Waived: Bogosian on Unconditional Waivers - Leafs, Pens, Canes & Jets interested if he clears.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
i think you will be disappointed. You all keep saying he can’t be worse but idk! I’d love for him to play some playoff games though

I dount he gets in playoff games because Reilly is scheduled to come back before the playoffs.

Its essentially finding a stop gap until then. Leafs badly need some nastiness on the back-end. Marincin is softer than Aunti Anne's butt cheeks

Reactions: Dirty Dog

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
I dount he gets in playoff games because Reilly is scheduled to come back before the playoffs.

Its essentially finding a stop gap until then. Leafs badly need some nastiness on the back-end. Marincin is softer than Aunti Anne's butt cheeks
I am gonna ask the question that everybody has right now ..

How do you know how soft Auntie Anne's butt cheeks are ??

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know people on here are going to make fun of whatever team signs Bogosian, but I feel like those people are going to be ignoring the real positive of signing Bogosian: free depth is better than trading assets for depth. I don't know much about the other team's defense situation, but at least with Pittsburgh, he's not playing when the team is healthy. It's better to sign a guy for league minimum to have as an extra D over trading a 3rd or 4th for an equivalent D, because that's what Bogosian caliber rental D tend to cost at the deadline. Is the asset saved substantial? No, but it's an asset you can use elsewhere to improve your roster.

It's the same argument for signing Kovalchuk when he had his contract terminated. If Kovalchuk was a rental on LA, he would have cost something to acquire. Even with his flaws, signing him would save you assets that you'd use down the line to acquire another depth forward. That's exactly what the Penguins are going to do, they're going to trade like a 4th for Sheary when they could have had Kovalchuk for free.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
if he's going to sign a tiny cap show-me deal, I could see the Oilers showing some interest. We have Klefbom and Russell out and would prefer not to rush them back.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I hate to ask but...how's his skating?

He’s ok skating forward in a straight line. But if you ask him to skate backwards, or pivot from skating backward to forward (or vise versa), it’s not so pretty. The double hip surgeries have definitely taken their toll.

He was constantly getting walked by forwards, so he started clutching and grabbing and slashing a lot.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To Sabres fans, what actually happened to Bogosian this year? I went to look at his analytics and I expected to see something horrid, but in the 3 years before this year, he was at least a netural analytically. He's not this analytical trainwreck like JJ or Gudbranson were, he actually seemed like a solid depth D in the past. Has his play this year just fallen off a cliff? His analytics are way worse this year, but it's also on a small sample size.

From 2016-2019, he had about a +3% xGF% rel, which is fairly solid overall and more impressive when you consider he was playing 21 minutes a night. The analytics I saw from those 3 years don't really match my expectation for him being a trainwreck of a player.

Reactions: teddygmr

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
To Sabres fans, what actually happened to Bogosian this year? I went to look at his analytics and I expected to see something horrid, but in the 3 years before this year, he was at least a netural analytically. He's not this analytical trainwreck like JJ or Gudbranson were, he actually seemed like a solid depth D in the past. Has his play this year just fallen off a cliff? His analytics are way worse this year, but it's also on a small sample size.

From 2016-2019, he had about a +3% xGF% rel, which is fairly solid overall and more impressive when you consider he was playing 21 minutes a night. The analytics I saw from those 3 years don't really match my expectation for him being a trainwreck of a player.

Injuries happened

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Injuries have taken a toll on him. Think of this the last time he played more than 70 games was 2010-11 and has only played more than 70 twice in his career. In his 12 year career he has played only 636 games just 64% of the games he could have played. Now to the impact it has had on him. Now he is markedly slower putting him out of position far too often having never lived up to the 3rd overall pick he has been a negative in +- most every year and is currently -87 for his career. He is pretty much a 7th D now for any contending team and that would be the topside. It was painful to even watch him this season in Buffalo and even worse he still thinks he is a positive asset and asked to be traded. The guy still has heart IMO but that's just not enough to overcome the drop in his game from 12 years of injuries. Hes only 30 but plays like he is 38. Any team that gives him a last chance better have pretty low expectations and not overpay. And fully expect he will be injured again especially if exposed to playoff hockey something he has little experience with.

Reactions: Jazzmonk

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
giphy.gif

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
So much for Bogosian is washed and no one wants him.

Im counting 6 teams being interested in him so far. Clearly they think he can be a good cheap depth option

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad