Pre-Game Talk: Boeser Back @ Buf : Oct 19, 2021

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Petan should draw in with Miller-Podkolzin if they’re going for a scoring line.

Absolutely zero idea how to get the most out of players and create roles.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I give that 3rd line two games max before Green breaks it up.

Bigger question is what version of Boeser will we be getting after a such long layoff.

Boeser with a depressed first step is not an effective player... You just are hoping for flash offense with nothing much in between.

I think the coaches are expecting something like that, hence going with a little more consistent energy player in Hoglander to start over jumping straight back to Miller/Lotto line.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Stoked to get our top scorer from last season back and i like that Miller is going to C to get him moving his feet. Just hope he can be effective enough (not making stupid turnovers and getting caught cheating) that we dont have to abandon the balanced attack 5v5 after a couple periods or so.

He did a good job getting Virtanen going enough to be in the top6 for stretches in his first year. I bet Podkolzin will be a better pupil but admittingly he is still very young and a work in progress

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
hughes missing practice means no progress on the pp. i would not expect him to need rest this early, but he has been playing lots of minutes for a guy that looks gassed all the time.

glad to see chiasson subbed out instead of dropped down. confirms that dowling is the placeholder for motte, which means the bottom six line without dowling in practice is the one he is working on.

so i think that miller/dowling/pods line is surely a first period mirage. miller is going to see way more es ice time than pods, and so will dickinson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad