Who would you choose first?

• Dominik Bokk

• Jonatan Berggren

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bokk. I think he has more skill, and he also has better size. Both are very good, and should be first rounders, in my opinion.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Berggren. I like his skating stride better and he's relentless on the puck in all three zones. He has a way of making things happen rather than waiting for them. Reminds me a little of Jesper Bratt.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Bokk has a higher ceiling but I personally like Berggren a lot more. I tink it comes down to if you want to take a bigger risk to get a bigger reward (Bokk) or if you want to be a bit more safe with your pick (Berggren).

I wouldn't be too surprised if Bokk was a bust, it wouldn't be the first time an extremely skilled forward with questionable workrate had a hard time making it in the NHL.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I have Berggren 1 slot higher on my list so they're very close for me. Both should go in the first 10 picks of the 2nd day IMO

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Bokk has a higher ceiling but I personally like Berggren a lot more. I tink it comes down to if you want to take a bigger risk to get a bigger reward (Bokk) or if you want to be a bit more safe with your pick (Berggren).

I wouldn't be too surprised if Bokk was a bust, it wouldn't be the first time an extremely skilled forward with questionable workrate had a hard time making it in the NHL.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

pylero

gone abs gone
Jan 4, 2014
Montreal
Little bump to ask this: skating wise, how do the two players compare?

From what I've read, they have a similar skillset, as in both are excellent puckhandlers with a strong release. Could skating be the determining factor for a team to pick one before the other?

Berggren is also a whole 6 months younger than Bokk, guess that could play in their respective D+1 seasons...

All in all, two very interesting prospects and would love to hear more about the two of them!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Berggren can switch gear and accelerate in a way Bokk can't. Bokk is a fine skater but Berggren has a clear edge there.

Reactions: pylero

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I love both but Bokk gets the edge because of his shot and his play in SHL (only reason he sits at only 2 Points is that he's got a 1.45% on ice SH% 5v5)

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Gonna have to go with Barry. He's brilliant, fantastically skilled, fast, and a tireless worker.

In one-on-one ability Bokk has him beat all day, though. Bokk really has a special talent for it. Both are first rounders for me.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I love both but Bokk gets the edge because of his shot and his play in SHL (only reason he sits at only 2 Points is that he's got a 1.45% on ice SH% 5v5)

I was going to ask you about that. I thought I read ''SH%'' originally and thought to myself ''there's no way Bokk had anywhere near 100 shots on net this year.'' But where are you getting his on-ice shooting percentage from?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I was going to ask you about that. I thought I read ''SH%'' originally and thought to myself ''there's no way Bokk had anywhere near 100 shots on net this year.'' But where are you getting his on-ice shooting percentage from?

A friend (scout in SHL) hooked me up with some underlying numbers from the SHL. Bokk also has very strong shot metrics, especially his shot generation (both individual and impact on team).

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
A friend (scout in SHL) hooked me up with some underlying numbers from the SHL. Bokk also has very strong shot metrics, especially his shot generation (both individual and impact on team).

Are his shot numbers good in relative terms to the rest of Växjö ?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Berggren. I think in a few years he will go easy breasy top 10 in a redraft. We will see with Bokk if he was just padding stats next to Pettersson or not

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Berggren.

The only thing Bokk has over Berggren is his shot. Berg dominates in every other area of the game.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's funny because in my FHL draft I planned to take Berggren with my late 1st. Then he was picked 1 pick in front of me. :ha: But Bokk was still on the board and I took Bokk. So I had Berggren slightly ahead (based on nothing but what I read - totally just armchair scouting) but now I am pulling for Bokk!!! :)

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Bokk for me and I am very high on Berggren. Both fantastic prospects. Both St. Louis and Detroit made great picks. For the record, in my fantasy hockey league I chose Berggren over Kaut and Kupari but Bokk was long gone.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I had Bokk very slightly ahead of Berggren at the time of the draft. I like his puck control and that he's got a better sized frame. I still really, really like Berggren though. Better skater but you just never know when a players' sub-6 foot stature will hinder them in the NHL and for that reason I had Bokk with the edge. Hopefully both are effective NHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad