Bobrovsky or Skinner

Take on: Bobrovsky or Skinner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
As for the poll, it's easy. Bob's a 2-time Vezina winner. He has the ability to be a way, way better player than Skinner ever was.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Bob and it’s not very close. He’s bounced back from last year, and even if he hadn’t, he’s a 2 time vezina winner, he’s capable of performing at high levels, skinner had a career year in a contract season, and he’s all outta contract seasons....

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Bob. He's had his ups and downs, but he's been solid enough for the Panthers to win. Not really living up to his contract, but not a complete waste, either, and still an important part of the team.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take Skinner. I wouldn't like it, but that's what i'd do.

I just think it's slightly "easier" to "hide" a kinda flaky 2nd line goal-scorer, and hope that with the right situation and linemates, he picks things up a little bit. You can't really hide a goaltender anymore. Not at that kind of price until you have to use carbon dating to figure out their age. A little resurgance from Bob this year back toward serviceability doesn't change my mind, on that being the absolute worst contract in the league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd take Skinner. I wouldn't like it, but that's what i'd do.

I just think it's slightly "easier" to "hide" a kinda flaky 2nd line goal-scorer, and hope that with the right situation and linemates, he picks things up a little bit. You can't really hide a goaltender anymore. Not at that kind of price until you have to use carbon dating to figure out their age. A little resurgance from Bob this year back toward serviceability doesn't change my mind, on that being the absolute worst contract in the league.

I see your point, but it doesn’t apply. Bob is a backup caliber goalie this season. Skinner isn’t an NHL caliber player this season.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The Canucks fan in me was a little bit happy to see the Bobrovsky contract blow up in Florida's face. That's what you get when you force your franchise goaltender's hand in screwing over his old team for a bit of cap space.

Karma 101

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
upload_2021-4-25_14-27-35.gif

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I see your point, but it doesn’t apply. Bob is a backup caliber goalie this season. Skinner isn’t an NHL caliber player this season.
Bob has been better than a backup this year. Probably more like a just below average starter. He’s got a .916 the last 2 months and a .908 the whole year. Last I checked about a week ago he was facing the 4th most shots per game of any starter in the league. Panthers defense hasn’t been tremendous in front of him. He will be the Panthers starter in game 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

I mean, if you've got a solid cheap/young Starter and feel confident that you're going to continue to have that for the next half decade or so...i can see the argument for just biting the bullet and hoping Bob continues to be at least a serviceable backup or better. But that's tough.

And it's also hard to really get a read on a guy like Skinner being an NHL caliber player or not, when he's on a team that hasn't really been NHL caliber. How much of it is injuries catching up to him/cashing out and checking out mentally/etc. vs just being a bit soft and giving up because he's in a terrible situation that isn't a fit for him, and has been noted as causing even "heart and soul" players like ROR to stop loving the game?

I'm not sure there's really a "right answer" to a question like this. Just, different flavours of wrong answer...and which situation you think might be easier to partially mitigate as a sinkhole in your team's fortunes. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad