Bolland Suspended

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
http://www.tsn.ca/chl/news_story.asp?id=162060

Suspended four games for kicking in the OHL playoffs. I don't get all these incidents that are happening with Junior players. When did all of a sudden these talented kids become punks. To blame the referee or linesman for causing you to kick someone is completely uncalled for.

The refs should have let the Owen Sound player beat Bolland to a bloody pulp. How these guys don't understand that you can seriously injure someone by kicking them while wearing skates is ludicrous and absurd. Four games for any sort of kick in any hockey league is a joke. He should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs. You want to send a message when it comes to getting rid of that kind of behaviour, that's what you do. Of course, nobody in any league has the guts or balls to do anything like that. And that's why hockey will always be viewed as some sort of bush league sport.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Bolland is a good kid, but he ****ed up on that one. I don't like the way he blamed the ref, but obviously he didn't want to get suspended by admitting he did it.

The Knights missed him tonight, falling to Owen Sound and are now down 2-1 in the series.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
I didn't see the game, so if someone who did see this, if they could clarify what exactly happened that would be great. It seems very uncharacteristic of Bolland to "kick" another player, its something you would expect from Downie but not Bolland. I know that game was pretty rough, tons of penalties, even Schremp got into the mix.

GXL

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
I like David Branch and think he does a good job with discipline in the OHL.....but he completely dropped tha ball by suspending Bolland for 4 games and NOT suspending Downie for his slashes at the feet of that defenceman.

jaydub*

BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Suspended four games for kicking in the OHL playoffs. I don't get all these incidents that are happening with Junior players. When did all of a sudden these talented kids become punks. To blame the referee or linesman for causing you to kick someone is completely uncalled for.

The refs should have let the Owen Sound player beat Bolland to a bloody pulp. How these guys don't understand that you can seriously injure someone by kicking them while wearing skates is ludicrous and absurd. Four games for any sort of kick in any hockey league is a joke. He should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs. You want to send a message when it comes to getting rid of that kind of behaviour, that's what you do. Of course, nobody in any league has the guts or balls to do anything like that. And that's why hockey will always be viewed as some sort of bush league sport.

Bobby Clarke fan?

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

While I can't condone what Bolland did, I felt that 4 games was appropriate. David Branch has more BALLS then any commissioner of any league around. He could have gone one step further and said he's done for the series, but taking Bolland out of the London's lineup for 4 games, could inevitably be the rest of the playoffs for the Knights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad