Recalled/Assigned: Boo Nieves

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ugh, glad to see Boo but that must mean that CK or Buch (or both) are gonna be out for the foreseeable future...not good...

We are on a roadtrip in Western Canada, are we not? It would be better to have Nieves out there and not play then need him and not being able to use him. I wouldn't read too much into this.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV said they would be recalling someone based on how Buch is feeling, soooooooooooooooooooooo...

Not great news for Buch. This doesn't mean anything regarding Kreider, since he is likely out for a longer term anyway.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's not Glass so i'm thrilled.

You might say that there will be no shattering of the Glass ceiling today?

giphy.gif

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Side note: Could you imagine if Boo got put on a line with Zucc and Buch? Whenever one of them scores a goal, we'd get to hear the crowd Zucc'ing or Boo'ing or Buch'ing and Sam Rosen would lose his mind.

"Those aren't boo's Joe, those are...wait a minute, those are Booooo's"

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's going to have a nice career. He bears a lot of similarities to our last Michigan kid, Hagelin. Smart, responsible, can play in all situations. He has better hands than Hagelin, better vision. Not the battler that Hags is and not the tireless forechecker. Not as physically engaged. Not AS fast but still an excellent skater. If his development continues I think he becomes a guy who consistently scores 10-15 goals with 20+ assists. He'll be able to play on any line and fit in.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Players with size, speed, and even a hint of hockey IQ (Sorry Artyukhin) will typically be able to fill some kind of productive role.

He fits the team mold of speed and constant waves of attack, so that's good. Not much place on this team for slow wingers/centers with the exception of Stepan and Pirri.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't think he's NHL ready but he's probably the guy I would have brought up too. First off--he's got a future---that's unclear with Jensen and Hrivik. He's got the skating and he's got the size and strength. I like this.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Coaches like Boo a lot more than other options. He's still a little too passive for my likes but he will make a run for a spot if he's a decisive shooter.

Some think he's a Benoit Pouliot type of player with a dip in the skill grade.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Coaches like Boo a lot more than other options. He's still a little too passive for my likes but he will make a run for a spot if he's a decisive shooter.

Some think he's a Benoit Pouliot type of player with a dip in the skill grade.

As long as he skates hard and is responsible with the puck I think he'll fill in fine. He looked great in the preseason when he was engaged in the game. I wonder if they will play him on Lindberg's wing or if they trust him enough to play center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad