Status
Not open for further replies.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
41bOUvkW55L._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: Babe Ruth

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm reading The Guest List (2020) which was the Goodreads winner for best mystery & thriller novel and I should really stop listening to goodreads because I'm done two thirds of the novel almost and still waiting for the mystery to kick in. Absolutely hate the writing style as well, I should really stop listening to Goodreads. Not a bad book but it's like reading the type of disposable TV drama that I'm not into.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Finally finished Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch. Was a fun enough read. Not as much shenanigans as the past books iirc (been a while since I read them)

Just started John Grisham’s “The Reckoning”. Passable so far. Nothings really happened in the first 120 pages. I expect some twists and turns to come soon tho

Reactions: Thucydides

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. I think it's a must read book I wrote an essay about it in college. To save my time I decided to buy cheap essay online to save my time. It was right decision. I saved my time and got the highest score in the class.

Last edited:

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
51sl6CsuSIL.jpg

Reading the book for the first time. Amazing so far.

Good book.. I've read it a couple times. Several years back I also bought The Confessions of Wanda von Sacher-Masoch. Which is a collection of accounts written by his wife.. their life (& some perversions) together. Depraved, candid sexual admissions are basically routine now.. but Masoch's writings & insights were eye-opening/shocking for their era. I mean he got a psychosexual mindset named after him..

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Just finished The Reckoning by Grisham. What a massive let down, can’t believe I even finished it. Garbage!

onto bigger and better things hopefully with one of my favourite Fantasy authors. Will be diving into Joe Abercrombie’s “Red Country”. He broke onto the fantasy scene with his “first law trilogy” a while back. He’s in the group that includes George Martin, Robert Jordan, Steven Erikson and to lessor degrees Scott Lynch, Patrick Rothfuss and maybe glen cook (I enjoyed his tales of the black company at least) and maybe Daniel Abraham and Scott Bakker (even tho I didn’t enjoy really his prince of nothing series it was super popular)

hopefully this red country lives up to his other books which I’ve enjoyed so much. Been so long since I’ve read one of his novels also. Fantasy books are my jam too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->