TV: Bob's Burgers!!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Cleveland Show has the best possible time-slot in history for a show like that, had two seasons ordered before as much as a pilot was shot, and was renewed for a third season almost instantly.

Further proof that Fox has no ****ing clue what they're doing. What an atrocious show.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
I was gonna watch this show with the expectation of something good. This showed was terrible, worse than Family Guy.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
thing is this type of humor isn't well liked. i say to hell with them.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
The Cleveland Show has the best possible time-slot in history for a show like that, had two seasons ordered before as much as a pilot was shot, and was renewed for a third season almost instantly.

Further proof that Fox has no ****ing clue what they're doing. What an atrocious show.

Thing is, I like Cleveland. I just hate, hate, hate, the rest of them.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
The show was not as good as I was hoping... I'll give it a few more tries though. Hopefully they stray away from fart humor in the future.

southpaw24

Dec 3, 2005
Owen Sound, ON
Checked it out and had a few laughs but dropped off quickly... i think the funniest part was when the guys daughter changed the name of the burger of the day to the "child molester" comes with candy.

dont think it will last long

MikeyMagic

Jun 22, 2005
I watched it hoping it would be closer to KOTH than Family Guy, but was disappointed in the premiere episode. I'll give it another try with the next episode, but I'm not holding out much hope. My dream is Fox would completely scrap their Sunday night lineup and start over with something new and not Seth McFarlane created. Unfortunately there is way too much money being made by his sub-par shows for that to happen.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
People don't have any patience with new shows, at least when it comes to here. Sometimes good shows take a bit of time to be good. Just in recent memory, Spartacus: Blood and Sand was pretty bad for the first half of it's premiere season and then became one of the best shows on television during the second half.

Shows just sometimes take a bit of steam to get going. So I'll watch it a few more times at least before giving up on it. It had the makings of a good show so I'm not hopeless.

DeathFromAbove

Jul 17, 2006
thing is this type of humor isn't well liked. i say to hell with them.

umm, yeah if you call "shows that aren't funny" a "type of humor" then i guess

shows like family guy and american dad also fit into that category

if you want to watch a real comedy from fox watch arrested development

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Saw a little of it ,,,, Very meh

Animated TV has gone downhill in recent times ,, The golden age of animation was

Simpson , King of the Hill , The Critic , Duckman , Daria and Futurama (Basically from early 90's till early 00's)

1st few seasons of Family Guy were good but the quality of that show has gone down as well

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
umm, yeah if you call "shows that aren't funny" a "type of humor" then i guess

shows like family guy and american dad also fit into that category

if you want to watch a real comedy from fox watch arrested development

I don't like family guy I hate it. I love american dad. we are talking about cartoons. arrested development was an awesome show I have the seasons on dvd. bobs burgers had the stupid fart joke at the beginning but the 2nd half was a lot more dry humor like arrested development. will the show improve? probably not but I'm going to wait a few episodes before I decide.

btw american dad is still on it's been moved to 7:30 from what I hear.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What's all the MacFarlane hate about? Nothing's better than Family Guy. It had its lows but it's still top-notch. American Dad is solid but has declined a little over the years - the first seasons were great tho. The Cleveland Show on the other hand... yikes.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Saw a little of it ,,,, Very meh

Animated TV has gone downhill in recent times ,, The golden age of animation was

Simpson , King of the Hill , The Critic , Duckman , Daria and Futurama (Basically from early 90's till early 00's)

1st few seasons of Family Guy were good but the quality of that show has gone down as well

Hell yea, bring back The Critic. I have the series on DVD and it still cracks me up.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
The American public is dumb? Yes, I agree. That would also explain why Seth MacFarlane has three shows.
who makes you gatekeeper of good tv? I hate family guy and so forth but if people like them so be it. I hate my type of humor tanks but that's life.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/01/bobs_burgers_ratings_the_cape.html
Bob's Burgers got off to a very strong start in the ratings, drawing 9.5 million viewers and notching a big 4.5 rating among adults under 50.
If the Cleveland Show can last in that time slot I can't seeing this show doing much worse regardless of how many people say that hate it.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I just watched the first episode online.

At least 10x better than Family Guy, American Dad, and Black Family Guy.

Wasn't like Simpsons/South Park good, or even close. But it has potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad