Bolland lighting it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
The kid had 1g and 3a this afternoon for London and now sits in the Top 15 in OHL scoring. He's ahead of Mr. Schremp in goals and points, but doesn't seem to be getting any recognition. Bolland has an outside chance at 50 this year as a 17 yr old.

Where will this guy go on draft day and will he move into the Top 10? I know Schremp is Top 5 talent, so Bolland should be somewhere in there!

Dr_Chimera*

HabLover said:
Bolland has an outside chance at 50 this year as a 17 yr old.

Better than an outside chance. He's in.
He'd make a solid 20-35 pick, and should not go higher, but might.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Bluenote13 said:
Middle of the first round i think. Phoenix, Tampa, Nashville, or Montreal.

A month ago I would have agreed with you. As of now,however, he is a top ten pick. There is even an outside chance he will be chosen in the top five.

leafaholix*

VOB said:
A month ago I would have agreed with you. As of now,however, he is a top ten pick. There is even an outside chance he will be chosen in the top five.
A little high on Bolland, aren't we?

IMO, he's a safer pick then Schremp... but I'm 99% sure Schremp'll go ahead of him in the draft.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:
The kid had 1g and 3a this afternoon for London and now sits in the Top 15 in OHL scoring. He's ahead of Mr. Schremp in goals and points, but doesn't seem to be getting any recognition. Bolland has an outside chance at 50 this year as a 17 yr old.

Where will this guy go on draft day and will he move into the Top 10? I know Schremp is Top 5 talent, so Bolland should be somewhere in there!

Schremp's hurt isn't he? I thought he heard he had a problem with his groin.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:
A little high on Bolland, aren't we?

IMO, he's a safer pick then Schremp... but I'm 99% sure Schremp'll go ahead of him in the draft.

I don't want to turn this into a Schremp/Bolland debate, but seriously, how is Bolland that much of a safer bet? The only thing I can possibly think he has an advantage in is "work ethic" and Schremp's no floater.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I don't want to turn this into a Schremp/Bolland debate, but seriously, how is Bolland that much of a safer bet? The only thing I can possibly think he has an advantage in is "work ethic" and Schremp's no floater.

Bolland is excellent at both ends of the ice, isn't afraid to get dirty, (i.e. finish checks, take checks and play in high traffic areas) he can be used to kill penalties and clearly has NHL "wheels". Schremp has unbelievable hands, a great shot and a great offensive mind, but never finishes checks, his defensive game is lacking and he certainly isn't going to win many foot races. Bolland can really help a team win without putting any points on the board and I wouldn't say the same for Schremp at this point. Moving to London probably wasn't the best move for Schremp, the Knights don't rely on Schremp in every situation, the way a lesser team would rely on a potential franchise player like Schremp. That being said if his offensive abilities prove to be NHL worthy, he could be a great scorer for a lot of years, I compare his offensive game to Doug Weight's. Bolland may not have Schremp's upside, but I agree with Go pierre hedin that Schremp's downside is much worse than Bolland's.

Schremp's hurt isn't he? I thought he heard he had a problem with his groin.
Yep he has a groin problem, but apparantly it isn't that serious. Schremp sat out 3 games this weekend to rest it but will be ready on Thursday, for a big game against Guelph.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Boomhower said:
Bolland is excellent at both ends of the ice, isn't afraid to get dirty, (i.e. finish checks, take checks and play in high traffic areas) he can be used to kill penalties and clearly has NHL "wheels". Schremp has unbelievable hands, a great shot and a great offensive mind, but never finishes checks, his defensive game is lacking and he certainly isn't going to win many foot races. Bolland can really help a team win without putting any points on the board and I wouldn't say the same for Schremp at this point. Moving to London probably wasn't the best move for Schremp, the Knights don't rely on Schremp in every situation, the way a lesser team would rely on a potential franchise player like Schremp. That being said if his offensive abilities prove to be NHL worthy, he could be a great scorer for a lot of years, I compare his offensive game to Doug Weight's. Bolland may not have Schremp's upside, but I agree with Go pierre hedin that Schremp's downside is much worse than Bolland's.

Yep he has a groin problem, but apparantly it isn't that serious. Schremp sat out 3 games this weekend to rest it but will be ready on Thursday, for a big game against Guelph.

Thanks for the insights.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Boomhower said:

OK, now how was Bolland not on Canada's U18 squad at Junior World Cup in the Czech Rep. last summer?? He's looking like one of the better 86's right now in Canada, but somehow was not even invited to try-out. Anyways, he's looking pretty good right now. Any chance of him being at the U18 tourney in April for Canada?? Will London be in the playoffs or out by then?

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
Bolland

Whats is amazing about Bolland is that he has 33 goals and is a +13 playing on the 3rd line normally checking the oppositions top line.

Secondly he is in the top 3 in powerplay goals in the OHL with limited powerplay time.

There is no question that Dale Hunter has done an excellent job in developing this kid and has also made him a strong penalty killer.

As for Shremp & Bolland, they will both go high in the draft, should the Knights make the Memorial Cup then they could possibly both go in the top 5.

gohabsgo2010

Feb 28, 2003
sign Patrick Poulin
Bolland should be commended simply because he has to play with Rick Steadman. Bolland does everything that you could ask of a hockey player, and I'd rather have him over Schremp any day of the week. You know what you're going to be getting with Schremp, but you won't be getting it each and every game.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
HabLover said:
OK, now how was Bolland not on Canada's U18 squad at Junior World Cup in the Czech Rep. last summer?? He's looking like one of the better 86's right now in Canada, but somehow was not even invited to try-out. Anyways, he's looking pretty good right now. Any chance of him being at the U18 tourney in April for Canada??
That's nothing, Bolland wasn't even picked by team Ontario for the world under 17 tournament Last season. It raised some eyebrows, but because he didn't play that much during the first half of the season as 16 year old, I guess they honestly overlooked him.
Will London be in the playoffs or out by then?
It's sport and anything can happen, but London is supposed to make it to the Western conference finals, atleast. They are considered to be Mem cup contenders this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hey London fans, what's your opinon on Trevor Kell? And what about Dylan Hunter, he wasn't drafted last year was he? How's he been this year?

And for any OHL/67's fans, what's up with Mancari, I saw him play against the Bulls a week or so ago, and Locke was feeding him some nice passes, but he doesn't seem to get much attention around here. (or I have missed it) Any thoughts on him? Tsimikalis had a really good game but seemed a little soft (only from watching one game).

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
Hunter is a good supporting player and that is all he is. On a line where he is the best player he wouldn't produce much but he fills in fine on the wing of good players like Perry and the other Knight centers.

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
montreal said:
Hey London fans, what's your opinon on Trevor Kell? And what about Dylan Hunter, he wasn't drafted last year was he? How's he been this year?

And for any OHL/67's fans, what's up with Mancari, I saw him play against the Bulls a week or so ago, and Locke was feeding him some nice passes, but he doesn't seem to get much attention around here. (or I have missed it) Any thoughts on him? Tsimikalis had a really good game but seemed a little soft (only from watching one game).

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
montreal said:

Dylan Hunter is playing well this year, dropped 20lbs and works had but does have the advantage of playing on the top line with Sheppard & Perry.

Trevor Kell is getting better with every shift, should be a strong player for the Knights next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Scooter2 said:
Dylan Hunter is playing well this year, dropped 20lbs and works had but does have the advantage of playing on the top line with Sheppard & Perry.

Trevor Kell is getting better with every shift, should be a strong player for the Knights next year.

Thanks.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
montreal said:
Trevor Kell has been a pleasent surprise, It was unclear if he was even going to be a regular at the start of the season, but through injuries he has gotten a chance and made the most of it. He's a sparkplug type player, who hits everything and is quick to the puck. He hasn't scored much, but he isn't put in many situations that breed scoring chances. His tierII Jr.A coach from last year, moved up to coach Sault Ste. Marie this year and tried to aquire Kell's rights before the season. He is the kind of player that coaches really appreciate..... Wouldn't be a bad 8th or 9th round project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad