TV: Bob's Burgers!!

Patchey*

Giving this thread a big bump. I just watched the first season online. I LOVE this show. I love every single character. Gene kills me every episode.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
I'd rather a good show be canceled after 2-3 respectable seasons than have it drag on to the bitter end like the Simpsons and Family Guy.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
i tried liking it, but after a month i lost interest.

plus my weekend hockey got bumped to 7-9

RECsGuy*

Louise: "...and we need more unicorn testicles."
Tina: "That's where dreams are born."

You gotta watch this show.

Diskothek

Aug 15, 2007
Been watching this on Netflix, halfway through the 1st season. Love it! Big fan of Home Movies so its nice to hear some of the same voices working again.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Started watching this on Netflix as well. I am a big fan of this show and will make sure to set the DVR to record it when season 3 starts up sept 30th.

I can now also see why it's such good marketing for networks to get their shows on dvd and via netflix streaming before an upcoming new season as it pulled me in as a new viewer out of nowhere.

I will say though reading this thread from the beginning that people were extremely harsh after the first episode. I know when I watch any series the 1st episode (pilot) is almost always the single worst episode of that series. Shows I absolutely love have all had horrible pilot episodes. Whenever I watch Arrested Development reruns for the gazillionth time I always skip over the pilot episode. I went into that when watching this on netflix.

One reason I really love this show is how they have used 2 people from Flight of the Conchords in it. Eugene (the landlord/super) and Mel (the #1 fan) as voices for gene and louise (I think thats her name, the youngest). H Jon is fantastic as always and the use of male voices for the girls is great, especially when they have comedic backgrounds it adds to the show.

When reading the wikipedia about the show I was shocked to hear what the supposed original version of the show was supposed to be about, basically a family of cannibals. The network stopped them from doing that and made it just what it is now. I have to say that usually you think of network execs getting in the way of the artists and ruining their work but in this case they seemed to have made a much better decision as I really wouldnt of liked the show if that had happened.

PierreMcGuire*

Premiere was solid I thought. Bob's Bugers premiere was better than the other Animation Domination shows, IMO.

Sep 19, 2008
Going to watch Ep 1 now

It's a good show and for some reason people don't like it

The children all have hilarious voices

Sep 19, 2008
Are you able to infraction yourself for trolling? lawlz

I saw the first ep of Archer and was like Meh. Then I saw the episode they did with Bob's Burgers and was also like Meh. Not a fan but haven't seen enough eps.

On the other hand, I have been watching more Bob's Burgers every now and then. The episode with the talking toilet was hilarious. Plus, the voice acting for the children is hilarious. Gene, Louise, and Tina all have hilarious voices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad