Recalled/Assigned: Boo Nieves to NYR

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
And you know this based on what exactly?

At that logic, why not move him do defense where the Rangers are really thin?

You LOOSE him at center. You LOOSE a legit top line center and CHOOSE to play him out of position.

Are you ignoring the age difference when Drury broke down? And such a fear can be said about any player.

Based on what do you make this statement?

Then good luck signing ore resigning any players of significance.

Can you please learn the difference between loose and lose and use them correctly. Especially if you are going to use them in CAPS.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I want to thank @Ori for his kind comments in a recent prior main trade thread at our board.

Indeed, Nieves is looking more and more like a middle pivot with 2C possibilities [not withstanding special matchups when paired with a 1LW, Kreider]. Thank you for speaking to the truth despite the closemindedness of some, including certain of my detractors.

Someone right after said "don't encourage him", a willing choice to reject truth and fact so as to deny me any credit for going against the herd and starting to be proven correct.

Truth ultimately prevails.

For the sake of our beloved Rangers, let us hope every NYR player, including Boo, reaches max potential.

You are legitimately insane.

You cited a random missed assist. A mere footnote.

Nothing has developed to prove you correct.

Nothing is moving in that direction, there are no signs and there have been no changes.

There is no logical reason to have a different read on Boo Nieves than I had in October.

You are wrong. You are wrong. Accept it.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Can you please learn the difference between loose and lose and use them correctly. Especially if you are going to use them in CAPS.
Thank you for the corrections. I shall endeavor to make my typing slower so that improper grammar does not occur. Thank you so much for being ever vigilant. Your contributions are making HF great again.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
so guess who went to last nite's game and guess who got a goal?

now if only I can get Quinn to pair Nieves with Kreider and Zib or Chytil for the rest of the year.

more on Nieves play later....

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

now if only I can get Quinn to pair Nieves with Kreider and Zib or Chytil for the rest of the year.

more on Nieves play later....
Nieves is a good 4C. He doesn't have the skill to play anywhere other than that in the lineup.

Putting him with first liners and into a first line role would hurt him and hurt his linemates.

He's a great skater and has come a long way to play himself into being a legitimate NHL player. Why does it have to be more than that?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

If we were to come on here after every time that Neives has not scored a goal, guess who would look more correct?
Can't tell if this is supposed to be serious. Thankfully, Quinn seems to be able to see a 4th liner and utilize him in such a role

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Congrats on witnessing his 4th goal of the year. I'm sure you were thrilled

no.
you get called out for bs

Sure it was only his 4th goal, but that is out of context:

he missed a huge chunk of the season w/concussion/related;
so
as a result he has played both fewer games/shifts/minutes;
thus
if you recognized the math and noted the ratio of goals/mins, it would be much more favorable.

On top of that there is defense
and
further, there is intelligent play which helps yield good +/-.

And finally, he did all this playing almost entirely on the 4th line, a good portion of that with McLeod at W, who was largely a black hole on offense. Sure, the Highlander was there for checking, and that's fine. But such line assignments weight Boo's number's down. So let's not insinuate Nieves is not productive given these circumstances.

He IS a very talented player at every facet of the game except scoring, and he can up his game otherwise to keep pace with better talented players. If as I have said, they put him with Kreider, allow for some familiarity to generate chemistry, and add the correct 1RW, Nieves will do okay on goals and great on assists.

Your one dimensional statement suffers from a lack of credibility.
Since you force me to remind you, water is wet.

Also, with or without Kreider, Nieves gets and looks better by the day.
Tell it like it ACTUALLY is, let your conscience be your guide.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
no.

so
thus
if you recognized the math and noted the ratio of goals/mins, it would be much more favorable.

and

And finally, he did all this playing almost entirely on the 4th line, a good portion of that with McLeod at W, who was largely a black hole on offense. Sure, the Highlander was there for checking, and that's fine. But such line assignments weight Boo's number's down. So let's not insinuate Nieves is not productive given these circumstances.

He IS a very talented player at every facet of the game except scoring, and he can up his game otherwise to keep pace with better talented players. If as I have said, they put him with Kreider, allow for some familiarity to generate chemistry, and add the correct 1RW, Nieves will do okay on goals and great on assists.

Seek help

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
no.

so
thus

and

Holy shit

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Bo Nieves almost sank the Titanic alone with that goal against Tampa and got us an OT and a loser point, because of Pionk. And while Chytil is in Quinn`s doghouse - and guess who will get the chance, yeah that`s Nieves. :)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern's Nieves insanity is far more enjoyable than Webster's Zuccarello's obsession was
appreciate the 'enjoyable' comment, and happy there is an apparent entertainment aspect, but
it is NOT insanity if what is being said is factually true.

Columbus insisted the world is not flat, b'c if you go west long enough, you wind up east at Cathay. He was right. The fact that the Americas were in the way is irrelevant; if they were not there, Columbus would have traveled exactly as he forecasted.

Because of that, everyone who insisted it was not possible because the world was flat had to bend, buckle and break and accept, whether they admitted it or not, that they were wrong.

I am not looking to go quite there, unless it is necessary, and if then, only for those who deserve it, not the base as a whole.

We have wasted assets and that is exacerbated b'c we are recovering from overly splurging on win now until just recently. That applies to all sports teams, not just NYR. The NY Jets wasted I believe a 2nd on Christian Hackenberg, or whatever his name was; wow what a disaster that clearly was, and is still costing them.

People are no longer saying Boo is that level failure, although a handful once did, if I remember correctly. But the naysayers are STILL wrong They insist inaccurately, unfairly, almost prejudicially that Nieves can ONLY be a 4th liner, and be grateful we are now conceding that.

To such arbitrary judgment, I say bite me. I will not permit such misjudgment of a valued asset, that we shouldn't and can't afford to turn into another Skapski, to go unchallenged --- and proven wrong.

It is factually true Nieves only has 4 goals, not that that is exclusively the only be all and end all in player value.
It is also factually true that he has played less shifts, less minutes [also not available for all games, and recovered from concussion.
Adjusted to per 60 mins across the board, Nieves 4 to date is favorable. While generally speaking statistics can be cherry picked and not provide a completely accurate picture, the math here does not lie. Anyone who wants, feel free to do it. I dare ya.

It is even more so b'c the odd HANDFUL of mins aside, he has not yet been paired with Kreider, with adequate practice, and the correct 1RW available.
In fact, a weighting has to be made b'c most of Nieves' 4th line shifts had hi with McLeod, who we can agree contributes a min on offense.

I regret the base has been largely timid in joining me at the start, but results so far show Boo emerging slowly but surely with each little bit of opportunity. Now, the base has to decide which way the herd runs; does it mock bernmeister 'cause it is fun to do so, or does it speak truth and admit that on this, it appears I am right, not withstanding we have yet to see the ultimate test I outlined with Kreider.

In a vacuum Nieves is now a legit middle 6 talent, not a hapless 4th liner; he could be 1C if the corresponding first line W(s) [i.e. Kreider] are given a legit and sustained opportunity to mesh.

He is among the most defensively responsible players we have, as evidenced by his +/-. Do not ignore that. Admit it.

I am proven right we should not have traded Kreider, proven right we should have traded Stepan earlier, proven right on a couple of other things that I called for and were derided at the time.

Barring injury I will be proven correct about Nieves.

I have been wrongly excommunicated from the main board b'c of my defense of the Nieves truth.

It is time for the base to wake up and reassess what I've said.

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->