Injury Report: Bogosian injury update [update May 17: cleared]

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Lilly over Sandin you must be kidding
Sandin finna play our powerplay during these games gezames. I think he should definitely be playing on the first unit...... rielly is not for that, but for other thangs. Y'all already know.

And then, we will win-a-lot records again. For certainly sire.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Well I'm hopeful Bogo comes back before the playoffs.

Hutton mentioned he can’t wait to get back to a crazy Canadian market, looks like timing got here sooner than expected.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he did a face plant into the boards. Maybe a concussion or broken nose. Hopefully it isn't too serious.
Yeah it looked like he was bleeding from his mouth and maybe his nose too, definitely agree it's nothing broken but face planting into the end boards at that speed must've concussed him to some degree, just hoping it's more precautionary at this point and he'll be back before the playoffs

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Lilly over Sandin you must be kidding

There is nothing crazy about it.

I don't watch the Marlies so I've only seen them play at the NHL level, seen some short clips & read a little on them from stuff like The Athletic articles. Sandin looked really great last night, has Liljegren really been that good in the AHL?

From what I've read about him he seems to have had a bit of an issue with confidence at times (I think he's even admitted that himself), especially when making adjustments like an AHL to NHL transition.

Reactions: aingefan

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I'm pretty sure he did a face plant into the boards. Maybe a concussion or broken nose. Hopefully it isn't too serious.

Yeah it looked like he was bleeding from his mouth and maybe his nose too, definitely agree it's nothing broken but face planting into the end boards at that speed must've concussed him to some degree, just hoping it's more precautionary at this point and he'll be back before the playoffs
Concussions timelines are so hard to gauge; at least he got up pretty quick & wasn't stumbling around.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't watch the Marlies so I've only seen them play at the NHL level, seen some short clips & read a little on them from stuff like The Athletic articles. Sandin looked really great last night, has Liljegren really been that good in the AHL?

From what I've read about him he seems to have had a bit of an issue with confidence at times (I think he's even admitted that himself), especially when making adjustments like an AHL to NHL transition.
Lilly's been an elite AHL d man for close to 2 years now. Some Marlies people even believe Lilly has been better then Sandin in the AHL. I don't think it's crazy to suggest they are on the same trajectory as prospects. It's awesome if they are.

I agree with you in the confidence part. Keefe even said Lilly takes time to adjust to every level.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Both Zachs went down and bounced up to remind everyone they are not staying down unless it's necessary.

Hopefully Leaf players see this and act the same when battling in the playoffs.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Good news... I was thinking at least a month.

This is the time of year where an injury that may take you out for a month or two turns into 2 weeks etc.

In saying that I hope everyone is truly healthy but usually come playoffs guys play with all sorts of issues.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Lilly's been an elite AHL d man for close to 2 years now. Some Marlies people even believe Lilly has been better then Sandin in the AHL. I don't think it's crazy to suggest they are on the same trajectory as prospects. It's awesome if they are.

I agree with you in the confidence part. Keefe even said Lilly takes time to adjust to every level.
I'm one of those people who thinks he is noticeably better at the AHL level. Similar offensive impact while being a better shutdown guy. The answer to "fix his confidence in transitioning to the NHL" should not be to never play him in the first place.

Reactions: freshwind

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Everything sucks.

images

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That sucks. Hopefully he will be ready by the time the first round actually gets underway.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Good thing they have Dermott, Sandin, and picked up Hutton. Plus give Lilly a game finally... let's go.

He'll be back hopefully sometime 1st round. Not great news but not the worst either. Plus if he can't come back in the 1st round and Leafs are rolling maybe save him for the 2nd round :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->