Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Bruins re-sign Jeremy Lauzon (2 years, $850,000 AAV)

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Love the signing. Sweeney's gonna have to make a deal to get Seattle to take Moore.

edit: Though this should keep Lauzon as RFA, so he's expansion draft exempt, no?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Boston's defense was already like 12 -guys deep and then Lauzon stepped in and played great. I have no idea how all it will all shake out but some bodies have to move.

I'm in the camp that you keep re-sign Krug but that means a beauty like Gryz, Clifton or Lauzon will have to go.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
upload_2020-2-14_14-31-31.png

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I wonder who the Bruins will lose to Seattle if they sign Krug. I think Grzelcyk is too valuable to not try to make a deal with Seattle to try to keep him, but there's still Lauzon and Clifton beyond that.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wonder who the Bruins will lose to Seattle if they sign Krug. I think Grzelcyk is too valuable to not try to make a deal with Seattle to try to keep him, but there's still Lauzon and Clifton beyond that.

Not sure they can pay Krug and Gryz regardless. I think one of them is on the outs this offseason, sadly.

Reactions: bme44

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Love the signing. Sweeney's gonna have to make a deal to get Seattle to take Moore.

edit: Though this should keep Lauzon as RFA, so he's expansion draft exempt, no?
Exempt, possibly*. (RULE: (i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.). EDIT: Actually, the only thing I've read about restricted applies to goaltenders, so he may in fact be exempt, especially if he doesn't play the correct amount of games. Rules as of now.

What it may do, without a specific salary attached to his rights, Seattle may opt to grab a different player from the Bruins should Lauzon be eligible and have an undetermined contract. Not having a contract could also appeal to Seattle on the opposite side of that argument, meaning they can negotiate what the terms of his new deal are.

That said let's say the Bruins are looking at McAvoy, Carlo, +1 or 2 to protect. That leaves (Krug?), Gryzlek, Zboril, Vaakanainen to protect in that slot.
If they choose to protect 2 of those defensemen, they are looking at only protecting 4 forwards. With Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak taking up at least 3 of those slots. If they only protect 3 defensemen, they can protect more of their forward core, but will likely lose a good defenseman either way.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
For the "who is that crowd"...

Bruins 2nd rounder in 2015. Played for Team Canada in WJC. Rugged defensive minded LD who has been play RD for the Bruins for the last half dozen games. Looked good in his small look last year (even had a game where he got 25 minutes), and looks like a very solid D with very reachable 2nd pairing upside in this look, too. Limited by his offensive tools, but has a good and low hard shot and knows that when he gets the puck that's what he wants to do. At worst a bottom pairing guy who can play on PK1 in his prime. And has some nasty to his game.

Reactions: Baddkarma

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Exempt no. (NHL games played is a part of the expansion requirements, someone else may chime in on specifics). EDIT: Actually, the only thing I've read about restricted applies to goaltenders, so he may in fact be exempt, especially if he doesn't play the correct amount of games.

What it may do, without a specific salary attached to his rights, Seattle may opt to grab a different player from the Bruins should Lauzon be eligible and have an undetermined contract. Not having a contract could also appeal to Seattle on the opposite side of that argument, meaning they can negotiate what the terms of his new deal are.

That said let's say the Bruins are looking at McAvoy, Carlo, +1 or 2 to protect. That leaves (Krug?), Gryzlek, Zboril, Vaakanainen to protect in that slot.
If they choose to protect 2 of those defensemen, they are looking at only protecting 4 forwards. With Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak taking up at least 3 of those slots. If they only protect 3 defensemen, they can protect more of their forward core, but will likely lose a good defenseman either way.

Its professional games not NHL games. AHL is professional. Vaakaneinen is exempt because his first year in AHL was at a younger age and it pulls some weird levers. Same as Honka last time around. Lauzon, Zboril, Gryz and Clifton all would have to be protected, with no slots available if Krug is signed.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Its professional games not NHL games. AHL is professional. Vaakaneinen is exempt because his first year in AHL was at a younger age and it pulls some weird levers. Same as Honka last time around. Lauzon, Zboril, Gryz and Clifton all would have to be protected, with no slots available if Krug is signed.
The rules say Seattle will have the same rules as Vegas, I believe.

That said, do you remember how RFA's were treated? The only thing I've read is about goalies being RFA's, not forwards/defensemen.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The rules say Seattle will have the same rules as Vegas, I believe.

That said, do you remember how RFA's were treated? The only thing I've read is about goalies being RFA's, not forwards/defensemen.

Yup same as Vegas. It was years since drafted OR professional games (including AHL) OR NHL games. There are some weird asterisks like for Vaakaneinen as a euro playing underage in the AHL who are exempt, but guys like Lauzon or even Frederic are fair game (Studnicka and his draft class or later are exempt).

edit: Dom did a whole write up about it at some point in the prospects thread, but the net is Vaak, Stud and Beecher are exempt. The older prospects like Lauzon, Zboril or even Frederic are not.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Pronman does not even know who Lauzon is, probably tells you all you need to know about that twit Pronman.

Lauzon is a good sized, physical, steady defensive deeman. He has a mean streak and can add some offence, more upside then Carlo in the other teams end.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Great signing by DS. It is these low profile signings , by GM's that go so far towards wining. Any player you can put in your line up that has more value than what they are signed for is huge in the CAP environment. I can see Lauzon being one of the best bargains in the NHL with in a year

Last edited:
Reactions: missingchicklet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad