Borowiecki Suspended 1 Game

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
1. Boro's back is turned to Vaak.
2. It is a hockey play in the sense that he's protecting the crease, in my screen shots, all 5 Sens are collapsing in on Anderson with Bergeron trying to push in.
3. Vaak is skating in with his head up and sees Boro and does nothing, why? Tunnel vision?
4. There was hook.
5. You have 5 sens players there and there was no and I mean absolutely no reason for Vaak to skate in like that, 9 times out of 10, you do that, you're gonna get put on your wallet. Every time.

It was an unfortunate play.
I agree with most of what you said but for #3 how is Vaak suppose to do something? Boros elbow hits him in the face in a split second.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I agree with most of what you said but for #3 how is Vaak suppose to do something? Boros elbow hits him in the face in a split second.

Well, no his elbow doesn't hit him at all. It's his forearm and Vaak is skating in, Boro at this point is turned towards Craig Anderson and then turns to his side and sees Vaak skating to that area, it's not like Boro even skates over, he just shoves his forearm out like hey no not in my crease.

Vaak is a defenseman, if there's one player that even remotely understands that you DON'T do that, it's him and he did it. At that point the play is going to be whistled dead and he just skates in there like he's going to save the day 1 on 5.

Gotta be more aware.

giphy.gif

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
The issue here is, did he just assume nothing would happen because of the league he was coming from? Was he not paying any attention to his surroundings and was just so eager to make an impression in his first few games?

Like I said, not a fan of either team, especially "Boro" but it doesn't seem malicious or dirty to me at all. It looks unfortunate for a player keeping guys out of his crease and a high pick kid coming into that area and not being aware.

Not being aware someone would try to hit you in the head, damn NHL is brutal. He even put his weight on the arm as he leans on the hit.
Yeah, doesn't seem intentional to the head but it hardly matters whats the intention when the result is concussion.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not being aware someone would try to hit you in the head, damn NHL is brutal. He even put his weight on the arm as he leans on the hit.
Yeah, doesn't seem intentional to the head but it hardly matters whats the intention when the result is concussion.
Thing is, intention does, he turns and shoves his forearm out. He is trying to stop him from skating into his crease. It's a play that happens a lot during the game and you don't notice it because players will either get their arms up and shove back or whatever. This one just ended this way and this is unfortunate.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
OP just couldn't make a post without pulling the Marchand victim card.

Am I wrong?

Wilson throws that elbow (prior to his latest suspension)...6-10 games.

Marchand...6-10 games.

Crosby (tells the league he had a spasm and didn’t mean to)...0 games.

Giroux (because everyone hates Gritty)...3 games.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
2. It is a hockey play in the sense that he's protecting the crease, in my screen shots, all 5 Sens are collapsing in on Anderson with Bergeron trying to push in.
3. Vaak is skating in with his head up and sees Boro and does nothing, why? Tunnel vision?
4. There was hook.
5. You have 5 sens players there and there was no and I mean absolutely no reason for Vaak to skate in like that, 9 times out of 10, you do that, you're gonna get put on your wallet. Every time.

So, I’m assuming all of the Sens fans with this POV thought that Marchand’s elbow on Johansson was “unfortunate” and a “hockey play” and that he didn’t deserve the suspension?

On that play, Marchand was on the top of the NJ crease and was battling for the puck. He sees MJ charging in and he has to assume that he’s going to clean him out, so he throws the elbow out to protect himself.

I mean you said it yourself, guy comes charging in, 9 times out of 10 he’s going to end up on his wallet.

Am I right?

What a crock of shit.

1. Boro clearly looks over his shoulder and sees Vaak.

2. If Vaak was in the crease when Boro threw the elbow to “clear him out”, your premise would be a little more plausible. He’s clearly outside the crease area when Boro hits him.

3. Vaak skates in, looking for a rebound. Was he supposed to use his Finnish Psychic Hockey Superpowers to figure out that Boro was going to throw an unnecessary elbow to his noggin? Be more “aware”? What a f***ing joke.

4. What does the uncalled hook have to do with anything, except for yet another example of the awful officiating in the game?

5. UV skates in because the puck was loose and he was trying to bury a possible rebound. It’s not like there was a fight and he came charging in. He was trying to score a goal, you know, an actual “hockey play”, unlike Boro’s elbow.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
4. There was hook.

Uh... loose puck, rookie proving himself. There are no words for these takes but it does not reflect well, that is certain.

By the way an obvious detail you ignore is Borowiecki looks, sees Vaak, then throws the elbow at his face. Indefensible...

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
Forearm in line with V’s shoulders. Head not targeted. Head down - forearm hits chin. Elbow is white patch to the right of V’s helmet.

upload_2018-10-24_8-53-32.jpeg

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I don't like this hit/play at all, but I feel like there's an "anything goes" unwritten rule that is applied in scrums and near the crease.
I've seen players get jabbed in the face all the time when everyone heads towards the crease- clear intent and all.

I don't mind them issuing a game or 2 in this instance, but wish they'd come down harder on this stuff in general.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't like this hit/play at all, but I feel like there's an "anything goes" unwritten rule that is applied in scrums and near the crease.

I've seen players get jabbed in the face all the time when everyone heads towards the crease- clear intent and all.

I don't mind them issuing a game or 2 in this instance, but wish they'd come down harder on this stuff in general.

This play aside, it's a tough line to manage.

With pucks lying around the goalie, it's basically a free opportunity to spear a guy who can be pretty irreplaceable.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s probably an accident. This guy doesn’t have a history and people think he’s dirty because he’s ugly and looks like creep

Reactions: Beville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->