bodnarchuk

HolyShot*

Can he do top 4 duty? Could packaging up voynov with a few other pieces get us a top 6 lw? He's leading manch in points right now. Just asking. Flame now.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Bottom paring Defender...Period.

Trading Slava would be stupid. There is not a single Defender in Manchester or on the Kings roster; that can replace his minutes or talent.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
There's no need to go after anyone until we have exhausted the players we have in our system.

Having said that, I do like Bodnarchuk. He's a solid player and a gritty player. He just lacks size unfortunately.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Id honestly consider moving greene up to take reghers spot and have bodnarchuk play on the last pairing with muzzin /martinez set the defense something like this
Doughty Mitchell
Slava Greene
muzzin /martinez ( perfer martinez) bodnarchuk

This would be a more physical defense imo

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
Voynov is going nowhere. Get that notion out of your head. He literally JUST signed a long term extension with us at a nice cap hit. He is a core player at this point. Anyway I don't see why we should trade for a LW when we have Pearson waiting to be given a shot in the NHL.

We've seen Greene in top 4 and it's not pretty.

Worse than Regehr on the top pairing?

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Voynov is going nowhere. Get that notion out of your head. He literally JUST signed a long term extension with us at a nice cap hit. He is a core player at this point. Anyway I don't see why we should trade for a LW when we have Pearson waiting to be given a shot in the NHL.

Worse than Regehr on the top pairing?

Wouldn't be much different. I just remember him going to the box a lot more playing top 4 which is usually because he's getting beat. I dunno, he's just a perfect bottom pairing guy.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
My favorite part was how we need to add "a few" other pieces to Voynov get a top 6 lw. My second favorite part was the question mark afterwards, as if to imply there's any doubt that package would get a top 6 lw. OP is a funny one.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
So...you're suggesting we open a hole in a much more important area to this team to fill another? Seems about on par for this board.

Voynov isn't going anywhere. Jesus.

As for Bods, I like his game a lot. As a 3rd pair guy. Nothing more. Period. But he has absolutely no trade value.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
My favorite part was how we need to add "a few" other pieces to Voynov get a top 6 lw. My second favorite part was the question mark afterwards, as if to imply there's any doubt that package would get a top 6 lw. OP is a funny one.

It's like Sam McMaster and Nick Beverly all over again!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
In all seriousness, I hope we can consider Bodnarchuk as the 7th D-man next year. He seems like a perfect fit. He can do a little bit of any role, he's just not talented/big enough to be a main cog in our line up right now. He's comparible to Drewiske and Harrold at the least.

his trade value is about equal to a 6th though, and only to a team in desperate need of bodies, because they'd go through all of their internal options first before reaching out to try a depth D-man with a handful of NHL games from two years ago.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I like Bodnarchuk a lot. I hope he gets recalled before Schultz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->