Confirmed with Link: Bortuzzo Extended 3 x $1.375

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Good signing at a fair price. Schmaltz days likely numbered. Hopefully they can get a return for him, even if a minor one or use him as a sweetener in a bigger more practical deal.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I like Bortuzzo and I would extend him at off-season if needed. This was unnecessary move by Army at this point of season.

I would re-evaluate where we're at off-season. Bring all our d-core and look where they are at. Guys like Schmaltz, Bortuzzo, Mikkola, Walman.

Code:
Ed - Pietro
Dunn - Parayko
xxxxx - xxxxx

I assume Jbo and Gunnar will walk.

No way, dude. Haven't you heard that J-Bo is back?

I have always like Bortuzzo. Nothing remarkable but gets the job done. Glad to see him stick around.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The deal seems fine and appears logical, but then again it is DA who has built this team.

Are the Blues better for it?
I think it's a tacit admission that what depth we have on defense in the system will be filling the skates of Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson, and we're going to need Bortuzzo for the next few years unless we want to cast a net in the FA market and see if we can land anything worthwhile.

Well, you know, unless this somehow signals that we're shoring up the right side of the defense because we're about to dump Pietrangelo. :eyeroll:

Reactions: STL BLUES

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Maybe the timing of the signing was intended as a message to the team. (Cue suspense music ...:eek:)
200.gif

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I like Bortuzzo and I would extend him at off-season if needed. This was unnecessary move by Army at this point of season.

I would re-evaluate where we're at off-season. Bring all our d-core and look where they are at. Guys like Schmaltz, Bortuzzo, Mikkola, Walman.

Code:
Ed - Pietro
Dunn - Parayko
xxxxx - xxxxx

I assume Jbo and Gunnar will walk.

Maybe rearanging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

Maybe prep for Petro being showed the door?

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
I think it's a tacit admission that what depth we have on defense in the system will be filling the skates of Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson, and we're going to need Bortuzzo for the next few years unless we want to cast a net in the FA market and see if we can land anything worthwhile.

Well, you know, unless this somehow signals that we're shoring up the right side of the defense because we're about to dump Pietrangelo. :eyeroll:

I like Bobby B and the toughness he brings and the deal is nearly perfect in terms of salary and contract length.

I'm just leery at the thought of DA doing anything of much consequence with the roster.

But I'm just a dude on a hockey fan website, so what do I know?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
My first thought was something along the lines of “lol Sanford”

I appreciate Bortz and what he brings. A little concerned with the term given his injury history and style of play...but not unhappy with the signing by any means.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Maybe rearanging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

Maybe prep for Petro being showed the door?
If Pietro walks away for free I'm gonna fly in St. Louis and set fire Blues front office. Stillman's and every f***ing guy's house whom are responsible of this franchise.

add disaster girl meme

Reactions: STL BLUES

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
I like it. He has a reputation for a stay at home but he can make things happen in the O zone. Good deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad