Confirmed with Link: Bobrovsky Wins Vezina, Torts wins Jack Adams, Werenski 3rd for Calder.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Congrats to Coach, Bob, Foligno, and Z.

Bob came in 3rd for the Hart, Werenski and Jones also got Norris votes, Saad got Lady Byng votes, and Atkinson got a vote for the Hart.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
So I realize that 2016-17 ended with a thud - but how can you not acknowledge the outstanding regular season with a smile and a standing O. ???
Hopefully more of the same to come.
And voters recognized that!!!

Congrats to Torts, Nick, Bob, Zack and entire organization. They did it together!

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Congrats to everyone! This is just another step towards future playoff success...

...right?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Awesome for Coach and Bob, and great for Zach to finish as a finalist for the Calder. I think Zach Werenski is going to be a star, and he is sporting a pretty mean scar under that right eye eh?

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Roy, Belfour, Hasek, Brodeur, Thomas, Bobrovsky

the only goalies to win 2 or more Vezinas since the trophy was changed to the "best goalie" award in 1982

Thomas is the only one of those (aside from Bob, of course) who isn't in the Hall and that's mostly because he didn't break into the league until he was 31 and thus had too short of a career.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Roy, Belfour, Hasek, Brodeur, Thomas, Bobrovsky

the only goalies to win 2 or more Vezinas since the trophy was changed to the "best goalie" award in 1982

Thomas is the only one of those (aside from Bob, of course) who isn't in the Hall and that's mostly because he didn't break into the league until he was 31 and thus had too short of a career.

I see five Stanley Cup champions on that list and one who is not, so...

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I said borderline HOFer. He needs a Cup or a 3rd Vezina.

Not even close. His career has been way too uneven.

His Vezina seasons have been outstanding. His other seasons have been either mediocre or poor.

The playoff stain alone would probably disqualify him from the HHOF.

Since Bob has been in the league (2010-11) until now, there are 30 goalies who have played 200 games in that time frame. Bob is tied for 14th in goals against average-barely in the top half. His save percentage is tied for 6th. He's 11th in wins (he did only start the 16th most games).

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...=gamesPlayed,gte,200&sort=goalsAgainstAverage

Bob has not been a standout in his aggregate stats.

I'd think that Bob would have to have a 5 year period of top 3 performance in save % and gaa combined with substantial playoff success to be seriously considered as a HHOF candidate.

That being said, when he's hot he's hot. Two Vezinas are nothing to sneer at. He's capable of carrying a team on his back-in the regular season. He's certainly a top 5 goalie in the league right now. Hopefully, he and the Jackets can have a nice 5 year run with playoff successes and Bobrovsky can be mentioned in the same breath with Carery Price who is probably the only current goalie who's a probable HHOFer (although a case can be made for Quick and even Lundqvist).

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Not even close. His career has been way too uneven.

His Vezina seasons have been outstanding. His other seasons have been either mediocre or poor.

The playoff stain alone would probably disqualify him from the HHOF.

Since Bob has been in the league (2010-11) until now, there are 30 goalies who have played 200 games in that time frame. Bob is tied for 14th in goals against average-barely in the top half. His save percentage is tied for 6th. He's 11th in wins (he did only start the 16th most games).

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...=gamesPlayed,gte,200&sort=goalsAgainstAverage

Bob has not been a standout in his aggregate stats.

I'd think that Bob would have to have a 5 year period of top 3 performance in save % and gaa combined with substantial playoff success to be seriously considered as a HHOF candidate.

That being said, when he's hot he's hot. Two Vezinas are nothing to sneer at. He's capable of carrying a team on his back-in the regular season. He's certainly a top 5 goalie in the league right now. Hopefully, he and the Jackets can have a nice 5 year run with playoff successes and Bobrovsky can be mentioned in the same breath with Carery Price who is probably the only current goalie who's a probable HHOFer (although a case can be made for Quick and even Lundqvist).
Nothing to sneer at, but here's a whole post devaluing them.

Lundqvist is a HOFer and it isn't close. Seriously? Snubbing Luongo is also a crime.

Let's not pretend that Carey Price hasn't also had some really poor seasons. '08-09, '09-10, '11-12, '12-13..

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
The holiness of mighty Price is something, dude never faced Pittsburgh in playoffs and was lit by them in this regular season.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I said borderline HOFer. He needs a Cup or a 3rd Vezina.

I don't think he's even close to borderline at this point. The HHOF has usually been pretty stingy about goalies getting in at all, and there was a ten-year gap between the inductions of Billy Smith (1993) and Grant Fuhr (2003). Martin Brodeur will be the next one to go in, with his three Cups and four Vezinas over a 20-year career.

Over his career, is Bobrovsky better than, say, Curtis Joseph? Mike Richter? Tom Barrasso? John Vanbiesbrouck? Is he likely to end up better than those guys, or someone like Henrik Lundqvist?

I'd love to see Bobrovsky end up there someday, mostly because I like the guy and also because it would give me a lifetime of being able to say that a certain someone acquired a HOF goalie for a 2nd-rounder and two 4ths. But there's a long way to go and a lot to accomplish.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Nothing to sneer at, but here's a whole post devaluing them.

Lundqvist is a HOFer and it isn't close. Seriously? Snubbing Luongo is also a crime.

Let's not pretend that Carey Price hasn't also had some really poor seasons. '08-09, '09-10, '11-12, '12-13..

Sorry you can't see the forest through the trees. Bob has had two really, really good regular seasons and nothing else. I was hardly devaluing his Vezinas. I was, however, devaluing your silly notion that he's a borderline HHOFer. Correctly so, I might add.

Float your idea on the main boards. Go ahead, give it a try.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
A lot of NaCl going on in the main boards.

As Vinny Prospal would say:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-09-at-5.19.15-PM.png.cf.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So now Bob has received a real Vezina, no more of that argument from me moving forward. :p

Happy for all those that received awards or were nominated.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Glad Bob won. Hope he keeps play stellar next season and tweaks his game to play better in the playoffs. Also, I hope we play a different team besides the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Congrats to Bob! He is rock.
Congrats to Torts! He is true infinity as we expected.
Don't worry Zach! Next Norris your.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
From now on the Adams Award voting should be held off until after the playoffs, so that playoff performance can be taken into account. If that had been the case this year McLellan would have won (as much as I love my Jackets he should have won longer playoff drought alone says it all). The other awards would not be affected.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
From now on the Adams Award voting should be held off until after the playoffs, so that playoff performance can be taken into account. If that had been the case this year McLellan would have won (as much as I love my Jackets he should have won longer playoff drought alone says it all). The other awards would not be affected.
Riding McDavid to the playoffs isn't great coaching. I could get that team to the playoffs. 1 whole series more doesn't make or break who was better. Torts took the 4th worst team and turned it into the 4th best without multiple top 3 picks and a generational player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad