Bortuzzo two handed slash on Loui Eriksson (Eriksson injured, out vs NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
TC, I'd advise taking a nap the next time the Bruins play the Wings. Zetterberg skates around slashing people like this all game and I don't know if I've ever seen him called for it.

This happens to Crosby once every two or three games. There are no threads.

I highly doubt that Crosby gets injured by an illegal slash with no penalty every 2-3 games.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Eriksson is injured as a result of the slash and will not play tonight vs NJ.

The point isn't that this doesn't happen every day, because it does, or that Bortuzzo did anything unusual. It's that stickwork is getting worse and worse and you can't even get in a guy's face anymore without 2+10. I know players target Crosby that way and it shouldn't happen. If the league not only demonizes fighting but any kind of confrontation period it's on them to police this. Start with fines.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
One cup in 40 years is something to be proud about eh? Idc about the other sports btw.

Guess what - Bruin fans dc about your opinion either. As for whether or not that 1 Cup win in 40 years is something to be proud of - if you asked 2 of the guys in your user name ( Bure and Mogilny ) who played almost 30 years combined in the NHL with 0 Cup wins I think they would say yes. :nod:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Guess what - Bruin fans dc about your opinion either. As for whether or not that 1 Cup win in 40 years is something to be proud of - if you asked 2 of the guys in your user name ( Bure and Mogilny ) who played almost 30 years combined in the NHL with 0 Cup wins I think they would say yes. :nod:

The only one that doesn't have a cup in my username is bure ;)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
TC, I'd advise taking a nap the next time the Bruins play the Wings. Zetterberg skates around slashing people like this all game and I don't know if I've ever seen him called for it.

This happens to Crosby once every two or three games. There are no threads.

In fact, it happened recently when the Penguins played the Panthers. He had to go off and have a bandage put on his hand. I believe.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
that's the kind of liberties people take when you decide to not dress an enforcer such as Shawn Thornton

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
That was a 2 minute minor penalty. Seriously, are we going to have a thread on every missed penalty? It is unfortunate that Eriksson got hurt, but that is not a suspendable play.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
lmao.
thumb.aspx

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Page 2? Are you still on that obsolete 25 posts per page?

What did you expect when a Bruins fan starts such an hyperbolish thread? :badidea:

That would be 1 Cup in 42 seasons (43 years).

They have 1 more Cup than the Leafs since 1973.

What did he say that was hyperbolic?

Now is it threadworthy? Not in my opinion (not that it matters), but I just find it hilarious when the whole anti-bruins brigade comes out in full force and essentially has a 3 page circle jerk about how the Bruins fans are whiners when one fan created a thread about a minor penalty. (exhibit A: see above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad