Confirmed with Link: [BOS/CBJ]Carter Camper for Blake Parlett

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 8s

BOS trades Carter Camper to CBJ for Blake Parlett.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Maybe we can give him a few games on the roster, at some point, so that we can get a bump in attendance from his home town posse.

Welcome to the Jackets.

As I said in the other thread, midget scoring. Wonder if we'll bother to give him another contract.

bizzz*

Here's you locally grown superstar!
Place of birth: Rocky River, OH. Miami University (Ohio) alumni.

At least this guy has scored a goal in the NHL.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Carter Camper - what a great hockey name.

The trade adds scoring to the Falcons, and opens up a dman spot. I do wonder if he's successful, what does that mean for the other small forwards like JAM or potentially signing TJ Tynan?

Edited add: According the transactions on TheAHL.com, Springfield defenceman Joe Lavin (AHL only contract) was traded to Providence (the Boston affiliate). Could be a side deal.

So, that means Springfield is down two defensemen. Assuming no more call-ups, they have 8:

Erixon, Goloubef, Prout, Weber, St. Denis, McNeil, Madaisky and Larkin.

So the trades effectively make more space for CBJ prospects Madaisky and Larkin.

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Wow. Honestly can't believe this. I remember clear as day around the time the 07 draft was announced they interviewed XGMDM during an intermission and he was saying Camper was a first round talent and that they were excited about the possibility to draft him in Columbus. I joined HF shortly after that and started a thread about Camper on the prospects board.

Just funny to me, Dougie was really excited about him.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I think the problem is with Jeff's. Jeff Carter, Jeff Rimer.

Hmmm, this could be true. I wasn't on the boards at the time, what was the general opinion of Anson Carter? And does Geoff Sanderson get a pass because his name is spelled funny?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
carter camper ‏@carter_camper19 7m

Thanks to boston/providence for giving me an opportunity. Met incredible people and made friendships that'll last. Excited for next chapter!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Carter Camper - what a great hockey name.

The trade adds scoring to the Falcons, and opens up a dman spot. I do wonder if he's successful, what does that mean for the other small forwards like JAM or potentially signing TJ Tynan?

Edited add: According the transactions on TheAHL.com, Springfield defenceman Joe Lavin (AHL only contract) was traded to Providence (the Boston affiliate). Could be a side deal.

So, that means Springfield is down two defensemen. Assuming no more call-ups, they have 8:

Erixon, Goloubef, Prout, Weber, St. Denis, McNeil, Madaisky and Larkin.

So the trades effectively make more space for CBJ prospects Madaisky and Larkin.

That I think is the main point, along with the need to get more forward scoring in Springfield. Right now there's not much behind JAM and Chaput, with the team relying on its defenders for much of the scoring.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Wow. Honestly can't believe this. I remember clear as day around the time the 07 draft was announced they interviewed XGMDM during an intermission and he was saying Camper was a first round talent and that they were excited about the possibility to draft him in Columbus. I joined HF shortly after that and started a thread about Camper on the prospects board.

Just funny to me, Dougie was really excited about him.

Dougie was excessively excited and labeled "first-round talent" on someone who ended up undrafted and has played three NHL games by age 25? Color me shocked. :sarcasm:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Dougie was excessively excited and labeled "first-round talent" on someone who ended up undrafted and has played three NHL games by age 25? Color me shocked. :sarcasm:

What's not shocking is that he fell in love with either a Maritimer or an Ohio boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad