Bold Predictions about the 2011 Draft

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
Since we have speculated off our a** about this thing I say it's time to make some bold predictions for fun. Can be about players, trades, anything.

Here's mine:

Dougie Hamilton will turn out to be the best player from this draft.

Hay, you stole mine:) I really love Hamilton. He will be amazing I think.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Couturier will end up being Fowler 2.0, falls down the ranking and ends up being better than 75% of the players picked ahead of him.

Well, I can't say that for sure about Fowler yet, but it's looking that way.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Oleksiak gets taken in the top 10.

The Ottawa Senators try, and fail, to make a trade up from #6 in the draft, but successfully move up from #21 to somewhere in the teens.

Dougie Hamilton will go in the top 5 of the draft.

Winnipeg unveils their jersey for the draft.

Gary Bettman gets booed when he gets on stage.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
Toronto will trade their two 1st round picks to Montreal for Scott Gomez in an attempt to upgrade at center. Montreal will draft Jamie Oleksiak, Matt Puempel and Tyler Biggs with their three picks. :nod:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think there's a possibility some team takes a chance on Grimaldi in the top ten.

Last edited:

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
If the Rags get Richards rights before the draft, I predict Burkie will make a big trade for a legit number one centre, and will probably overpay for it.

Also, I think the Av's take Larsson 2nd and Murphy 11th. I don't know why, I have had 3 dreams in the last 4 weeks with that happening. You know you're hockey crazed when you dream about a realistic draft, with no big surprises and you dream entirely in typical TV draft coverage camera angles.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I predict Burke trades Clarke MacArthur, the 25th overall pick, and Boston's 2012 2nd round pick for Colorado's 11th overall pick.

Then Kadri takes MacArthur's spot on Grabovski's wing.

Edit: Winnipeg trades their 7th and 67th overall picks this year, as well as their 2012 2nd round pick to the Islanders for their 5th overall pick, and draft Sean Couturier.

Last edited:

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Couturier will end up being Fowler 2.0, falls down the ranking and ends up being better than 75% of the players picked ahead of him.

Well, I can't say that for sure about Fowler yet, but it's looking that way.

You stole mine. Good to think I'm not the only who thinks it could happen :handclap: Everyone is under the assumption that Murphy will be the Fowler faller but I think for that reason some team either takes where he should (by Columbus or Boston) or he even gets taken a little higher.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
I did this little piece about four days ago or so, nothing really REALLY shocking, but it's always fun to float ideas out there and then claim genius afterwards.

Rocco Grimaldi will be a top-10 pick.

Though he’s got top-5 talent, the five-foot-six Grimaldi is short on stature. What the NHL draft combine may have shown is that the Auburn Hills, MI. native isn’t short on strength. While his 6.8 per cent body fat will impress (in fact, it tied Scott Tesink for first) against an average of 9.0, Grimaldi finished top-five with 39 push-ups, push strength in pounds per body weight, in the vertical jump with no pause and top-10 in average jump height.

Not too bad for a player who weighs in at 163-pounds.

More (not so?) 'off the wall' predictions: http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wordpress.com/2011/06/06/surprises-in-st-paul/

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
Scott Mayfield gets taken higher than most think, and Jamie Oleksiak lower.

Also definitely agree that there will be surprises in the top ten.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Oleksiak gets taken in the top 10.

The Ottawa Senators try, and fail, to make a trade up from #6 in the draft, but successfully move up from #21 to somewhere in the teens.

Dougie Hamilton will go in the top 5 of the draft.

Winnipeg unveils their jersey for the draft.

I thought the tread was for bold predictions, not sure things :laugh:

KuliTank7

May 8, 2011
South Florida

FLA trades EGB + smth. for Carter -> so FLA draft Larsson

RNH will end up as a bust or a half portion of Gagner.

FLA presents new red jerseys.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
CLBS trades the #8 + more picks = in a deal to PHI for JEFF CARTER (so PHI can get cap space to sign Bryzgalov)...

1. EDM-RNH
2. COL-LANDESKOG
3. FLA- HUBERDEAU
4.NJ-LARSSON
5.NYI-HAMILTON
6.OTT-STROME
7. WPG-ZIBANEJAD
8. PHI-COUTURIER
9. BOS-MURPHY or BEAULIEU

10.MINN?

Ad

Upcoming events