Body Beast

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I'm looking to start a new program and have had pretty good results with P90X, the same company offers a program called Body Beast and it looks like something I'd like to try.

Has anyone actually gone through the full 90 days of Body Beast and what do you think of the program?

The diet is particularly interesting to me.

What I think I'm going to do is 90 days of Body Beast and 90 days of P90X, and then rotate those 2 every 90 days.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just read about it..looks pretty good, I'm looking to bulk up a bit during the winter and this programs focuses on that, not doing tons of cardio like the other Beach Body products do. I might give this a try soon.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Just read about it..looks pretty good, I'm looking to bulk up a bit during the winter and this programs focuses on that, not doing tons of cardio like the other Beach Body products do. I might give this a try soon.

From what I can gather is its concepts are not revolutionary, if you've been working out for a long time, you already know about the super sets concept and how to eat.

I think for me what attracts me is it organizes that concept into a dummy proof process : do this, then this, then this, eat this, then this, then this.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
From what I can gather is its concepts are not revolutionary, if you've been working out for a long time, you already know about the super sets concept and how to eat.

I think for me what attracts me is it organizes that concept into a dummy proof process : do this, then this, then this, eat this, then this, then this.

Exactly, and I could always use some "idiot proof" guidance, especially when it comes to the diet :laugh:

I'll probably start this up after the holidays.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Exactly, and I could always use some "idiot proof" guidance, especially when it comes to the diet :laugh:

I'll probably start this up after the holidays.

Same for me, I'm going to start my 90 day cycle of Body Beast Jan 1 and then take a week rest then start my 90 day cycle of P90X by the end of the year I hope to ahve done both Body beast and P90X two cycles each.

BTW for anyone interested in P90X, I can attest that I was in better shape after 90 days of P90X at 43 years old, than I was at 21 years old. Great program.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I just ordered it. I "should" get it next Thursday or Fri..if I do i'm going to start it on Jan 1st too.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Same for me, I'm going to start my 90 day cycle of Body Beast Jan 1 and then take a week rest then start my 90 day cycle of P90X by the end of the year I hope to ahve done both Body beast and P90X two cycles each.

BTW for anyone interested in P90X, I can attest that I was in better shape after 90 days of P90X at 43 years old, than I was at 21 years old. Great program.

P90x is no joke

I've done the 3 months before I got into the gym and it was good

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I just ordered it. I "should" get it next Thursday or Fri..if I do i'm going to start it on Jan 1st too.

Make sure you keep us updated with your progress and your opinion of Body Beast once you have a few weeks to do the program.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I definitely will.

Just got it in the mail today, came really fast. Week from tomorrow I start!

Santa didn't bring me my Body Beast, I will have to order it myself. Did you get the option to stream it from your PC? The infomercial mentioned that you could, which would be very helpful for me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Santa didn't bring me my Body Beast, I will have to order it myself. Did you get the option to stream it from your PC? The infomercial mentioned that you could, which would be very helpful for me.

It's beachbody right? Beachbody on demand might have it. I used their trial before. It's okay. Buffers a little too much, but might have been my older laptop.

I just buy the DVDs to use in my gym in the basement.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Yea when I ordered it online it said I could also stream it online FREE...BUT, i had no idea where to go for that. I went on Beach Body on demand and it makes you sign up for the "free trial" and after 30 days it charges your card...well that's not free. I'll spoke briefly online with a rep and he didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I'll make sure by the time that 30 days is up that i'm not being charged(and can still watch it online).

I need to watch it online since i'll be in my little home gym, no TV in there but i was going to bring my Ipad.

New start date for me will be this Friday the 30th. Taking my week off now so i'll be ready to dive right into this.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It's beachbody right? Beachbody on demand might have it. I used their trial before. It's okay. Buffers a little too much, but might have been my older laptop.

I just buy the DVDs to use in my gym in the basement.

Yep it is beach body, cool thanks , I think I will order it today,

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Yea when I ordered it online it said I could also stream it online FREE...BUT, i had no idea where to go for that. I went on Beach Body on demand and it makes you sign up for the "free trial" and after 30 days it charges your card...well that's not free. I'll spoke briefly online with a rep and he didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I'll make sure by the time that 30 days is up that i'm not being charged(and can still watch it online).

I need to watch it online since i'll be in my little home gym, no TV in there but i was going to bring my Ipad.

New start date for me will be this Friday the 30th. Taking my week off now so i'll be ready to dive right into this.

I despise when companies try to trick you into paying for a product, it makes me think twice about purchasing their product in the first place.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
If you own the program legit you should have access to it on the site. Making you pay twice is ****ed up and bad business. Granted they're not making you pay, but you now what I mean.

Truthfully I expected more from BB.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Keep us posted on your results and reactions to each workout. I always love hearing reviews to see if I may want to buy it just to simply hybrid it.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Keep us posted on your results and reactions to each workout. I always love hearing reviews to see if I may want to buy it just to simply hybrid it.

Yup will do, I ordered it yesterday and should have it by Jan 3rd.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Absolutely. Going all out with this one, diet and all so hoping to see some great results.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I did this a few years ago. It's a bit repetitive but it really got me more interested in working out. Also by the end of the videos you'll have every line of the workouts memorized from the background guys and main guy and you'll still laugh at their jokes because they are just so good.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I did this a few years ago. It's a bit repetitive but it really got me more interested in working out. Also by the end of the videos you'll have every line of the workouts memorized from the background guys and main guy and you'll still laugh at their jokes because they are just so good.

Did you see decent results?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Yes, definitely. I don't really think it's the type of program you can do more than once and keep improving but I'd still recommend it.

Great. I wouldn't do it more than once anyway, 3 months is long and I wouldn't have the attention span to do it twice.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just started today!

Completed the 50 minute Chest/Tri workout...needless to say, I can barely even move my arms(and they are still shaking a bit haha)! It was a tough workout that really pushes you. Lots of supersets with not much break.

I have no idea how i'm suppose to do the shoulder workout tomorrow considering i'm sure my arms are going to sore as hell tomorrow :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->