Post-Game Talk: Bolts @ Caps, leftovers edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Exactly why I wanted them to beat the Pens so bad in 2016, because the Bolts were waiting and our ticket to the Final was punched. ;)
The last time the caps lost a playoffs in a sweep was to the lightning. Playoffs and rs. 2 different things

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Connolly is where plays go to die. He seems like he’s either 2 seconds behind the play or makes an extra move when he shouldn’t.

I admit it want to see more of Walker, but DSP Stephenson and Chiasson have been pretty good.
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see any more of Walker. He hasnt done any thing with his chances. He isn't ready for the NHL and may not ever be

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see any more of Walker. He hasnt done any thing with his chances. He isn't ready for the NHL and may not ever be

Agreed. Nice story, but other than being fast, he can’t handle the nhl right now. I was never a fan of the idea he would make the caps.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
QUOTE="maacoshark, post: 138302663, member: 289041"]Am I the only one that doesn't want to see any more of Walker. He hasnt done any thing with his chances. He isn't ready for the NHL and may not ever be[/QUOTE]
You're not the only one. If he would clear waivers, then send him down to get some playing time and to work on his penalty killing. I was hoping he would at least get a few games in a row, to gel with his linemates, and to get some rythym, but I guess it's not to be. Knowing his ceiling, there could've been better development. That being said, who knows, he might turn into a serviceable 12/13 forward, he just needs to play somewhere.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
QUOTE="maacoshark, post: 138302663, member: 289041"]Am I the only one that doesn't want to see any more of Walker. He hasnt done any thing with his chances. He isn't ready for the NHL and may not ever be
You're not the only one. If he would clear waivers, then send him down to get some playing time and to work on his penalty killing. I was hoping he would at least get a few games in a row, to gel with his linemates, and to get some rythym, but I guess it's not to be. Knowing his ceiling, there could've been better development. That being said, who knows, he might turn into a serviceable 12/13 forward, he just needs to play somewhere.[/QUOTE]
I just don't think he is an NHL calibre player.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
You're not the only one. If he would clear waivers, then send him down to get some playing time and to work on his penalty killing. I was hoping he would at least get a few games in a row, to gel with his linemates, and to get some rythym, but I guess it's not to be. Knowing his ceiling, there could've been better development. That being said, who knows, he might turn into a serviceable 12/13 forward, he just needs to play somewhere.
I just don't think he is an NHL calibre player.[/QUOTE]
At this point, he doesn't look like one. Send him down to play, I don't think anyone would claim him. I would be curious to hear BMac's feelings, he was the one that traded two 4th rd picks (Shestyorkin and ryan mantha) to draft Walker in the 3rd rd. Being familiar with him from previous camps, they must've seen something that warranted selecting him ahead of where he should've been. Is it Walker? The development in Hershey? Scouting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->