Confirmed Trade: [BOS/CHI] Tommy Wingels for conditional 2019 4th/5th round

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sweeney loves these bottom 6 players that have won best defensive forward awards prior to the NHL

Schaller Kuraly Wingels all have won .... this 4th line should be hell on earth for opponents
Our best 4th line since the Merlot line.

Wingels is an upgrade over Acciari who hasn’t been the same since coming back from injury. His playoff experience is what is really going to bolster that line.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
wingles should be a perfect 4th line winger for the Bs. Hope he resigns back in chicago next year. Versatile and could tell quennville liked him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Our best 4th line since the Merlot line.

Wingels is an upgrade over Acciari who hasn’t been the same since coming back from injury. His playoff experience is what is really going to bolster that line.

Acciari doesnt doesnt hit anymore. And its understandable why he doesnt

But without this....his game is not nearly as effective

I expect Wingels to play on Thurs

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
wingles should be a perfect 4th line winger for the Bs. Hope he resigns back in chicago next year. Versatile and could tell quennville liked him.

I want him to play on the 4th line RW, and think he should. It's very very early, but with the Bruins potentially losing a few 4th line players next year, if he impresses and comes cheap, I wouldn't mind Boston giving him a contract.

Happy to have his style in Boston and hope he gets some looks. He definitely is an upgrade on Acciari.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Set up the 2nd goal tonight with good hustle fore checking and poked the puck to the goal scorer

Reactions: Thrive

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Always liked wingels as a 4th liner. Always around the puck. Good trade, good game tonight

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Whys is it understandable?

And if he doesnt, might as well retire, he's got nothing else at this level.

Bc it has caused him injuries

Not many players can ram others on the boards on a consistent basis and stay durable

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I challenge anyone watching him to call him "Tommy" or "Wingels" when "Tommy Wingels" just rolls off the tongue.

I called him "Tommy Wingels" throughout his entire tenure in Ottawa.

"Tommy Wingels has the puck. Tommy Wingels is forechecking. Pass to Tommy Wingels."

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Acciari doesnt doesnt hit anymore. And its understandable why he doesnt

But without this....his game is not nearly as effective

I expect Wingels to play on Thurs
Exactly.. good call on accari,if he can't hit go sit in the pressbox

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I have seen Wingels play here and there over the past few years and I thought he would be a good 4th liner but that was a very nice first game and very nice to see and already more than I had expected.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
You were saying ???

lol saw that one coming. Its a good person, so I would happy if its working well for you, but I never base a judgement of the 1st week in a new team. Players often gets a boost. A lot of theses traded players apparently were goods last night.

Reactions: JP Nolan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
lol saw that one coming. Its a good person, so I would happy if its working well for you, but I never base a judgement of the 1st week in a new team. Players often gets a boost. A lot of theses traded players apparently were goods last night.

What are you even rambling about?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

I’d say if a player drafted in the fifth round ends up scoring one nhl goal then it was a pretty solid pick. Which makes trading the 5th for 1 goal of production already more likely than not a won trade for Boston

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I’d say if a player drafted in the fifth round ends up scoring one nhl goal then it was a pretty solid pick. Which makes trading the 5th for 1 goal of production already more likely than not a won trade for Boston

True! The original point was more about thinking that you have better options than him for the same price but who knows, expect the unexpected

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad