Bortuzzo two handed slash on Loui Eriksson (Eriksson injured, out vs NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
This is a malicious two-handed slash. That said, the Bortuzzo slash itself is only a recent example to emphasize the OP's point.

The OP is correct that slashing needs to be taken more seriously. Two-handed chops should always be called; referees tend to be very liberal about it. Hooking, in recent years, has been called more tightly. The same approach can be taken to slashing.

Man I miss Ohlund, Koivu had that coming.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Fairly gnarly slash in general. It was high and he wasn't even making a show of going for a stick, but at least it was a play on a guy with the puck. It's one of those occasional slashes where you could make something of a case for intent to injure. But this kind of thing happens pretty often. Sucks, and Bortuzzo is a turd, but it's not really a thing.

LionelHutz*

That's old school doc and edzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

Gregah

Jan 29, 2009
It should get the same as this play that caused Vanek to miss the rest of the playoffs.

Which knee did he hurt on that? Looked like Boychuk slashed his right knee, but he wasn't putting weight on his left? not saying that shouldn't have been a slashing penalty though..

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Maybe Eriksson's hands are made of the same glass as Orpik's jaw...stay tough, Boston.

If that was Crosby or Malkin on the receiving end of this, probably there would be a biblical scourge sized mob of outraged Pittsburgh fans here... Just saying...

Nei1ey*

So let me guess, Boston fans are up in arms about this routine slash that happens almost every game yet they think what Thornton did to Orpik last year was Heroic?????.......and they wonder why Boston is universally hated in all sports.

LionelHutz*

So let me guess, Boston fans are up in arms about this routine slash that happens almost every game yet they think what Thornton did to Orpik last year was Heroic?????.......and they wonder why Boston is universally hated in all sports.

Something,Something, Something CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111 Something,Something,Something, Time honored tradition.

2ka RasK*

Be real. This thread doesn't make page 2 without all the obnoxious Pens fans complaining. Count up the posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I've watched it three times and I still haven't seen the slash. Someone point it out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

More people whining about the Bruins in this thread than Bruins fans up in arms looking for suspension.

(it's a missed minor btw, nothing more nothing less)

Now cue the mother****ing duckboats, might as well go for championship parade number 3005375 in the last 15 years. #BaiHaterz :golfnana:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
More people whining about the Bruins in this thread than Bruins fans up in arms looking for suspension.

Now cue the mother****ing duckboats, might as well go for championship parade number 3005375 in the last 15 years. #BaiHaterz :golfnana:

One cup in 40 years is something to be proud about eh? Idc about the other sports btw.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Be real. This thread doesn't make page 2 without all the obnoxious Pens fans complaining. Count up the posts.

Page 2? Are you still on that obsolete 25 posts per page?

What did you expect when a Bruins fan starts such an hyperbolish thread? :badidea:

One cup in 40 years is something to be proud about eh? Idc about the other sports btw.

That would be 1 Cup in 42 seasons (43 years).

They have 1 more Cup than the Leafs since 1973.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
If that was Crosby or Malkin on the receiving end of this, probably there would be a biblical scourge sized mob of outraged Pittsburgh fans here... Just saying...

No demographic on the face of the earth is more prolific at playing victim than Boston sports fans. Al Sharpton could take a lesson.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
TC, I'd advise taking a nap the next time the Bruins play the Wings. Zetterberg skates around slashing people like this all game and I don't know if I've ever seen him called for it.

This happens to Crosby once every two or three games. There are no threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad