Bolland says Bozak is a top C

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
He's virtually invisible.

This guy plays 20+mins a game + PP/PK time every single night and you don't even notice him on the ice.

This isn't a good thing. I want a center contributing to some offensive play, not diminishing it.

Penalty Kill Icing*

It's a "two player" line. Bozak is just there. Why don't people call a spade a spade already. Bozak ****ing sucks.

He has never replied ever since I claimed that Bozak doesn't register points on plays by his linemates. If I were wrong, I would've definitely seen stats chart by now.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
He has never replied ever since I claimed that Bozak doesn't register points on plays by his linemates. If I were wrong, I would've definitely seen stats chart by now.

I love how players saying nice things about their teammates is something shocking. What did people think Bolland was going to say? The reporter asked him a loaded question.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
If he had said anything else he would be a dressing room cancer. Why is this even going? Can't you contain your hatred to one thread?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This is not such a bad thing, as a Center your job is to make sure your wingers get the puck, Bozak does not get in the way of Kessel and JVR, it's not his job to handle the puck. This is why it works. Nothing wrong with cheating defensively, though I call it just being defensively responsible. If one watches his play, he is always in position to break up plays when teammates are up ice. The only critique for him is he is not an elite points producer, again if he were he would be 6.2-7.2M+ cap hit as opposed to a 4.2M. How many elite C's are paid 4.2 per year?

There absolutely IS something wrong with cheating your game on the defensive side.

A all around, skilled two way player, does not need to cheat on either side of the puck.

Cheating on the O side leads to issues in your end and cheating on D leads to issues in theirs.

I find nothing laudable in giving your wingers the puck in the neutral zone or chipping to the corners where your teammate is.

His passes are nothing more then your standard white bread plays.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
There absolutely IS something wrong with cheating your game on the defensive side.

A all around, skilled two way player, does not need to cheat on either side of the puck.
Yeah, well, I've got some news. We don't have one that is a first line talent and there weren't (and aren't) any available. Would you rather have somebody doing something that vaguely resembles defensively responsible play, or have the line be a near complete defensive liability and handicap how it can be utilized?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad