Bochenski award - extra-NHL accomplishment that will fall flat

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Who wins the Bochenski in a season with no pre-season?

Was the original Bochenski charter that it be awarded to the best pre-season performance worldwide before it was entrusted to the Sens hfboard? Can it be awarded to an amateur since the pros couldn't get their act together?

Because I had a fantastic pre-season, scoring over a ppg, when I'm lucky to score 5 goals on a season.

Might as well vote based on best Euro, OHL, or AHL season that won't convert into NHL success. That can be interpreted as having a sudden nosedive in performance in the NHL, or not being awarded an invitation to training camp after a fantastic pre-NHL-season.

#7 Kyle Turris
#9 Milan Michalek
#12 Stefan Noesen
#13 Peter Regin
#19 Jason Spezza
#22 Erik Condra
#23 Kaspars Daugavins
#33 Jakob Silfverberg
#68 Mike Hoffman

#5 Cody Ceci
#46 Patrick Wiercioch
#61 Andre Benoit
#55 Sergei Gonchar
#65 Erik Karlsson
#74 Mark Borowiecki

#30 Ben Bishop
#40 Robin Lehner

Non-vites:

Mika Zibanejad
Mark Stone
Stephane DaCosta
Matt Puempel
Shane Prince
Andre Petersson
JG Pageau
Fredrik Claesson
Erik Gryba

O'Brien, Alfredsson, Anderson, Neil, Methot, Latendresse, Phillips, Smith, and Greening didn't play anywhere.

I'd make it a poll, but there are too many candidates and too many options.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
No preseason = No Bochenski award winner.

There wasn't a Stanley Cup awarded during the last full lockout. It's the same deal here.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I guess if we're going strictly on the metric of "player everyone seems impressed by who won't have a very long career", of all the players there, I'd have to give it to Hoffman, Daugavins, or Benoit.

Everyone else are either established already, or have been highly touted for some time (as opposed to Bochenski, who at the time of his "success" was a bit of a surprise story)

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Stefan Noesen. Wasnt seeing the hype while watching him at training camp but its way too early to say he wont pan out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad