Value of: Boone Jenner

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I just wanted to get an idea of his value to both CBJ fans and around the league. We don’t have room thanks to Benning and his love of giving far to much term, money and trade protection to aging and declining veterans but I sure as heck would love Jenner on the team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We have less than zero reason to trade him (he's actually looking good at C this year), so attempts to acquire him regardless are going to get a little absurd.

Reactions: zaqq and Fro

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Could he be a piece in a Duchene package? I think he would interest the Senators a heck of a lot more than Wennberg.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Could he be a piece in a Duchene package? I think he would interest the Senators a heck of a lot more than Wennberg.
It's possible. Depends on what would be expected in the rest of the package. I'm honestly not sure how to put that one together, though, because we'd want at least something to make sure we retain Duchene under those circumstances; Jenner's not someone we want to lose for rental purposes.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I don’t see CBJ moving him. He’s a favorite with both fans and the organization.

That being said, can we offer you Bobrovsky, Wennberg, Nash, or Milano? Would happily move them!

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Kadri & Brown
for
Jenner & Anderson

CBJ
Bjorkstand - Dubois - Atkinson
Panarin - - - Kadri - - - Duclair
Robinson - Wennberg - Brown
Hannikainen - Dubinsky - Nash

TML
Nylander - Matthews - Anderson
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Johnsson - - Jenner - - Kapanen
Lindholm - - Gauthier - - Moore​

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Kadri & Brown
for
Jenner & Anderson

CBJ

TML

I think Kadri would be a great upgrade at center for Columbus, but not at the cost of losing Josh Anderson. Pass.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Kadri & Brown
for
Jenner & Anderson

CBJ

TML
I'm tempted. I'm horribly, horribly tempted. Even as much as I love Andy.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I just think it makes too much sense for both teams not to consider. Columbus gets a solid top 6 centre in Kadri who can do it all, and deserves more ice time than he gets in Toronto, and Brown who can play on the third line (albeit a downgrade from Anderson). The Jackets remain a big physical team, and Kadri would become Tortarella favourite.

Leafs downgrade their 3c position, but get 2 big capable power forwards who can play, and contribute points. This would allow the team to play Matthews and Tavares 20 minutes each/night, and use Jenner in a shut down role if need be. Both players acquired would help A LOT in the playoffs, especially against the Bruins.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Kadri & Brown
for
Jenner & Anderson

CBJ

TML
If you would like to change Anderson out im sure we can talk but Andy stops the conversation. Way more valuable to us then any other team.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
If you would like to change Anderson out im sure we can talk but Andy stops the conversation. Way more valuable to us then any other team.
Wouldn’t really make much sense for us, unless you switch him with Savard.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Savard wouldn’t make much sense for us, either. We’d have no RHD behind Jones at the NHL level, and our only RS defenseman in our prospect pool is still a few years away from cracking the NHL.

Would Jenner and a pick or prospect work for Kadri?

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I'm not even mildly tempted. We go from a strong tough team to a weak team in one move.

Besides, have you watched Kadri and Brown this year? They haven't been nearly as good. Kadri looks weaker to me.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not even mildly tempted. We go from a strong tough team to a weak team in one move.

Besides, have you watched Kadri and Brown this year? They haven't been nearly as good. Kadri looks weaker to me.
Brown, yes, I'd agree. Kadri, tho? He does better with better linemates; he's proven that before. I wouldn't be concerned there.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Brown, yes, I'd agree. Kadri, tho? He does better with better linemates; he's proven that before. I wouldn't be concerned there.

So we're going to offer him better linemates than the Leafs can? It's precisely how he plays without a Marner on his line that we should be thinking about (and his scoring rates without Marner are lower than Jenner/Anderson).

We absolutely cannot trade Anderson and Jenner (the tough identity of the team) for a player unless that player can run a line.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Honestly Im one of the only cbj fans that would say ok because Nutivaara can play right side as hes shown so jones/werenski/Murray/Nuti is a great top 4 with Gavrikov and Peake I feel being ready for a spot next year. We would need a TDL RD thats a stop gap but Id do it.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad