Injury Report: Bogosian injury update [update May 17: cleared]

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Wishing Bogo a complete and speedy recovery.

I'd guess that this is the time we learn whether the Leafs have and confidence in Liljegren, or not.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Marincin hearing Bogosian will be out 4 weeks...

20210423_224010.jpg

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Ugh this is brutal. Was extremely looking forward to Playoff Bogosian.

Praying he can be ready for game 1 for us.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Marincin hearing Bogosian will be out 4 weeks...

View attachment 425665

In the last 5 years for the Leafs, Marinčin is #1 for rate of blocked shots. Among defensemen: 2nd in the rate of takeaways. He manages .33 points/60 less than Morgan Rielly while 5-on-5. He out-hits Bogosain. Martin Marinčin is a solid defensemen without the puck in his own end. Let's give credit where credit is due. There's a reason he's still with the team. That being said, he's not very good with the puck... at all. He's often separated the puck from the opposition who's now on top of him and his forwards are cherry-picking. If Marincin is playing, forwards must help make it an easy outlet for him. Think Keefe has the players doing a much better job in that regard than in the past. He does have a decent enough shot, but unless he's on a one-on-two against the Canucks, don't expect any offense which makes you forget about any mistakes made like other Leaf defensemen get afforded. If we look at the last 5 years, there's not one active player who's played for the Leafs in the playoffs and managed a better plus/minus. He reminds me of a old hockey game where you had so many points per player and could slide the attributes around. Someone slide size and defense almost all the way to the right and left out any offense.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
He has had a really good season so far. I hope someone can play that physical crease clearing game on D until he comes back. Getting Hyman, Bogosian, and probably Nash back during the playoffs will be a big boost. We will need those guys if we want to go far.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
In the last 5 years for the Leafs, Marinčin is #1 for rate of blocked shots. Among defensemen: 2nd in the rate of takeaways. He manages .33 points/60 less than Morgan Rielly while 5-on-5. He out-hits Bogosain. Martin Marinčin is a solid defensemen without the puck in his own end. Let's give credit where credit is due. There's a reason he's still with the team. That being said, he's not very good with the puck... at all. He's often separated the puck from the opposition who's now on top of him and his forwards are cherry-picking. If Marincin is playing, forwards must help make it an easy outlet for him. Think Keefe has the players doing a much better job in that regard than in the past. He does have a decent enough shot, but unless he's on a one-on-two against the Canucks, don't expect any offense which makes you forget about any mistakes made like other Leaf defensemen get afforded. If we look at the last 5 years, there's not one active player who's played for the Leafs in the playoffs and managed a better plus/minus. He reminds me of a old hockey game where you had so many points per player and could slide the attributes around. Someone slide size and defense almost all the way to the right and left out any offense.

Sorry Marty. I didn't mean anything by it. Just goofing around.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Sorry Marty. I didn't mean anything by it. Just goofing around.
I would like nothing more for Marincin to score a Stanley Cup winning goal...imagine. But the thing about Marincin, he has these underlying decent numbers, but he’s always around for series ending goals or momentum changing goals. Sometimes it’s the goalie, or a bad change by his defence partner, but bad luck Marty is always there when the pain hits. Don’t want his bad luck,

Reactions: Havoc

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I would like nothing more for Marincin to score a Stanley Cup winning goal...imagine. But the thing about Marincin, he has these underlying decent numbers, but he’s always around for series ending goals or momentum changing goals. Sometimes it’s the goalie, or a bad change by his defence partner, but bad luck Marty is always there when the pain hits. Don’t want his bad luck,
Think in many cases, you make your luck. Someone like Sylvain Lefebvre is a valuable commodity with a Pat Burns lead team than perhaps another coach. The Leafs have focused their defense around guys like Kaberle, Gardiner, Rielly, Barrie, etc... and maybe that's fine but when the team expects that same level of puck-handling from Polak, Hainsey, Marincin... maybe it's just the
team not being realistic. I'm not saying the guy even deserves a spot in the top-6, but just like I'd be aware of McDavid being on the ice for the opposition, I'd also be aware when Marincin on and perhaps adjust accordingly.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Wish him a speedy and complete recovery. He has done everything asked and expected of him and then some. Fortunately we have a bit of depth with Sandin, Liljegren, Hutton. But still, going to miss Bogo.

Should bring him back next year.

Reactions: Havoc

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Probably him and Hyman go on to make room for Andersen coming back?
There are Two waiver exempt on in the lineup too and a 25 man roster currently. I cant see how they can get enough space. The Marlies have lots of games coming up. Maybe he should go there for one or two.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
If they can get Freddie and Nash in before the playoffs for a couple games then Dubas/Pridham should be in Tokyo summer games - (cap) gymnastics gold medal!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->