Bold Predictions about the 2011 Draft

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The draft will act like a 2nd trade deadline. Teams will be dumping players for picks, adding prospects and of course the usual swapping of picks. If we are lucky a blockbuster trade will come out of nowhere leaving the crowd cheering in amazement.

A rush of deals will come down the pipe within the last 20min or so before the first pick is called.

Watching GMs huddle and start signing papers will be the obsession of the TSN coverage leading into the draft and as the first few picks are called.

Also, a small but loud group of WPG fans will show up at the draft. Chants of go Jets go will be heard as WPG picks Couturier at #7

zeus3007*

Jamieson Oleksiak is this years McIlrath. Ryan Murphy is this years Cam Fowler.

Tyler Biggs falls out of the first round.

Rocco Grimaldi goes top 15.

KingJet*

I predict Burke trades Clarke MacArthur, the 25th overall pick, and Boston's 2012 2nd round pick for Colorado's 11th overall pick.

Then Kadri takes MacArthur's spot on Grabovski's wing.

Edit: Winnipeg trades their 7th and 67th overall picks this year, as well as their 2012 2nd round pick to the Islanders for their 5th overall pick, and draft Sean Couturier.

If Winnipeg had the 5th overall pick they're not taking Couturier, I see them personally taking either Strome, Larsson, Huberdeau or Landeskog, maybe Zibanejad. But I highly doubt we take Couturier.

KingJet*

Edmonton - Larsson
Colorado - Landeskog
Florida - RNH
NJD - Couturier
NYI - Beaulieu
Ottawa - Zibanejad
Winnipeg - Huberdeau
Columbus - Hamilton
Boston - Siemens
Minnesota - Strome

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Oleksiak gets taken in the top 10.

The Ottawa Senators try, and fail, to make a trade up from #6 in the draft, but successfully move up from #21 to somewhere in the teens.

Dougie Hamilton will go in the top 5 of the draft.

Winnipeg unveils their jersey for the draft.

Gary Bettman gets booed when he gets on stage.
That's a given.

Anyways, I have a feeling the Blues will take John Gibson with either of their 41st, 46th pick.

EDM - Nugent-Hopkins (Obvious reasons)
COL - Adam Larsson (BPA)
FLA - Jonathan Huburdeau (Tallon goes with memorial cup success story)
NJD - Gabriel Landeskog (Devils love this kid)
NYI - Dougie Hamilton (Will surprise people, smart pick)
OTT - Sean Cotourier (Will be between him, Mika and Strome, but when he drops, Ottawa takes BPA)
WPG - Mika Zibanejad
CBJ - Nathan Beaulieu (Safe pick)
BOS - Ryan Strome (Bruins need speed)
MIN - Jamieson Oleskiak (After drafted, Wild trade Brent Burns)
COL - Matt Puempel (Avs go off of the board)

Murphy will go 10-15 Siemens will follow up right behind Murphy.

Last edited:

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Couturier will end up being Fowler 2.0, falls down the ranking and ends up being better than 75% of the players picked ahead of him.

Well, I can't say that for sure about Fowler yet, but it's looking that way.

I second this.

A few more:

-Murphy ends up an elite OFD
-Huberdeau busts
-Couturier and Landeskog end up like Andrew Ladd: Don't set the world on fire offensively but just know how to win
-Puempel ends atop the class offensively

SensFan2010

May 26, 2010
Larsson falls out of top 5.

Colorado goes way off board with 11th.

Toronto trades up to top 15.

sina220*

Sven Baertschi ends up being the best value pick and one of the best players in this draft, being taken somewhere between 15-20.

Celtic Cross

Jan 29, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Winnipeg drafts John/Christopher Gibson at the 7th pick.

Duncan Siemens falls to 12 and Carolina takes him

Habs trade up to 5 with NYI packaging

Cammalleri and Yannick Weber for Matt Moulson, 5th overall

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Couturier will end up being Fowler 2.0, falls down the ranking and ends up being better than 75% of the players picked ahead of him.

This is my bold prediction too, Couturier falls in the draft and ends up looking like the best player.

JIsles

Jun 7, 2011
The Islanders trade #'s 5, 47, 64, or a different combination of picks which could include 34, to move up to 2 or 3 and draft Adam Larsson to be their cornerstone defenseman. Florida or Colorado may believe that their guy will be available at 5.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I love you :sarcasm:

The only guys better so far were Hall and Skinner. McIlrath though? I don't care how much better than expected Dylan is. 40 points in Cam's draft year? If I'm a Rangers fan I'm kicking myself right now.

My pick: Winnipeg moves up to first overall to make a historic first overall pick in their first year back.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Rocco Grimaldi goes 10th to Minnesota.

Avs take Zack Phillips at 12

Tyler Biggs goes to NYR at 15th.

Leafs trade up for Oscar Klefbom.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I predict Burke trades Clarke MacArthur, the 25th overall pick, and Boston's 2012 2nd round pick for Colorado's 11th overall pick.

Then Kadri takes MacArthur's spot on Grabovski's wing.

Edit: Winnipeg trades their 7th and 67th overall picks this year, as well as their 2012 2nd round pick to the Islanders for their 5th overall pick, and draft Sean Couturier.

No way Winnipeg gives up that much to move up two spots.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If Winnipeg had the 5th overall pick they're not taking Couturier, I see them personally taking either Strome, Larsson, Huberdeau or Landeskog, maybe Zibanejad. But I highly doubt we take Couturier.

Couturier would be a great player for Winnipeg. Why would you think we wouldn't take him?

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Couturier would be a great player for Winnipeg. Why would you think we wouldn't take him?

They will stick with Canadians and will continue with a Western Canadian flavour throughout the draft. Mark my words.

I see Mark McNeill on their radar for the first round.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Some team will draft Joe Morrow way too early because he was on such a stacked team, although he will still be a good player.

SJ trades out of the first round.

Myles Bell gets drafted in the second round.

Huberdeau does not live up to his draft spot.

Some team takes a chance on Puempel in the top 15.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
They will stick with Canadians and will continue with a Western Canadian flavour throughout the draft. Mark my words.

I see Mark McNeill on their radar for the first round.

I can't see Winnipeg taking McNeill with the 7th though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->