Confirmed with Link: Boone Jenner signs 4 year contract (3.75 Mil AAV)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If Boone comes in at 3.5 mill per season , that’s a steal . He’s versatile , can play center or wing and do both very well , and is 25 yrs old

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah... He's probably going to get an AAV over 4. I'm happy he'll be back for a few more years. I hope we are paying enough where there are no restrictive NMC/NTC terms.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm in the camp that thinks 3.5 should be the max but I wouldn't be surprised at something close to 4. Definitely shouldn't be a NMC/NTC.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jenners skating deficiencies concern me.

If there are any trade/movement restrictions I'd be very disappointed.

Jarmo loves his roster way too much

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I've learned over the past couple of weeks that some posters will complain about anything. If Columbus does A instead of B, they complain. If Columbus does B instead of A, they complain. I don't know how anyone can say our front office is too loyal with all of the roster turnover we have had since they have been hired.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jenners skating deficiencies concern me.

If there are any trade/movement restrictions I'd be very disappointed.

Jarmo loves his roster way too much

Trying to think like Jarmo, outside of Anderson, Murray, Nutivaara, Jenner, Milano, and Savard there's not much to trade. Everyone is either part of the young core that you'd like to keep (PLD, Bjork, Werenski, Jones) or has no trade/no move protection (Atkinson, Dubi, Foligno, Bob). I don't see any urgency to move any of these guys due to the age of most of them, and I doubt they subtract from their young core. Even though there's a lot of pessimism with the team (warranted) they seem pretty dug in on their position to bank on improvement from within.

Reactions: thebus88

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Two most likely scenarios:

The Jackets just saved a boatload of money over letting him go to UFA next year and then signing him after he has a bounce-back year.

Jenner has a bad year, and they have the option to trade him. With this deal, and his pedigree, someone will want him even if he has a bad year.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Under 3.5 and I'm happy. He'd be worth twice that if he brought his play from the last 25 games for the whole season, but as of right now his play is too inconsistent (not to say the effort isn't there).
Like I said, would've been happy with 3.5 or under, but I'm content with 3.75

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jenner and his agent made a very good decision to sign a $15 million deal. He's probably a 15 goals mid 30 points type of player and he will be paid quite handsomely for that type of productivity.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Jenner and his agent made a very good decision to sign a $15 million deal. He's probably a 15 goals mid 30 points type of player and he will be paid quite handsomely for that type of productivity.

He is getting paid what those guys get paid now. If he goes up to 40+ points, which he can, he is a bargain for everything else he brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad