Post-Game Talk: Bolts @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
I was fuming too. I still am. The 2 Eller penalties pissed me off. The brutal pass by Kempny was pretty frustrating. And on that play I think it vwas Burakovsky that brought the puck back in our zone. Burakovsky was downright awful. I can't believe he us in the lineup. Must be a management decision.

If they think they're increasing his trade value, they're sadly mistaken.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I don't know what it is either, but I'm absolutely infuriated. I've never been mad at this team, now that I think about it. I've been disappointed, numb, heart-broken, despondent even (Stepan OT game 7 goal), but not really angry or mad. Hockey is a weird sport where if you literally take it one play at a time, you can win and change the momentum of a series. Where 2-0 or even 3-0 series leads dwindle to historic losses.

We've never beaten TB at home in the playoffs I don't believe, I saw that posted somewhere, so we probably need to win Game 6 to eliminate them either way. So we need to break that streak too. We can absolutely win, fix the PK and that's probably all we need to do.

Sun1126

May 18, 2018
You guys are being too negative, Caps are playing good hockey, better then opposition. Also appreciate where they came this year, beat Penguins finally and advanced to conference finals.

For the record i hate Tampa, they just feed off their power play and their divers. and kempny turns the puck over big time forcing Eller to take penalties i noticed

Caps will win this series. We got this!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Burt reminds me of Flash - even a slightly lesser version. Both had a tendency to puck-carry too long, run out of options, and turn it over. Flash was a bit stronger on the boards.
Oh man, thank you for this post. At some point last night, someone (can't remember who) said something to the effect of, "I've NEVER seen a Caps player get ragdolled and cough up the puck as often as Burakovsky!" and my brain was like, "Wait, who was that winger.... ugh, constantly ragdolled, always turning the puck over, infuriating to watch, it wasn't that long ago! WHO?!" It was driving me nuts!

It was Flash.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Oh man, thank you for this post. At some point last night, someone (can't remember who) said something to the effect of, "I've NEVER seen a Caps player get ragdolled and cough up the puck as often as Burakovsky!" and my brain was like, "Wait, who was that winger.... ugh, constantly ragdolled, always turning the puck over, infuriating to watch, it wasn't that long ago! WHO?!" It was driving me nuts!

It was Flash.

I think that was me who made the ragdolled comment. It never failed, practically every time I saw someone carry the puck into the zone then get swiftly tossed aside I checked his jersey when he got up and it was always 65. I know people have been shitting on Burakovsky for awhile but I generally tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had potential but Christ the closer I watch games the more I notice his ineffectiveness

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think for many, pregame lineup fantasizing had Bura out and Chaser in. [don't know his nickname, just guessing]

Kuzy Ovi and Holts may steal a lot of the credit, but the kids forced into the lineup thus far have all held their own and dare I think helped us get by Pitt. Led by Nathan Walker to Chaisson with maybe our most critical goal of the entire season, for it deflated the pens early in R2G6.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I know people have been ****ting on Burakovsky for awhile but I generally tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had potential but Christ the closer I watch games the more I notice his ineffectiveness
s-l300.jpg

(P.S. I don't believe in Burakovsky.)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
While my liver and work have appreciated me not drinking heavily this week, that may all change Saturday night. The perennial uneasy feeling that our season is slipping away is once again upon us. Home sweet home.

Beer googles to the rescue
zoFK1TA.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think that was me who made the ragdolled comment. It never failed, practically every time I saw someone carry the puck into the zone then get swiftly tossed aside I checked his jersey when he got up and it was always 65. I know people have been ****ting on Burakovsky for awhile but I generally tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had potential but Christ the closer I watch games the more I notice his ineffectiveness

2 offseasons ago I wanted 65 to add 15-20 lbs of muscle. He didn’t and he’s a weak ass pushover on the puck because of it.

It’s time to move on this summer. He doesn’t have the heart or desire to be great. He’s part of the problem not the solution.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
It looks like people are starting to come around to what an empty shirt Burakovsky is...abysmal decision to protect him over Schmidt.

...and Holtby is being outplayed and it needs to change now if they have any hopes of winning another game.

The Caps outplayed Tampa in 3 of 4 games in this series, and are only tied because Vas stole Game 4.

Reactions: calicapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It looks like people are starting to come around to what an empty shirt Burakovsky is...abysmal decision to protect him over Schmidt.

...and Holtby is being outplayed and it needs to change now if they have any hopes of winning another game.

The Caps outplayed Tampa in 3 of 4 games in this series, and are only tied because Vas stole Game 4.

Except that wasn’t the option as it remeber it. Wilson would be gone and 65 would still be here.

If I had a time machine, I still only protect the 3 D we did then. I would have chosen Wilson Over Schmidt then, and I’d do it today.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I saw him throw a hit last night. The first in memory. When life gives you 4th line duties, you gotta be 4th liner. I cant find a gif so here is a consolation.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
You guys are being too negative, Caps are playing good hockey, better then opposition. Also appreciate where they came this year, beat Penguins finally and advanced to conference finals.

For the record i hate Tampa, they just feed off their power play and their divers. and kempny turns the puck over big time forcing Eller to take penalties i noticed

Caps will win this series. We got this!
They played good and better hockey than Pittsburgh last year in second round and played good and better hockey than Montreal years back too.

Same result was a loss. It’s called blowing a opportunity and choking.

You have to make good on your chances. You win by converting - not everything good except that.

Reactions: chilimac

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Holy crap the Caps are aggravating, they always end up making me feel like that scene from Christmas Vacation where Clark's christmas tree gets burned down by one of his relatives and he finally snaps and loses it.

However I think I'm starting to get over the frustration and anger of watching them lose last night and once again blow a great opportunity and can think more level-headed about the Caps. I don't think they're done. I know we're all conditioned to expect the worst from being continually let down but this team has been tough as nails all year, even in the regular season. I remember many games during the season marveling at their toughness when they got down to a team and fought back to win. And in a year they lost key guys and were supposed to take a step back, which made me even more proud of them. This is not a team of superstars that just coasted during the season and got punched in the mouth for the first time in the playoffs. This is a team made up of aging vets who know they're running out of time and young guys thrust into key roles who are literally cutting their teeth in front of our eyes, and had to earn every win this year. If any Caps team is going to finally get it done, it's this version.

I stocked up on really good beer for the weekend, and am going to unplug from thinking about them for awhile and watch a movie with my family tonight. Then I'm going to settle back in Saturday night and watch them drop the hammer get one step closer to the SC

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
2 offseasons ago I wanted 65 to add 15-20 lbs of muscle. He didn’t and he’s a weak ass pushover on the puck because of it.

It’s time to move on this summer. He doesn’t have the heart or desire to be great. He’s part of the problem not the solution.

Indeed you did and are correct. Meanwhile Djoos looks to be capable for the future despite his size.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

We didn't really protect Burakovsky over Schmidt. We protected Carlson, Orlov and Niskanen over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->