Proposal: Bos - ana

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
To Ducks:
Ryan Spooner(24 y/o, 950K cap, RFA-2017)
John-Michael Liles (2mil Cap, UFA) - Cap Purposes
2018 2nd
TOTAL CAP - 3.7 Mil

To Bruins:
Sami Vatanen (25 y/o, 4.875 cap, 3 years rem)

Boosts The Ducks forward depth and scoring attack, and Boosts the Bruins Blueline as both teams start to think about the looming expansion draft, Ducks have a potential opening at forward and the Bruins at defense.

Flame away

EDIT: DID NOT REALIZE VERMETTES VALUE TO THE DUCKS, REMOVED HIM AND MCQUAID

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It's not completely horrible but I would say no from an Anaheim perspective. Whether we're talking mid season or right before expansion, I think we could get a more attractive offer for Vats.

McQuaid doesn't do anything for us even if this is a deadline deal. He isn't a top 4 guy, which is what we would need in a stop gap if Vats is moved, and we have Stoner who is a similar player with less term than McQuaid.

Spooner is alright but I believe someone offers a better forward.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It's not completely horrible but I would say no from an Anaheim perspective. Whether we're talking mid season or right before expansion, I think we could get a more attractive offer for Vats.

Totally agree, That's not a very attractive package for Vatanen. Still think Anheim can do better then this. Spooners nothing more then a glorified 3rd liner.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
McQuaid and Vermette are pretty close to a wash, but the difference between Vatanen and Spooner is much more than a 3rd... Maybe a 2nd and Boston take's Stoner too

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'd do this from BOS perspective, but I don't see ANA touching this, tough McQuaid in the right role is a good steady defender.

I think the basis of Spooner + pick, probably a 2nd, for Vats is fair however.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'd do this from BOS perspective, but I don't see ANA touching this, tough McQuaid in the right role is a good steady defender.

I think the basis of Spooner + pick, probably a 2nd, for Vats is fair however.

THIS^^ It would only happen if Mike O'Connell were in charge of the Ducks, and I think the B's would have to throw in a prospect to boot.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Better than some recent trade proposals involving Anaheim. But, I doubt the Ducks would go for it. McQuaid doesn't solve much, and Spooner is nice but probably not enough, especially if this is an in-season trade. Vermette is having a solid season and will be used heavily for playoff face off matchups, really don't want to get rid of him. Vatanen will most likely be expendable, but as others above have said, needs a replacement this year and I'm not sure McQuaid is that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not awful, but I still think there would be better offers on the table.

Spooner + as a basis isn't bad

I think vermette is an important piece for a playoff push, ace in the faceoff circle.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I would love to get vatanen on the bruins but it would need more on the bruins end, or maybe drop vermette all together.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
I didn't realize Vermette had been such a positive influence to this point, I won't lie and say I've followed the Ducks all season, I merely picked him due to age and cap hit, removing him and picking someone that's closer to useless would honesty be fine assuming they don't carry a much larger cap hit

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not all that interested in acquiring Vatanen. Nothing against Vatanen, he's definitely a good player, but I just don't think he is a great fit (somewhat redundant with Krug).

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
To Ducks:
Ryan Spooner(24 y/o, 950K cap, RFA-2017)
Adam Mcquaid (30 y/o, 2.75M cap, 2 years rem.)
2017 3rd
TOTAL CAP - 3.7 Mil

To Bruins:
Sami Vatanen (25 y/o, 4.875 cap, 3 years rem)
Antoine Vermette(34, 1.75 cap, 1 year rem)
TOTAL CAP - 6.625 Mil

Boosts The Ducks forward depth and scoring attack, and Boosts the Bruins Blueline while including veterans to fill in the spots vacated by each player as both teams start to think about the looming expansion draft, Ducks have a potential opening at forward and the Bruins at defense.

Flame away

As a fellow bruin fan 5 thumbs up... but still feels like a waste of effort to post something that has 0 chance of being accepted by the other side

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
No thanks from me. Vermette's been very solid at 3C this year and I wouldn't want to change that. Spooner would be nice for the 3RW spot, but Vermette shouldn't go. McQuaid isn't all that attractive as a throw-in as well.

I'd rather knock off Vermette and McQuaid and start with Spooner+ for Vatanen, and even then, I think we could get a more proven and established top 6 forward with a potential Vatanen trade. Spooner is nice though because of his contract and he shouldn't want a huge raise.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not all that interested in acquiring Vatanen. Nothing against Vatanen, he's definitely a good player, but I just don't think he is a great fit (somewhat redundant with Krug).

3 way... agreed I wouldn't want both guys but this gives us the much desired top4 dman necessary to deal for a guy like trouba or landeskog... which also explain why Anaheim won't give him to us in the first place

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
No thanks from me. Vermette's been very solid at 3C this year and I wouldn't want to change that. Spooner would be nice for the 3RW spot, but Vermette shouldn't go. McQuaid isn't all that attractive as a throw-in as well.

I'd rather knock off Vermette and McQuaid and start with Spooner+ for Vatanen, and even then, I think we could get a more proven and established top 6 forward with a potential Vatanen trade. Spooner is nice though because of his contract and he shouldn't want a huge raise.

Why wouldn't spooner want a huge raise? His agent is going to go to arbitrator and say spooner got 50 points as a center

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Alright edited the trade to something that looks a little different. Removed mcquaid and Vermette and sent liles as a cap dump but an expiring contract, and bumped the 3rd to a 2nd, with the compromise of pushing it back a year

Logical

Aug 25, 2015
Skull
The edited trade isn't that bad right now, but I think Anaheim's gonna need a B prospect coming over from Boston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad