Confirmed with Link: Boone Jenner signs 4 year contract (3.75 Mil AAV)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
It's actually a better deal for the Jacket than for Jenner, however he gets term. Now off to the other RFA's.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Good money/term for player and team. Fair value for what he brings, and he is very tradable going forward if it was necessary for us to do so i would think.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Nice deal. I don't see much to complain about, so long as there isn't a NTC/NMC attached.

I think getting 15-20 goals and ~15 assists from Jenner and Anderson, along with 10 goals and 30 points each from Dubinsky and Nash would be reasonable and quality depth production for us next year. I think most of us would be happy with 50+ goals from those four guys.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What is Jenner doing at the Peter Strzok hearing?

180712113500-peter-strzok-7-12-large-169.jpg

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Okay, I'm bumping this thread............for a couple reasons.

First, from the opening bell of the season, I have to give Boone Jenner marks for playing at the highest level, most consistently, to get this team to the quarter pole (almost). Others have had nice runs or good stretches, but when you look at some of the guys that have been injured and missed a few games, it just seems like Boone has been there almost every night and certainly every shift. Jones missed some time.....Bread has been cold of late.....Murray is rounding into form......Dubinsky was going good and is going good, but missed some time......you get the idea. So anyway, feel free to call me out if you think I'm wrong.

But the bigger thing I want to discuss is as follows; "Is it now time to end this silly charade and just call Boone Jenner a Center?" The guy has been moved back and forth into the center slot while a certain player was getting sent home last year, getting stripped of a letter, and basically crapping the bed. Yes, he has come back and played well, but Coach Tortorella keeps putting said player on the wing. The board's favorite whipping boy has not regained his 2016 level of play yet (although he might be on the right track). Said whipping boy still is mired on the 3rd line. This is taking place while the line of Foligno - Jenner - Anderson is creating havoc every shift. This Jen-And-Foil line (or J&F for short), is generating offense most every night and basically scaring the hell out of the opposition. I don't know, maybe we should call them the Scrubbing Bubbles line. They fight the grime and leave everything clean and tidy.

I don't know about you, but the way this team is constructed, Jenner should probably be plopped in a Center role and Dubinsky, Wennberg, and Nash should just fight it out to push him out of that spot. I'm excited about the longer term of this team down the spine with guys like Texier and a couple others being developed. But for my $$, Jenner should @ be center full-time for the rest of 18-19 (barring injuries - massive trade - other unknown.

What say you??

Reactions: CBJFan827

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think his current role of taking draws and moving back to wing is okay. I'll trust the coaches judgement that he gets too caught up in the play instead of reading it, and isn't quick enough to play center full time.

Reactions: Viqsi

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think his current role of taking draws and moving back to wing is okay. I'll trust the coaches judgement that he gets too caught up in the play instead of reading it, and isn't quick enough to play center full time.

So is Foligno playing center on that line then? It seems a little more hectic than that to me.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So is Foligno playing center on that line then? It seems a little more hectic than that to me.
It feels a lot more like whoever's F1/F2/F3 is determined by the whimsy of the moment. At least as far as I can tell; I tend to pay more attention to blueliners.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It feels a lot more like whoever's F1/F2/F3 is determined by the whimsy of the moment. At least as far as I can tell; I tend to pay more attention to blueliners.

I haven't been paying that much attention to this either. I have seen that they have all been deep on the forecheck, and it's nothing out of the norm for offensive zone play to be F1, F2, F3, i.e. no center or wing role. The real tell is who is defending below the hashmarks. Only the center should do that. I've seen both do it, but like I said, I haven't watched all that closely.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Foligno - Jenner - Anderson

As long as they are getting results who cares where Foligno & Jenner play. Neither have been the picture of consistency (at least the good kind) for the past two years. I'd keep them together as is for as long as possible. Hopefully they both have really good seasons and Andy does too. That would go a long way to solidify the Jackets as a top team in the league.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Boone Jenner is a "30 goal scorer" the same way Josh Anderson is.

It might not be pretty or flashy, but people here significantly DOWNPLAY Jenner's passing and shooting ability. Especially his shot. He might need an extra sec as his release isn't quite on Bjorkstrand's level, but when he does have it, he can finish, with a wrister from "distance".

Also, besides the "crash and bang" type goals he gets, he actually has quite a good legit finish around the net that not many people you would NOT call a "goal scorer" have.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I've always felt Torts is full of crap, Jenner should be playing center. No I don't "trust the coaches judgement". His overuse of Foligno is just one of a long list of questionable roster decisions by this guy.

On that note I'm out.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Whoever is playing center on that line (it's funny that we're not sure) must be doing a decent job. That line has been outplaying other clubs top lines.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Interesting what people thought about Torts and the line just as it was put/kept together to start the year.

Apparently the "numbers" and "facts" showed that the line (and essentially Boone Jenner in general) didn't "work".

What's changed or what is different now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad