Injury Report: Bogosian injury update [update May 17: cleared]

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Doubtful. He was expected to miss at least 4 weeks as of April 23rd.
So he could be back in game 3 or 4, considering I've heard a few times that there will be a one week break between the end of the season and the start of the playoffs.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Reactions: egd27

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
This is the latest I've seen on the issue:

North Division playoffs could start same day season ends, Daly says

It looks like they want to get all the Vancouver-Calgary games (May 16, 18, 19) in before starting the playoffs, but possibly just hours before. That is, they may play the Vancouver-Calgary game in the afternoon on the 19th and start the North Division playoffs that evening.
Makes sense, now that the Flames/Nucks are officially eliminated there's no need to worry about accommodating them for playoff scheduling.

So North Division playoffs will either start next Wednesday or Thursday.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Makes sense, now that the Flames/Nucks are officially eliminated there's no need to worry about accommodating them for playoff scheduling.

So North Division playoffs will either start next Wednesday or Thursday.

I think if Sportsnet gets a say, they may want both Canadian series to start Wednesday. Leafs at 7 pm, Oilers at 10. It makes for a big kickoff for the Canadian playoffs.

My guess is that you may see the US playoff series spread out a little more in Round 1 while the North playoff series may each feature at least 1 back-to-back to help even things out.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This is a big deal as far as I am concerned. Leafs are going to need as many physical experienced D Men as they can find. I hope Leafs lock down the first few games and buy some more time. If Bogosian can go in he back end of the back-to-backs, that would be ideal IMO. All of the new additions will raise their game in the playoffs.

According to Chris Johnson in this article today:

Lineup decisions come into focus as Maple Leafs prepare for playoffs

Zach Bogosian intends to play against the Canadiens in Round 1. Sunday was his first practice with the team since suffering a shoulder injury on April 20 -- a positive step even though the veteran defenceman wore a no-contact red sweater. Bogosian was basically a full participant in drills and took his usual penalty killing reps during special teams work. Said Keefe: “He’ll just continue to progress, but I certainly think he’ll be an option in the series.”

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
This is huge for the leafs. They need the experience, grit and size. I think Dermott is the odd man out unfortunately

Reactions: Petrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad