Waived: Bogosian on Unconditional Waivers - Leafs, Pens, Canes & Jets interested if he clears.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I sure hope that dubas gives him a shot, for free cant go wrong, and sure hope the habs don't take him before the leafs have a shot at him....
You'll be disappointed. He's not the same player since the 2 hip surgeries. Injuries have really affected his game play. He could be a serviceable 5/6 guy, but come playoff time, you won't want him on the ice.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
You'll be disappointed. He's not the same player since the 2 hip surgeries. Injuries have really affected his game play. He could be a serviceable 5/6 guy, but come playoff time, you won't want him on the ice.
for free why not give him a try what can you lose money no big deal for the leafs…...

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So much for Bogosian is washed and no one wants him.

Im counting 6 teams being interested in him so far. Clearly they think he can be a good cheap depth option
This just in: contracts matter in a cap world.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
think about dude, don't the habs first shot at him since they are lower in the standings, unless he gets to pick where he goes now..

He already cleared waivers bro lol. He can sign with any team now.

Besides, I really dont think the Habs would be interested in him

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
To Sabres fans, what actually happened to Bogosian this year? I went to look at his analytics and I expected to see something horrid, but in the 3 years before this year, he was at least a netural analytically. He's not this analytical trainwreck like JJ or Gudbranson were, he actually seemed like a solid depth D in the past. Has his play this year just fallen off a cliff? His analytics are way worse this year, but it's also on a small sample size.

From 2016-2019, he had about a +3% xGF% rel, which is fairly solid overall and more impressive when you consider he was playing 21 minutes a night. The analytics I saw from those 3 years don't really match my expectation for him being a trainwreck of a player.

He had (another) hip surgery in the offseason. It seems to have really affected his mobility.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
You either don't know your geography, or you... don't know geography. Massena is in the northeastern part of New York STATE. Yeah, close to Ottawa. And I think he was born the year they came (back) into existence.

Heck, I'm from NY and I didn't know how close Massena, NY was to Ottawa and Montreal.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Would be interesting to bring him back to Winnipeg although there are probably better options (see DeMelo).

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Didn't think Winnipeg would want him back after what had happened...

But I think Boston is the best fit, plus they could sign him for cheap.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
He was the #8 or 9 guy on buffalo. So if there is a bottom 5 defence core, maybe he could slot in as a really bad bottom pairing player.

Based on this criteria, the leafs actually make some sense. Honestly, I can’t fathom how a GM like dubas has managed to put together a defence where Zach Freaking Bogosian could be needed to step in and contribute. Yikes

Reactions: VaporTrail

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
He's more skilled than the average 7th D-man but unlike most he doesn't know his own limitations. He wants to play big, lay big hits, make important plays, be a tough defender.

But he never had hockey IQ and now his body is failing him too. He can't compensate for his mistakes anymore which makes him a liability. He creates turnovers, makes terrible decisions with the puck, gets out of position, clears the crease with force but doesn't tie up sticks etc...

Maybe if some coach can get him to simplify his game and get good at the basics he can still perform at the NHL level. Since there's minimal risk with some upside I don't blame any team for trying, he's only 29 after all.

Gotta give Bogosian some credit though, risking a lot of money because you believe in yourself is a pretty good quality.

Reactions: teddygmr

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Bogo actually makes some sense for Carolina now, unfortunately, with Pesce out long-term. Yes, he's no analytics dream, but he costs no picks and there would be no expectation for him to perform at some elite level, just that he can fill in short-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad