Bobrovsky first 31 games - .897 sv% 3.29 GAA

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i think it's more that Keith yandle is too busy zonking guys to protect the front of his own net. I've only seen them play a couple times this year but not has their d been bad. They need to get it together

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Bob's been fine. He'd have to be a superhuman to put up good numbers in the first 5 games.

Panthers collectively as a team don't have great confidence keeping the puck out. It's something that hopefully will improve as the season goes on but yeah.. so far not great.

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
Panthers line combinations are baffling. Don't think it matters who is in net with an idiotic coach.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
Needs some Ian Clark.

He can't have Ian Clark. Ian Clark is ours again.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Still wouldn't have gone anywhere near that contract, as good as he is.

If I were a GM, I'd pretty much never have a UFA starting goalie. ELC and RFA. It's just too easy to find a good one and too important to have elite talent in front of them.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Still wouldn't have gone anywhere near that contract, as good as he is.

If I were a GM, I'd pretty much never have a UFA starting goalie. ELC and RFA. It's just too easy to find a good one and too important to have elite talent in front of them.

Easy to find a good goaltending ?? Tell that to the Sharks Flyers Canucks and Blues who had incredible teams for years but could never find a goalie. Bad take here

Reactions: Name Nameless

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Easy to find a good goaltending ?? Tell that to the Sharks Flyers Canucks and Blues who had incredible teams for years but could never find a goalie. Bad take here
Those teams are just inept at finding goaltending and overpaying for it wouldn't be a solution.

The Blues didn't spend big bucks on a star goaltender. They won it with Jordan Binnington who is bang average.

The Rangers are one of the worst-run franchises in sports and they can't take a shit without a starting goalie coming out.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

The Sharks have had pretty consistently solid goaltending in every season since the lockout with the exception of last year and possibly this year. The Canucks had Luongo for about half of his prime and they currently have Markstrom who is not bad at all.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Those teams are just inept at finding goaltending and overpaying for it wouldn't be a solution.

The Blues didn't spend big bucks on a star goaltender. They won it with Jordan Binnington who is bang average.

The Rangers are one of the worst-run franchise in sports and they can't take a **** without a starting goalie coming out.

it isn’t easy to find a top tier goalie in the NHL that can win you games. That’s why there are only a handful of top goalies and the few that are available you have to spend to keep them or acquire them. It is the position with the least amount of stars and least amount of top tier talent.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
it isn’t easy to find a top tier goalie in the NHL that can win you games. That’s why there are only a handful of top goalies and the few that are available you have to spend to keep them or acquire them. It is the position with the least amount of stars and least amount of top tier talent.
Again, a 25 year old journeyman just won the Stanley Cup after playing 32 games in the NHL.

It's definitely easy to find a goalie that can win you games. Extremely easy.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
The Sharks have had pretty consistently solid goaltending in every season since the lockout with the exception of last year and possibly this year. The Canucks had Luongo for about half of his prime and they currently have Markstrom who is not bad at all.

Decent/ average is not top tier and I was referring to the Canucks prior to Luongo/Schneider back when Dan Cloutier was the man. If the Sharks had a vezina caliber goalie or at least if they had a goalie who played at that level for a playoff run they would have won a cup

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Coyotes found 2 starting caliber goalies pretty easily. Basically got Kuemper for free for a spare winger.

Average goalies are extremely easy to find by definition. Team defense does the rest. A lot easier to get guys to backcheck and limit high danger chances than it is to turn every goalie into Hasek.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah how many teams have one of those again ?
Matt Murray won two Cups before his rookie status expired.

Cam Ward won a Cup.

The Blackhawks won Cups with two different goalies and one them (Niemi) kinda sucks.

Chris Osgood has a closet full of the things.

I could go on.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Coyotes found 2 starting caliber goalies pretty easily. Basically got Kuemper for free for a spare winger.

Average goalies are extremely easy to find by definition. Team defense does the rest. A lot easier to get guys to backcheck and limit high danger chances than it is to turn every goalie into Hasek.

Average goalies are easy to find of course that’s why they are labeled as average. Again if average goaltending was enough to win the cup we would see plenty of cup winners with average goaltending. But factually speaking Cup winner/finalists have elite goaltending. Elite as in higher averages than the other non competing teams

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Average goalies are easy to find of course that’s why they are labeled as average. Again if average goaltending was enough to win the cup we would see plenty of cup winners with average goaltending. But factually speaking Cup winner/finalists have elite goaltending. Elite as in higher averages than the other non competing teams
*Gestures at the entire history of the Stanley Cup*

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR and XX

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Matt Murray won two Cups before his rookie status expired.

Cam Ward won a Cup.

The Blackhawks won Cups with two different goalies and one them (Niemi) kinda sucks.

Chris Osgood has a closet full of the things.

I could go on.

Matt Murray, Cam Ward and Corey Crawford have all played at an elite level whether they are on an ELC is irrelevant. Niemi I’ll give you that one and Osgood is an anomaly considering the amount of hall of famers he had in front of him. The general norm is that a team needs a elite goaltending to win the cup whether that be a big UFA signing or a goalie on an ELC. The term elite being defined as a much higher statistical performance than those being compared against.

Reactions: JenniferH

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
the entire history of Stanley Cup wins was led by average goaltending ??? Lmaoooo now I’ve heard it all lamooo

It’s a mixed bag at best, elite goaltending obviously is a good thing but lots of teams have won cups with average goaltending. It’s about getting hot at the right time and not going cold at the wrong time.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad