Bobrovsky first 31 games - .897 sv% 3.29 GAA

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It never ceases to be entertaining, so many people that don't let not knowing what they're talking about stop them from running their mouths.
It never ceases to be entertaining people throwing a blanket statement that people are wrong without explaining why.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It never ceases to be entertaining people throwing a blanket statement that people are wrong without explaining why.
In this instance, it was explained several times, by several different posters in this thread.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I said when it was announced and I'll say it again that his contract is one of the worst ever given out in the cap era. Giving that much term with that high of an AAV to a 30yr old goalie(now 31) is an absolute farce. Without a doubt one of the worst contracts in the league and I can only imagine how it will look even just a year from now let alone a few. His best days are behind him.
A year from now when he is 32 and in his peak prime as a goalie. Lol clueless. Sure may look bad on the back end but he is in his prime.

Akustiikka

Dec 16, 2018
A good example that more often than not, a good defence makes a good goalkeeper. There are lot of great goalkeepers in the world, many outside of NHL, who can shutdown any opponent if the defence is there, and they can get a clear view of the shots. That will make the goalkeeper confident, and the game savers will follow too.

Im probably in the minority here, but sometimes I think goalkeepers are overrated in the way that a great goalkeeper impacts the game.

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I said when it was announced and I'll say it again that his contract is one of the worst ever given out in the cap era. Giving that much term with that high of an AAV to a 30yr old goalie(now 31) is an absolute farce. Without a doubt one of the worst contracts in the league and I can only imagine how it will look even just a year from now let alone a few. His best days are behind him.

A little bit (or a lot) exaggerated. Guy has 2 Vezina trophies to his name and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he can't still be a starter 4 or 5 years from now. Obviously anything can happen, but if you look at Vezina trophy voting the last number of years, there's almost always goalies in the top 5 that are 30+.

18-19: Bishop 32 (2nd), Fleury 34 (4th)
17-18: Rinne 35 (winner), Fleury 33 (5th)
15-16 Luongo 36 (4th), Crawford 31 (5th)
14-15 Lundqvist 32 (4th)

These are just top 5 in Vezina voting....guy can still be a good starter years down the road hopefully without needing to be a Vezina finalist for the Panthers to be successful. I think everyone needs to relax a bit about his age.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I don't know if you misinterpreted me but i'm not saying they have been bad overall but i am definitely saying they have been bad protecting the net and have been for years.
You haven't seen me post on the Panthers board cause i don't think any of my whopping 93 posts are on any team board. I rarely even read them. I'm not that active here. I'm more into watching games.

Now about the very personal acquisition of being a liar... I might actually be heading to Florida in late february to watch some Panthers hockey (like i did in 2015) so if you're a local we can discuss this face to face.

Yes you must be lying considering you're the only one who seems to think we have a problem. It is quite strange indeed. If you aren't a liar then perhaps you can see a doctor for new glasses. I would gladly see you face to face let me know when.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
He's strange. He made some absolutely brilliant saves tonight. I didn't see a lot of soft goals go in...

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I think it's a little bit early to judge him by looking at his stats.

With that being said, he clearly needs to be better. He's been good, but "good" goalies don't make 10M$

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He's strange. He made some absolutely brilliant saves tonight. I didn't see a lot of soft goals go in...

Big goalies making brilliant looking saves a lot of the time comes from them being out of position and behind the play: Bobrovsky hasn’t been brilliant. He’s been awful.

Reactions: thebus88

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
First, let me make it clear that I am not creating this thread to bash bob. No, I'm not salty. I genuinely want to read opinions/discussion on said player. (!!!)

As we all know, Bob signed a 7 year contract with a cap hit of 10 mil a year... second highest paid goalie in the league, behind the starter for montreal, Carey Price.

Bob's stat line thru his first 6 starts as a Panther:

22 goals against
4.07 GAA
.872 save percentage

those six opponents include...

TBL x2
CAR
NJD
BUF
COL

(4 of those teams have more than 9 pts already)

---------

I'm aware that Florida's defense has been atrocious but having watched most of Bob's starts so far, he has to better.. simple as that, especially after the contract he signed.

let's discuss 'Bob'.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
they're not beating good teams and Bob is part of the problem. What is so hard to understand?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Saw the Avs game in it’s entirety. Bob looked good, got beat by a few clean shots and the scrambled, lack of coverage team in front of him.

The D looks worse than him.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
It's 5 games, of course it's too freaking early. Why not create a thread about Rinne, Anderson, Dubnyk, Holtby, Mrazek, Quick as well then?
Price, the first season after signing his big contract.. it was a tough year. Bobrovsky needs to adapt to a new team.

joplin

Dec 20, 2010
EU
I'd say good riddance, Columbus. Bobrovsky's contract is always going to come back to sting, and the Rangers aren't much better with Panarin.
A blessing in the disguise for CBJ, now they can develop their prospects

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The "best" thing for the Panthers media to do right now would be to launch a massive "did we make a mistake signing Bob?" campaign.

And Bob's passage to being Bryz v2.0 would be complete.

Bob has a very frail mind and thats his biggest weakness.

Reactions: thebus88

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Saw the Avs game in it’s entirety. Bob looked good, got beat by a few clean shots and the scrambled, lack of coverage team in front of him.

The D looks worse than him.
Yeah. Ekblad with -3. Two of them were rebounds again and he should have cleaned up the second one at least. The two wrister goals could have been blocked with a stick also.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad