Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Bruins sign Alex Petrovic (1 year, $700k)

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Bunch of people on twitter are reporting it. Not sure the validity of them, but they've been doing it for about an hour.

Edit: Looks like he was put on waivers which is how people found out.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Pretty bizarre to see as a Bruins fan. Even with the injuries to start the year, the Bruins depth on D is insane.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
It's a two-way contract based on what CapFriendly has. $350K in the AHL.

I don't like him has a #6 guy but he's a great #11 guy and that's what he's being signed for. At RD he's behind McAvoy, Carlo, Clifton, Miller and Krug. Nevermind the LD who can play on the right side in a pinch like Moore and Gryz.

Last edited:
Reactions: BatVader

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It's a two-way contract based on what CapFriendly has. $350K in the AHL.

I don't like him has a #6 guy but he's a great #11 guy and that's what he's being signed for. At RD he's behind McAvoy, Carlo, Clifton, Miller and Krug. Nevermind the LD who can play on the right side in a pinch like Moore and Gryz.

I'd insert Stevey Kampfer into an NHL lineup before this dude. He's awful

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
love the idea of petrovic in providence. between him and breen, that should cover the
shenanigans that usually go on in the AHL. and as boston's 12th defenseman or whatever
he'd be on the depth chart, thumbs up.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
love the idea of petrovic in providence. between him and breen, that should cover the
shenanigans that usually go on in the AHL. and as boston's 12th defenseman or whatever
he'd be on the depth chart, thumbs up.
Petrovic is a punching bag, he's not going to help in that regard, lol.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'd insert Stevey Kampfer into an NHL lineup before this dude. He's awful

Sorry, I meant to write Kampfer there, rather than Krug. And you're absolutely right, Kampfer is undoubtedly ahead of him.

One thing this does make me think is that Kevan Miller is getting traded when he's healthy. Assuming Petrovic clears waivers, he's a poor man's Miller who you can stash in the minors. Trading Miller will save them $2.5m on the cap and that multiplies at the deadline.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Behind McAvoy, Carlo, Clifton, Miller and Kampfer on the depth chart at RD.

If he plays in Boston things are bad, but if he plays in Boston he is probably better than whomever the bottom pairing guy in Providence would have been.

After having their playoff seasons ruined two years in a row because d-men got injured, Bruins are a little insane about making sure there is organizational depth at D.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Rather see him get into the fights even he if takes a lot. Rather than a few of the kids getting manhandled by some journeyman plug out to make a name for himself in the AHL. Miller is all but gone as soon he is ready if he will ever be serviceable again. They could use that 2.5 cap hit for better things.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I can't like this post enough.

He showed promise years ago, and maybe Chara can rub off on him somehow- but yeah, he's a punching bag.

I have a hunch that the only time he is in the same dressing room with Chara is as a part of the practice squad/black aces for the playoffs. He's going to be a bottom pairing AHL guy if my guess is correct and in an emergency he would be called up to Boston to be the guy who rides the bench if there are several injuries on D. He could possibly get into a couple of games just to see how he does. He's so far down the depth chart that he is a guy who wouldn't complain about being mostly the designated bench warmer yet he has NHL experience and knows what to expect if he does get in any games.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Rather see him sit in the press box then Zboril or any of the Bruins other young defenseman who could be playing top pairing minutes in the AHL.

Reactions: bme44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad