Bobrovsky first 31 games - .897 sv% 3.29 GAA

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He's been doing great! What now few bad games here and there. Everyone has those.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It's evening here, so no need to have a nice day, bud.

You just seem to be wrong about everything, don't ya? :DD
There are different time zones in the world. No need to be hostile. Have a nice day and try not to be so uptight on a message board :)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He's been doing great! What now few bad games here and there. Everyone has those.
Yeah but not every goalie makes $10 million per year.

I'd be more interested in his WAR and what Florida's record would be if they had someone else in net.

That's what stinks when a player signs a big contract. It's no longer "how's he doing" but rather "how's he doing compared to how much he makes?"

Knowing how competitive Bob is, hopefully he can stay healthy and not overwork himself trying to make up for a poor first half of the season.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
This is the main board, bud. Go back to your safe space if you don't want to hear from anyone outside of South Florida.

If someone bumps a thread after 3 good games to tell everyone how much they overreacted to the first 21 games, don't be surprised when he heard it after Bob posts a .856 SV% and 4.63GAA over a 6 game stretch.

I'm sure this thread will again fade to the archives of the main boards until Bob has another hot streak and someone gets all cocky and bumps it to brag about reaching that super impressive .900 SV% bench mark.
The bump was not to brag about three good games, go back and read the bumpday comments again, I explained my reason that day.
Bob definitely has to be better, as does the team defending in front of him. The only thing I like about his contact is that it shows FL wants to start winning now. Bob's stats suck, but the goals against vary from bad goal to ones he had no chance on. And often after the Panthers outscore their mistakes, Bob has come up big to preserve the lead. The only stats I really care about is the Ws and Ls.
It's never all Bob, and many times he's made the difference when they're clinging to a third period lead. But, there's also been many iffy moments. He seems to overthink things sometimes and gets caught leaning, I think this is because he doesn't trust his D. He seems to leave the upstairs so wide open at times. I still think he'll settle in & find his groove in FL. The Panthers have a lot to clean up with their play in front of him. Each feeds off the other.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
The bump was not to brag about three good games, go back and read the bumpday comments again, I explained my reason that day.
Bob definitely has to be better, as does the team defending in front of him. The only thing I like about his contact is that it shows FL wants to start winning now. Bob's stats suck, but the goals against vary from bad goal to ones he had no chance on. And often after the Panthers outscore their mistakes, Bob has come up big to preserve the lead. The only stats I really care about is the Ws and Ls.
It's never all Bob, and many times he's made the difference when they're clinging to a third period lead. But, there's also been many iffy moments. He seems to overthink things sometimes and gets caught leaning, I think this is because he doesn't trust his D. He seems to leave the upstairs so wide open at times. I still think he'll settle in & find his groove in FL. The Panthers have a lot to clean up with their play in front of him. Each feeds off the other.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I replied to your initial bump with literally "lol'd" at everyone who had previously been putting Bob down. That was your bump post.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I replied to your initial bump with literally "lol'd" at everyone who had previously been putting Bob down. That was your bump post.
There was more than one post from me that day. Your first post today was like groundhog's day to things said that day. I don't feel like rehashing it all again.
We'll see if Bob can live up to the monster deal, but people expect 100% perfect performance for that much money. Time will tell with the Panthers and Bob. Much is expected of him, and much is expected from the team in front of him, as well. I don't care if they win 2-1, 4-0, or 6-5, as long as they win.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
There was more than one post from me that day. Your first post today was like groundhog's day to things said that day. I don't feel like rehashing it all again.
We'll see if Bob can live up to the monster deal, but people expect 100% perfect performance for that much money. Time will tell with the Panthers and Bob. Much is expected of him, and much is expected from the team in front of him, as well. I don't care if they win 2-1, 4-0, or 6-5, as long as they win.
Nobody expects Bob to be perfect, especially in front of that defense but when you're the 2nd highest paid goalie in the league I think its reasonable to think that he at least puts up top 10 numbers especially while he's still fairly young because you know that's unlikely to happen when he's 36-37. A .919SV% and 2.60 GAA doesn't seem unreasonable. That would place him 10th in the NHL among goalies with 18 or more starts. Right now he's 38th out of 40 in SV% and 40th out of 40 in GAA. He's going to need a monster second half to get anywhere near the top 10. We shall see. Either way, thanks for the bump!

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I wonder how that contract will rank at the end of the decade.
I'm absolutely no hockey contract expert but boy was I surprised at that term and money.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Nobody expects Bob to be perfect, especially in front of that defense but when you're the 2nd highest paid goalie in the league I think its reasonable to think that he at least puts up top 10 numbers especially while he's still fairly young because you know that's unlikely to happen when he's 36-37. A .919SV% and 2.60 GAA doesn't seem unreasonable. That would place him 10th in the NHL among goalies with 18 or more starts. Right now he's 38th out of 40 in SV% and 40th out of 40 in GAA. He's going to need a monster second half to get anywhere near the top 10. We shall see. Either way, thanks for the bump!

Exactly. A save percentage under .900 is abysmal for 10 mil a season.

No one expects 100% perfection from him, but there's something in between perfection and his last 5 games where he's a combined .808

Reactions: 1989 and StoneHands

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Exactly. A save percentage under .900 is abysmal for 10 mil a season.

No one expects 100% perfection from him, but there's something in between perfection and his last 5 games where he's a combined .808
I still don't buy the defense argument though.

If you spend $10 million per year on a forward and he only puts up 50 points, you don't say "oh well that's fine considering he has crappy linemates." You call him out for not playing up to his contract because $10 million players are expected to lead the team and produce regardless of teammates.

If you're looking to win games 6-5, you might as well have two goalies on cheap contracts and spend the rest of the money on skaters.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I still don't buy the defense argument though.

If you spend $10 million per year on a forward and he only puts up 50 points, you don't say "oh well that's fine considering he has crappy linemates." You call him out for not playing up to his contract because $10 million players are expected to lead the team and produce regardless of teammates.

If you're looking to win games 6-5, you might as well have two goalies on cheap contracts and spend the rest of the money on skaters.

See you'd think so, but see: Jeff Skinner (though it's "only" 9M) lol.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Aaaaand you look foolish. Bob was great tonight. He's a two time Vezina winner and probably in the top 3 of fittest goalies in the league. He's not going to turn into the Lucic of goalies lol. It's only a matter of time until he straightens it out.

Where did I gloat? I was responding to a ridiculous post that called Bob the Lucic of goalies. Get lost troll.

By December, he's going to be looking a lot different. You can bank on that. He always starts slow.

Soo? How great does he look now?

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Out of 26 goalies that have played 30 or more games this season he's 22nd in Sv% and 26th (last) in GAA.

Everyone can evaluate themselves if he's worth 10 mil or not. I say he's not, but I'm no professional.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
See you'd think so, but see: Jeff Skinner (though it's "only" 9M) lol.
That's nothing more than another example of a terrible contract. And yes, Bobrovsky's contract is terrible. Bob being in the bottom of the goaltending lists is nothing short of a travesty, considering his contract.

That's like a $10m forward producing like a fringe 4th liner. Yes, Florida's defense is porous to say the least, but Bob hasn't brought any stability whatsoever either. Other goalies have done better with even worse defense in front of them.

Reactions: I am not exposed

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Said it before and I'll say it again, goalies are voodoo. Can't see spending much more than 5-6 mil on a goalie when Vezina guys turn crap over night and backups become all-stars the next day.

The good news for Florida is if Bob's play gets stronger they become all the more dangerous if they make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad