Books about ice

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Hello all,

I'm quite interested about ice and ice management.

There's a super small chance I could get a job working on and with ice.

So, any good books out there about ice creation, ice management, how to flood, how to melt, the temperatures and what not?

This isn't something that is easily Googled. I punched in "books about NHL ice" and got results like "Hockey for Dummies"

I typed in "books about ice" and got stuff about crystal meth.

I tried "books about ice management" and still, got little to work with.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
I typed in "ice making hockey" and got all kinds of ice info. You might want to put a little more effort in if you're looking to get a job in that field.

forbs02

Blergh
Jun 17, 2008
Try to get a part-time job working at an ice rink. I worked at a rink all through college and learned a lot about ice making and maintenance. If you have any specific questions I might be able to answer for your, but the best way to learn it is hands on.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
Go to your local rink and ask what the qualifications are to be the person in charge of ice maintenance there. I've seen these jobs posted at my local arenas before and I know you need some sort of certification to do with refrigeration. If I remembered what it was called I'd tell you :P. But if you go to your rink, they should know, and then that will be a good place to start your search.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->