Waived: [BOS] Backes on Waivers

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Til this, i didnt think Boston could fit Kreider.
Now maybe,
and likely a team he'd be open to extending with

Reactions: bbfan419

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Backes + big add to Chicago
Saad to Boston

Saad gets the top six help they were looking for at an identical cap hit and same term remaining. Chicago takes Backes off their hands at full cap hit plus a big add

Question is what would Boston be willing to add to Backes to get Saad at full cap hits for each?

Chicago could just buy out backes this summer to clear some cap as well while adding to their rebuilding pipeline ($4M cap hit next year, $1M year after)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Devils would be glad to do business with the Bruins again! How does a 1st for Simmonds sound? :sarcasm:

Ok in all seriousness........IF the Bruins are interested, I think a 3rd or 4th with salary retained should do it? Not sure.

that’s like option Z. Best to come at Boston with one hour left till the TDL if they have failed at the guys they want.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Devils would be glad to do business with the Bruins again! How does a 1st for Simmonds sound? :sarcasm:

Ok in all seriousness........IF the Bruins are interested, I think a 3rd or 4th with salary retained should do it? Not sure.
Doubt they want Simmonds he is nearing the end himself and not much better than Backes, they cleared space to hep trade for a Toffoli or Kreider type of player.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Is he really so bad now he can’t even be a limited 4th line role player?

i think he can play that role and do fine in it on another team. the problem for him is the bruins have 6-7 other guys that are better in bottom 6 roles. chris wagner is their 4RW and he's a much better option.
if i'm another team i'd be happy to take a 1st round pick and use backes in that role and to help mentor
a bunch of younger guys.

Reactions: Jacob

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Is waivers a way to get Backes to waive his limited no trade? Better to be traded than to be put in the minors? Just a thought . . .

that's only a small part of it, but i would think if he wants to resume his NHL career,
opening up his list certainly helps him get back to the show. i don't know if he did or
didn't do this, but assumption is his list only included teams who would never trade
for him in an attempt to stick around boston and play for another cup. there's a lot
of layers to all of this, which will begin at noon tomorrow.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
yeah or they can retain 50% after they pay the bonus and the other team only has to pay 1.5m in real cash, and the Bruins get 3m in cap space.

kind of an interesting thought on this, if they find a team to take the whole $6M (1st round pick,
another decent prospect), trade heinen for a draft pick, and sign say kreider. losing that pick to
me would be offset by the gain of kreider. but as you said, july 1 is a really long time from now.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Always hate to see warriors go out like this.

I hated the guy..just because he wasnt on my team and the way he played but hard not to respect the guy and want him on your team

Reactions: Bergie37

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Think Krieder is the guy. From Boston too.

Kreider is a LW and will likely cost a 1st. Simmonds is a RW and wouldn’t cost as much and while Backes and Ritchie weren’t the answer they did suit up in the right side. Simmonds could make sense.

Toffoli is another option, likely cheaper to get than Kreider also

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad