejci seems to gel with.

DeBrusk could be a key part of the return. A 27 goal scorer in 2019, and would've easily passed 20 last year in a full season (19 in 65 gp), but this season he hasn't really clicked anywhere in the lineup. A change of scenery may do him good.

:wings
DeBrusk
Bruins 1st

:bruins
Mantha
Det 3rd

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I've lost count of how many seasons the Bruins have been trying to add reliable secondary scoring beyond the Bergeron line. I think a guy like Anthony Mantha could be a great addition, as he has the size and scoring touch the Bruins always seem to target, and frankly, that Krejci seems to gel with.

DeBrusk could be a key part of the return. A 27 goal scorer in 2019, and would've easily passed 20 last year in a full season (19 in 65 gp), but this season he hasn't really clicked anywhere in the lineup. A change of scenery may do him good.

DeBrusk
Bruins 1st

Mantha
Det 3rd
I think they have to look past adding someone for Krech as his time is running out. They may well not sign him as he will be 35 in April. Mantha will still be a good guy for the next 2nd 'C' in that spot.

After letting Chara go I think no one is safe from the older core, other then Rask and Bergy. Mantha sure would be great with or without Krejci.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I think DeBrusk has more value than Mantha by a fair amount.

Mantha is atrocious defensively.

JDB isn't exactly a selke candidate either.

Overall I don't like giving up the 1st, with JDB being cheaper and younger it doesn't make sense imo. I think it's close to 1 for 1 but maybe a smaller pick from either side to bridge the difference if any. I personally don't want to move Jake but this is a player I'd be okay with exchanging him for.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
DeBrusk is 2 yrs younger 2 million cheaper and there close to the same output yet we’re giving up a 1st ?

Nah I want a better quarter
Technically it's not the same output, Debrusk puts up about 43 points on a high powered Bruins team. While Mantha has 2 48 points season on the lowest scoring team in the NHL. Hardly call them comparables.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

DeBrusk
Bruins 1st

Mantha
Det 3rd
I agree Mantha would be a nice add for the B's , but they will pass it does not make sense to add and subtract.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I dont personally like throwing 1sts around but it will probably be a real late pick so I would probably do this. I was thinking about this last season aswell.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Technically it's not the same output, Debrusk puts up about 43 points on a high powered Bruins team. While Mantha has 2 48 points season on the lowest scoring team in the NHL. Hardly call them comparables.

I think you should watch the Bruins if you’re calling us high powered, If your referring to the 1st line and PP then okay but as far as the secondary scoring DeBrusk is water and Krech is oil not a good fit at all and they’ve been placed together his whole career basically.

So yes the output is close to the same.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Now factor in QoC% + other advanced stats while considering the rosters each player plays with vs. the other guy. Perspective.

13gp w/o a PP goal (As A TEAM)!!

A late 1st & downgrade @ F on an already weak Top6 on an abysmal lottery team...

JD is cheaper? Who cares, we have tons of capspace now & the next ~5yrs+ & rich ownership that'll spend to win.

2yrs younger, ok, fine, so he's playing for his big(ger) contract(s) now. Soon to be RFA negotiations.

I like DeBrusk, decent player, but the trade feels "off" for some reason. Trade Value seems ballparkish.

I'd consider: DeBrusk + Gryz (already 27yo) for Mantha + 3rd. Bruins can keep their 1st.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Now factor in QoC% + other advanced stats while considering the rosters each player plays with vs. the other guy. Perspective.

13gp w/o a PP goal (As A TEAM)!!

A late 1st & downgrade @ F on an already weak Top6 on an abysmal lottery team...

JD is cheaper? Who cares, we have tons of capspace now & the next ~5yrs+ & rich ownership that'll spend to win.

2yrs younger, ok, fine, so he's playing for his big(ger) contract(s) now. Soon to be RFA negotiations.

I like DeBrusk, decent player, but the trade feels "off" for some reason. Trade Value seems ballparkish.

I'd consider: DeBrusk + Gryz (already 27yo) for Mantha + 3rd. Bruins can keep their 1st.

There are several interesting combos. What makes you pick Gryz? I would have assumed Lauzon, Zboril or Vaakaneinen would have been the ask.

edit: That is too much coming from Boston btw

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->