HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
81qN5Nmu6uL.jpg

Reactions: stingo

mariopepper

Jun 25, 2019
Arch of Triumph and I am almost done with it. Honestly I am not a big fan of reading but anyway I was asked at school to read and write an essay by using content and the main part of the book, use quotes etc. As I've told before I am not good at writing at all so I asked finance homework help online to succeed with this assignment of mine. In the result I have been reading for about 4 weeks and I like it very much and I also got whatever I needed to write.
51lqz9y6xvL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
51EIdr6Jt6L.jpg

Author is synchronizing the purported benefits of Buddhist meditation with psychiatric treatment.. basically the science of how Buddhist thought & meditation improve mental (& spiritual) health. He documents his first hand experiences w/meditation..

Reactions: Hippasus and stingo

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016

Great book.. did you (et al) ever see the movie version from 10-15 years ago. It had Colin Ferrell as Bandini.. they completely altered the ending, basically sabotaging the dynamic of Bandini's unrequited love.. Movie was otherwise decent, but damn. The movie's ending went completely off the grid.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Great book.. did you (et al) ever see the movie version from 10-15 years ago. It had Colin Ferrell as Bandini.. they completely altered the ending, basically sabotaging the dynamic of Bandini's unrequited love.. Movie was otherwise decent, but damn. The movie's ending went completely off the grid.

Yeah, heard of it, never watched it. Farrell's a damn good actor but the movie doesn't sound very appealing. The poster itself is terrible.

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
latest

From a series of graphic novels, based on vintage Twilight Zone episodes. Great concept, interesting adaptation of the original script.. artwork is kinda generic tho. Basically a good read, I'm planning on looking at some of the other books in this series (Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone).

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
39884755.jpg

My kid checked this one out, but lost interest.. so I read thru it.
A series of poems written from the perspective of a real Nazi resistor (Sophie Scholl). A narrative of solely poems is kinda different..

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Any good recent personal finance books for Canadians from this last year or two? The most recent one I read was I think 2016 (Value of Simple Investing or something).

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Any good recent personal finance books for Canadians from this last year or two? The most recent one I read was I think 2016 (Value of Simple Investing or something).

Have you the “the intelligent investor”? Great book.

If you’re talking about stocks , the best stock book I’ve ever read “reminiscences of a stock operator” about Jesse Livermore. Greatest trader who ever lived , and a good book about investing and the mentality behind being a successful investor as well.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
If you’re talking about stocks , the best stock book I’ve ever read “reminiscences of a stock operator” about Jesse Livermore. Greatest trader who ever lived , and a good book about investing and the mentality behind being a successful investor as well.

Ain't nobody got time for stocks. I just want up to date passive investing tips for Canadians, hadn't seen any books since 2016.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Ain't nobody got time for stocks. I just want up to date passive investing tips for Canadians, hadn't seen any books since 2016.

Buy an index fund that tracks the whole market that charges low management fees, and has a dividend?

VUN.to

Don’t know any books, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->