Bold Predictions about the 2011 Draft

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
Bartschi will go top 10, Strome will fall out of the top 10, Connor Murphy will be taken in the 1st round, Siemens will fall to 15-20, Couturier will fall to the Jets, and Zibanejad is Ottawa's pick.

ItsTheBGB

Borusse!!
Aug 30, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Edmonton drafts the BPA, consensus number 1 player in the draft: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Everyone knows its him already, we're not taking Larsson or Huberdeau or Couturier.

His Beardliness*

RNH busts. Larsson gets in the hall of fame.

What? You said bold. :help:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
My bold predictions is that the 2011 draft will mirror the 2008 draft and 4 defenseman will be taken in row from pick 2 to pick 5.

My bold left field mock top 10:
1. EDM: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Consensus no 1
2. COL: Ryan Murphy - I think he is the dman with the most upside in the draft and I think people will learn from Cam Fowler mistake last year.
3. FLA: Dougie Hamilton - I have a funny feeling that Panthers are worried about Gudbranson wanting out and will draft a similar defenseman as a replacement.
4. NJ: Adam Larsson - No brainer for Devils
5. NYI: Jamieson Oleksiak - I think he rockets up into the top 5 due to his star performances at draft combine. Islanders could use a defensive dman.
6. OTT: Gabirel Landeskog - Perfect replacement down the track for Alfredsson
7. WPG: Sean Couturier - Favored over Huberdeau due to his size.
8. CBJ: Jonathan Huberdeau - Too good to pass up even though CBJ could use a defenseman
9. BOS: Mika Zibanejad - Big versatile forward. Suits Boston's needs.
10. MIN: Ryan Strome - Best offensive forward available. Also suits team needs.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
My bold predictions is that the 2011 draft will mirror the 2008 draft and 4 defenseman will be taken in row from pick 2 to pick 5.

2. COL: Ryan Murphy - I think he is the dman with the most upside in the draft and I think people will learn from Cam Fowler mistake last year.
3. FLA: Dougie Hamilton - I have a funny feeling that Panthers are worried about Gudbranson wanting out and will draft a similar defenseman as a replacement.
5. NYI: Jamieson Oleksiak - I think he rockets up into the top 5 due to his star performances at draft combine. Islanders could use a defensive dman.
8. CBJ: Jonathan Huberdeau - Too good to pass up even though CBJ could use a defenseman

Well, cannot complain, although center isn't our biggest need at the moment.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011

If Colorado picks Murphy I may cry. Why would we need another PMD over all thats on the board?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
1) The Bruins package the #40 pick with the #9 and move up to draft Sean Couturier.
2) Kale Kessey gets picked before #35
3) Ty Rattie turns out to be a sick player
4) Maxime Oulette isn't drafted until round 6 or 7
5) Rocco Grimaldi isn't drafted in the first round
and....
6) The forwards rise and the defensemen slip, as usual.

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
1) The Bruins package the #40 pick with the #9 and move up to draft Sean Couturier.
2) Kale Kessey gets picked before #35
3) Ty Rattie turns out to be a sick player
4) Maxime Oulette isn't drafted until round 6 or 7
5) Rocco Grimaldi isn't drafted in the first round
and....
6) The forwards rise and the defensemen slip, as usual.

I'd cry if that happened. Its as if the Boston knows the Caramilk secret when it comes to centers that a lot of other teams have yet to figure out.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I think there's a possibility some team takes a chance on Grimaldi in the top ten.

I'll go the other way and say there's a possibility he doesn't go in the first round. That'd be me being bold. I actually expect him to go no earlier than Edmonton's second pick at #19, with Ottawa's and Toronto's second 1st round picks more likely than anything else. I guess it may be hard for the Lightning to pass over him @ 27, though.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Zibanejad is taken 6th overall and ends up winning the Conn Smythe trophy 5 years from now, Larsson ends up a HOFer.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
My bold prediction is the Devils pull of a monster multi-player trade.

Or the Devils trade up for RNH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->