Bold predictions thread 18/19 edition

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Forgot to make other predictions, so I'll put them all in one place.
  • The Devils and Avs will both return to the playoffs.
  • The Blue Jackets will implode spectacularly and early. Panarin will be shipped off by the trade deadline. Tortorella will lose his job at the end of the year. With all that said, they'll still finish sixth in the Metro above the Rangers and Islanders.
  • The Ducks will fall off a cliff and finish seventh in the Pacific, only ahead of the Canucks.
  • The Golden Dawn... er, Knights will have regression from Karlsson and Fleury, and their defense will be legitimately bad. But given how weak the Pacific is as well as their two additions at center, they'll still make the playoffs. They'll finish second with a sizable gap between them and the Sharks.
  • Five teams will make the playoffs from the Central and the Wild won't be one of them.
  • The Blackhawks will be a bottom five team and will be rewarded for it with the first overall pick.
  • Jets over Maple Leafs in the Cup Finals.

Reactions: uncleben

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Thought this would be a fun thread.. here are mine

1. Leafs lose first 5 games and end Oct with a losing record
2. Senators Win/Loss record for Oct is 50% (This is bold because many have them winning far fewer :D)
3. Panthers will have the best record in October

So what are yours?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
marchand wins the scoring title but still wont get any main stream press as the best player in the game... oops I guess that wasn't a very bold prediction after all

lets put pastrnak as becoming a rival to Matthews/McKinnon/McDavid for best young player in the game by the time the season is over

Reactions: Bruhin

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
marchand wins the scoring title but still wont get any main stream press as the best player in the game... oops I guess that wasn't a very bold prediction after all

lets put pastrnak as becoming a rival to Matthews/McKinnon/McDavid for best young player in the game by the time the season is over

as the 1/3rd mark approaches... marchand has been rather pedestrian this year. im officially going to have to call an end to my campaign to promote him as a legit mvp. that said, he had an 18 month period of time there he deserved the praise

now all eyes turn to pastrnak. how good will this kid get? we feel in boston there must be something wrong with his wrist the past couple weeks. or is he missing Bergeron that much?

this might be one of the funnest rocket Richard races in recent memory though if he and laine can stay healthy. its too bad Matthews missed so many games and pedersson out of Vancouver too... love seeing these kids rip their shots off and just overpower goalies with such lightening quick releases

my new bold prediction for the remainder of the year... halak builds a case to get vezina voting by the time the year is finished. I don't see this being a flash in the pan for him. this bruin team plays amazing defense in front of its goalies and halak has a better mind set to benefit from it than rask ever did.

another bold prediction is boston WILL make a deal to bring in a new 5-6-7 mill dollar a year forward before playoffs roll around. this team is 1 impact forward away from being a legit cup contender and after going hard on Tavares and kovalchuk in preseason I think theres an appetite in the bruin front office to grab a big ticket player as soon as one becomes available

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Evander Kane will still suck. (I know his numbers are decent but I just mean he’s not going to be producting 40 goals 70-75 pts like some think.

I say there’s a chance he doesent even hit 30 or 65 which that’s not bad but on the Sharks top line you’d think you would do that.

I also think the Blues are going to be the disappointment team. Sounds crazy right? Well when Dallas added radulov methot bishop hanzal and Hitchcock everyone had them in the playoffs (because they looked soooo improved) some winning the division and look what happened.

Problem with this prediction for me is I like the blues, I think they can do well and I think Tarasenko will bounce back and I think they are definitely a playoff team.

I just think ROR May spread his NHL losing cancer. (Although ROR is way better and will produce better then Evander Kane)

Yes my posts have a theme. I’m also picking buffalo to kiss the playoffs miss by a fair bit so I’m not all the way biased. Lol

Well, definitely right on the account of St Louis disappointing to start the year. Though they seem to be rounding into a playoff position at this rate (the West as a whole looks terrible though, so that's not necessarily saying much).

ROR has been the Blues best player most nights, occasionally being outdone by goaltenders standing on their heads. 20G-35A-55P in 54 games looks damn good considering how bad the Blues were to start the season.

Evander Kane is 26G-23A-49P in 57 games. I think he's hard pressed not to break 30G at this point, though 70P could be out of reach. That's exactly what he's on pace for right now, but Kane is streaky as f***.

All in all, pretty accurate predictions looking back on them! Though, I really hope to see the Blues keep up this tear they've been on since January and make the playoffs, dispelling this ROR cancer talk. Seriously, he's been nothing short of exemplary for St Louis this year.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Some more from me:

ROR wins the Selke
Heiskanen wins the Calder
Jason Spezza hits 50 points
Tavares and Matthews both put up 40+ goals
Laine wins the Rocket
Hall drops to just 72 points and the Devils finish bottom 5 in the league
Tolvanen only gets 22 points in his rookie season
Oilers make the playoffs but get eliminated in the first round by L.A., who wins the Pacific
Kovalchuk puts up 77 points, including 36 goals
St. Louis wins the Central

Valeri Nichushkin has a 50+ point season

Oof I did really baddd. At least I was right about the Devils finishing as a bottom 5 team in the league. At least I assume they'll stay there. That was easy to predict tho

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Monahan is on a pace for 40.25 goals.
Lindholm is on a pace for 55.16 goals.

Pretty good picks.

you said 45+ A's for Lindy, not goals, can i still make this type of prediction, Flames vs Leafs in the finals, game 7 triple OT, Brodie with the game winner with 3 minutes and 41 seconds left

Reactions: Dialamo

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kovalchuk bombs. Both him and the Kings are looking for a way out of the situation by the end of the season.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad