Bortuzzo suspended 4 games

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Gah, That's EXACTLY who I was thinking of.

I made that first post before I had any coffee this morning. Forget I said anything. Nothing to see here...Move along.....
Someone should invent a device like the preliminary breath testers the police use for DWI tests except this one is hooked to social media sites and detects the presence of caffeine before allow one to post before noon. :laugh:

Twister18

The Bortuzzo suspension was definitely deserved, but god damn is it annoying seeing people on the main boards (especially the fans of a certain two teams) act like every act is McSorely/Brashear all over again

Thats why I have avoided the main board like the plague. Also stayed off twitter for 24 hours and it was still going on. smh

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
The Blues should tack on their own four-game suspension after the league's. You can't make stupid plays like that. Fan of Bortuzzo but that was extremely disappointing and hurt the team.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I can't remember a recent Blues suspension that was more warranted than this one. He should have gotten more, really.
Last I can think of is LaPierre. I don't want Bortuzzo off the team after this, but he absolutely cannot be doing that. LaPierre was the last Blue I refused to root for. We've been lucky with character guys.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Last I can think of is LaPierre. I don't want Bortuzzo off the team after this, but he absolutely cannot be doing that. LaPierre was the last Blue I refused to root for. We've been lucky with character guys.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I thought Lapierre's hit on Boyle looked more like an accident than a dirty hit, and that his suspension was mostly due to his reputation and the fact that Boyle got injured.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
This seems like as good a time as any to voice how stupid I find the fact that injuries bear any consideration into the length of the suspension.

By no means do I find Bortz' actions defensible, Arvidsson was in an incredibly vulnerable situation and shouldn't have been hit, especially not the second time.

But when you consider how major injuries sometimes result from innocuous looking plays, such as Tarasenko's most recent shoulder injury or the corollary where really dirty hits don't injure a player at all - whether a player was hurt by the play should have no bearing on if they're suspended, at that stage it becomes a subjective evaluation.

A player should be suspended longer when it's clearly an intentional play, such as this or some of Wilson's more blatant charges, headshots or interference plays. This arbitrary process needs to be more defined by the DOPS, as which plays it targets are so inconsistent and enforcement is even less consistent.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Try and think back to the 1st round for a different prospective. I can not count the number of “vicious” crosschecks, elbows, and questionable hits from the Jets. I can remember some from Buff that were near this one from bortz and nothing was made of it!

Hell ROR got a cracked rib from a similar cross check from behind and there might have been a 2 minute penalty from it. Then you sprinkle in how this was against a division rival that we should all be sick of their diving by now.

BergMan

Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn
Obviously opinions are divided on this and I’m no authority to bring any wise insights but when I saw it i was expecting a minor or even a double minor for the back to back nature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->