Value of: Bobrovsky to St.Louis

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Is that obvious? Maybe without Bob and Panarin... As for this trade, I really don't think we have any intention of resigning Bob, but as you said, I'm not sure what the + would be. I want to say Bokk, but I'm guessing I'd get some pushback. But for one year, Allen+Kyrou+2nd would be fair value I think. I'd rather just keep him though.

I think he meant for the conditions of the trade like "this is assuming CBJ are out of the race" . I dont think the OP meant "lol, CBJ wont make the playoffs".

Edit: @Viqsi beat me to it

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
I'd rather try for a package like SJ gave Ottawa. Kyrou, Allen, AND more stuff is way too much for one year of Bobrovsky. Would def need an extension.

Reactions: Colt55

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I would only do a trade along these lines if it were Blais involved instead of Kyrou/Thomas/Bokk/Kostin. We have no way to re-sign Bob afterwards. I'm not paying one of my top prospects for a rental. The Ryan Miller experiment didn't go to well.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Is that obvious? Maybe without Bob and Panarin... As for this trade, I really don't think we have any intention of resigning Bob, but as you said, I'm not sure what the + would be. I want to say Bokk, but I'm guessing I'd get some pushback. But for one year, Allen+Kyrou+2nd would be fair value I think. I'd rather just keep him though.
I’m pretty sure the poster meant IF the scenario is that Columbus is on the outside looking in

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not interested. He's not good in the playoffs and he will want an obscene raise. Well ride Allen for better or worse till Husso is an option. If that fails....well just continue on in mediocrity

Reactions: Colt55

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Sign Bob for free in the offseason, eh? I don’t think the Blues can reasonably expect to sign him in free agency. Not without putting themselves in a serious cap bind.

You are 100% correct in that we likely can't afford him. So how does this trade make any sense for the Blues? Not just paying an obscene premium, but paying one with no hope of getting him signed. That is just beyond poor asset management.

Personally, I think the Jackets will be in playoff contention and will not trade Panarin or Bob. Both are great players, but for the Blues, this doesn't make much sense both now and going forward.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
You are 100% correct in that we likely can't afford him. So how does this trade make any sense for the Blues? Not just paying an obscene premium, but paying one with no hope of getting him signed. That is just beyond poor asset management.

Personally, I think the Jackets will be in playoff contention and will not trade Panarin or Bob. Both are great players, but for the Blues, this doesn't make much sense both now and going forward.
Ya I didn’t say the trade made sense for the Blues. Bobrovsky just isn’t much of a fit for the Blues, either in trade or FA.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Bob is one heck of a goalie and I’d love him in the blue note but the cost just seems to high.....especially after we saw what Karlsson and patches returned. I do believe bob is different than miller though in that everyone new Miller was going to the west coast after he was traded and was a pure rental.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Allen has won playoff rounds he has been phenomenal. Then he goes into a funk. We have young options coming up like husso bennington fitzpatrick. There is absolutely no reason to trade a top 15 prospect in the league for a rental. We tried that once with at the time a better goa lie and it was a fail. The fact that some one suggested kyrou bokk + just makes this hole premise assinine. Get real people. Why don't we just give you Thomas kyrou + + lol

Sub out Allen for Halak, and this is the exact same narrative as the Ryan Miller threads, we remember how that turned out.

Allen isn't the solution, but you still have to make sure you are taking the right risk. For what Bob will want on an extension, it won't be the right risk, and we shouldn't be giving up top assets for a rental.

Wouldn't give up Bokk, absolutely.

Kyrou I think is being a little overrated though. The other thing is that you can't let one bad experience sour you on upgrading the biggest position of need. Your team at the end of the day, I am a 3rd party here but Bob makes sense on St.Louis to me. Maybe Tarasenko can whisper sweet things in his ear and get him to stay lol.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Kyrou I think is being a little overrated though. The other thing is that you can't let one bad experience sour you on upgrading the biggest position of need. Your team at the end of the day, I am a 3rd party here but Bob makes sense on St.Louis to me. Maybe Tarasenko can whisper sweet things in his ear and get him to stay lol.
Why?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Because he's being spoken about as if he's a blue chip prospect that you wouldn't include in a trade. He's not at that level IMO.

Probably in that B+ range of prospects, you don't give them away but you had better get a good piece back, Bob would be that piece in this case and you shed the Allen deal.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Because he's being spoken about as if he's a blue chip prospect that you wouldn't include in a trade. He's not at that level IMO.

Probably in that B+ range of prospects, you don't give them away but you had better get a good piece back, Bob would be that piece in this case and you shed the Allen deal.
This is key.

He is at that level in Blues brass perspective. He is our 2nd best prospect. He has top 6 potential, whether you consider that bluechip or not is irrelevant. Blues wouldnt be looking at add a goalie looking for Carey Price money, let alone one that sucks in the playoffs.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This is key.

He is at that level in Blues brass perspective. He is our 2nd best prospect. He has top 6 potential, whether you consider that bluechip or not is irrelevant. Blues wouldnt be looking at add a goalie looking for Carey Price money, let alone one that sucks in the playoffs.

Fleury has had some bad years, sometimes you're at the mercy of the team in front of you.

I also don't think Kyrou is that significant, you guys actually have a ton of talent that is relatively young.

I don't know how you plan to draw up your line up but just an example;

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-ROR-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Jaskin
Maroon-Sundqvist-Barbashev

Decent starting 12 that still doesn't take into account Kostin or Thomas. You still also have Bokk, Sanford and Foley to consider.

We can agree to disagree though :)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fleury has had some bad years, sometimes you're at the mercy of the team in front of you.

I also don't think Kyrou is that significant, you guys actually have a ton of talent that is relatively young.

I don't know how you plan to draw up your line up but just an example;

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-ROR-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Jaskin
Maroon-Sundqvist-Barbashev

Decent starting 12 that still doesn't take into account Kostin or Thomas. You still also have Bokk, Sanford and Foley to consider.

We can agree to disagree though :)
You know what looks better? Those guys+Kyrou.

Regardless of how Kyrou is labeled or valued by others. Blues would not sink the money into bobrovsky.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Bob has a pretty putrid playoff resume going back every single year of his career

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I think Bob’s playoff record is being way overstated. Goalies are heavily environmentally dependent, so I can’t really get behind the argument that if he sucks elsewhere he’d suck in St. Louis. Saying that, the Blues just don’t have the cap space unless someone like Steen was unloaded, but Cbus shouldn’t consider doing the Blues a favor given their roster.

There just isn’t a good trade to be made here.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Kyrou was 2ppg in the prospe t tourney with 5 goals in 4 games. Why is kyrou overated. cause he was a second in scoring in the tourney, cause he was mvp of tge ohl, cause he was one of the best players on wjc. Or is cause he was a second round pick.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Kyrou was 2ppg in the prospe t tourney with 5 goals in 4 games. Why is kyrou overated. cause he was a second in scoring in the tourney, cause he was mvp of tge ohl, cause he was one of the best players on wjc. Or is cause he was a second round pick.
:facepalm:

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This paragraph is a grammatical nightmare.

I honestly have no clue what you’re trying to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyPanda

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This paragraph is a grammatical nightmare.

I honestly have no clue what you’re trying to say.
I'm sorry didn't realize that bothered you.

And you know what I am saying, but I will spell it out for. Kyrou has performed exceptionally well at every level. He was 2ppg in the traverse city tournament. he is not overrated. I think he may be underrated.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Traverse city really isn't the best indicator of talent and prospect quality, especially for a 20 yr old.

Pretty sure the baby jackets have won that several times with nobodies in the prospect ranking world

Reactions: stl76 and Xoggz22

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Traverse city really isn't the best indicator of talent and prospect quality, especially for a 20 yr old.

Pretty sure the baby jackets have won that several times with nobodies in the prospect ranking world
That's why I also listed wjc and ohl as well. He is also highly rated by several sports analyst. At some point if it walks like a duck talks like a duck, then it's a duck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad