Bochenski Tops in NCAA in PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky*

Bochenski can thank a certain Devils 1st round pick for the gifts.

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
Sticky said:
Bochenski can thank a certain Devils 1st round pick for the gifts.

Except that
a)Bochenski has more goals than Parise has assists.
b)Bochenski has more assists than Parise has assists.

If anyone is feeding off anyone its the other way around. Heck, Parise might not even match Bochenski's numbers from last season.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Bochenski is certainly underrated by most people. He has size, is a decent skater and he's got great goal scoring ability. He would still be a great NCAA player and putting up big time points without Parise. Still, he does benefit from having Parise around, and Brady Murray is no slouch either.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Hey it happens in minny to, college hockey loves to give out assists, two on almost every goal. i think Nodak and the gophs when they played had two unassisted goals all season between the two of them, or it was one of them i cant remember but assists are easy to come by. Not to take anything away from the kid, he is a hell of a player and i wish the gophs got him, like to see him win a championship but he chose NoDak.

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
MN_Gopher said:
Hey it happens in minny to, college hockey loves to give out assists, two on almost every goal. i think Nodak and the gophs when they played had two unassisted goals all season between the two of them, or it was one of them i cant remember but assists are easy to come by. Not to take anything away from the kid, he is a hell of a player and i wish the gophs got him, like to see him win a championship but he chose NoDak.

He does have 9 goals in 9 games. That's still tops GPG in the NCAA.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
AJ1982 said:
Bochenski is certainly underrated by most people. He has size, is a decent skater and he's got great goal scoring ability. He would still be a great NCAA player and putting up big time points without Parise. Still, he does benefit from having Parise around, and Brady Murray is no slouch either.

Bochenski's a machine - the guy has an absolute wicked shot. His skating is average but it certainly hasn't hindered him up to this point.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Kings 4th round draft choice (and son of coach Andy Murray) Brady Murray is second on the team in scoring, with 3 goals 9assists for 12 points, as a freshman

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
Legionnaire said:
Kings 4th round draft choice (and son of coach Andy Murray) Brady Murray is second on the team in scoring, with 3 goals 9assists for 12 points, as a freshman

I was wondering which team had him. He's rather small - which means unless he puts up Peter Sejna numbers he won't get the recognition.

aki

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Sens scouts are sure doing something right. . .

Good late picks in the 2001 draft. Brooks Laich in the 6th round, Bochenski in the 7th and Toni Dahlman in the 9th.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
aki said:
Good late picks in the 2001 draft. Brooks Laich in the 6th round, Bochenski in the 7th and Toni Dahlman in the 9th.

And Jan Platil in the 8th round as well. Another under-rated prospect who could become a very good third pairing blueliner behind Ottawa's already established young big 5.

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
Hossa said:
And Jan Platil in the 8th round as well. Another under-rated prospect who could become a very good third pairing blueliner behind Ottawa's already established young big 5.

Now what we're on the topic of the greatness of the '01 draft you have to mention that Emery was drafted in the 4th that very same year.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Volchenkov said:
Now what we're on the topic of the greatness of the '01 draft you have to mention that Emery was drafted in the 4th that very same year.

Very true, although he isn't a late round pick.

As for Bochenski, the way he's playing and played last year, I think it's entirely possible he could leave college after this season

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
Hossa said:
Very true, although he isn't a late round pick.

As for Bochenski, the way he's playing and played last year, I think it's entirely possible he could leave college after this season

I certainly hope he does. What more does he have left to prove at the NCAA level? What is interesting is that Parise won't match his last year's numbers.

-4th round for a top 50 prospect is a steal IMO, even though it technically isn't a "late-round" selection. I wonder if Bochenski will make it on THN's next top prospect list.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Volchenkov said:
I certainly hope he does. What more does he have left to prove at the NCAA level? What is interesting is that Parise won't match his last year's numbers.

-4th round for a top 50 prospect is a steal IMO, even though it technically isn't a "late-round" selection. I wonder if Bochenski will make it on THN's next top prospect list.

Well, Emery is a top 25 prospect, and he was a major steal, but he's more well known.

As for Parise, he will improve. He got a little overhyped last year, wasn't a top 10 pick like most people said. That being said, he's still a very good prospect, and his numbers will pick up. What will be interesting for Parise (and Murray) is when Bochenski leaves, because both Parise and Murray are smaller guys, and Bochenski draws the more physical defenders I can only imagine. Nonetheless, the Devils have a great prospect in Parise.

DMT

Nov 14, 2003
Fargo, ND
Visit site
Bochenski is an absolute sniper. He has an amazing shot and great accuracy. Parise on the other hand draws way more attention on the ice. He regularely draws two guys, leaving Murray and Bochenski open. Bockenski is definately underrated, but Parise is not overrated, his numbers will come around.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Volchenkov said:

No knock on Brandon, but Parise WILL indeed far exceed his numbers AGAIN this year. Not in terms of GOALS, but in over-all points he should finish 8-10 points ahead.

Bochenski will NOT leave college after this season unless the NHL CBA is worked out. Why would he? To go play in the AHL for 2 seasons? While he can play in the NCAA for free? Naw, didn't think so!

Bochenski is an average (although improved) skater-faster than you think, and very strong on his skates, but not very clean-looking. He gets where he needs to be, though. His shot , on the other hand, is already NHL quality. He's got a rocket, very accurate, and needs very little time to get it off. He's a smart player who doesn't panic, and fights through checks well because he just WANTS the puck on his stick or Parise's stick. He knows they define the team and the team's success, so he fights for the puck hard.

It will be interesting to see if he can make it to the NHL. He's a lot like a former Fighting Sioux-Lee Goran-who has had trouble sticking in the NHL. Bochenski is smaller, but has a better shot, better hands, and thinks the game a little better than Goran, so I think he's got a shot at it.

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
jiggs 10 said:
No knock on Brandon, but Parise WILL indeed far exceed his numbers AGAIN this year. Not in terms of GOALS, but in over-all points he should finish 8-10 points ahead.

Bochenski will NOT leave college after this season unless the NHL CBA is worked out. Why would he? To go play in the AHL for 2 seasons? While he can play in the NCAA for free? Naw, didn't think so!

Again?? Bochenski had more points than Parise last year. :dunno:

Bochenski- 43 35 27 62
Parise - 39 26 35 61

better PPG, but he didn't outscore Bochenski last year. He is already about 8 points behind Brandon, so he should have to outscore him by about 16 points for the rest of the year which isn't going to happen.

Why play in the NCAA for FREE when you can play in the AHL and get PAID!! Why play in a league which he already dominates, when he can play in a league which will be better for his career as a hockey player? Why play in the AHL for two seasons when he can play an extra one in the NCAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->