Bobrovsky first 31 games - .897 sv% 3.29 GAA

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can you tell me where you got these stats from
Corsica | Team Stats

Select the year, desired game state (5v5 or all are the best ones), and sort by sv%.

I haven't looked at each Cup winners GSAA yet, which might provide something different.

That said, I'm pretty sure Lundqvist and Bobrovsky have more goals saved since the lockout than the bottom 180 goalies put together and neither one of them has a ring.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Corsica | Team Stats

Select the year, desired game state (5v5 or all are the best ones), and sort by sv%.

I haven't looked at each Cup winners GSAA yet, which might provide something different.

That said, I'm pretty sure Lundqvist and Bobrovsky have more goals saved since the lockout than the bottom 180 goalies put together and neither one of them has a ring.

Lol you can skew the stats anyway you want. They are getting elite goaltending period. It’s a bad argument to say Lundqvist hasn’t won a cup therefore you don’t need elite goaltending. It would be like saying McDavid hasn’t won a cup therefore you don’t need an elite center.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol you can skew the stats anyway you want. They are getting elite goaltending period. It’s a bad argument to say Lundqvist hasn’t won a cup therefore you don’t need elite goaltending. It would be like saying McDavid hasn’t won a cup therefore you don’t need an elite center.
I didn't skew anything. They are what they are.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Not a surprise. He seemed like the type to just mail it in after getting his money.

Forget who it was, but someone respectable on one of my podcasts visited him this summer and called him the hardest working player they've ever met. Obviously that's said about a lot of dudes, but still.

Dude was unreal against the Sabres but still ended up giving up 2 or 3 impossible to stop goals. D needs to be better imo, he saved every single chance that was savable.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
This goalie criticism is getting out of hand. Of course the top of the position should be paid accordingly. Just like all the other positions.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh and since the Flyers came up as a team that can't find goaltending: they had Bobrovsky.

And they decided he wasn't as good as the guy they had.

It's a real dearth out there.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
But the hockey guy on YouTube said buffalo was doomed because they didn’t throw 10.5 at him. Because it’s not no like theres a great prospect in waiting while another one is finding his ways and the last year of Hutton’s deal.

All jokes aside Bobs always is hot and cold. He reminds me of Steve mason in that respect but way wasaay bettter. Two vezinas better. Some goalies get like this Luongo comes to mind

Florida hasn’t ever been known for their defensive play since Doug McLean coaches then to the cup final in 96.

New team, it will take time. He’s a great goalie.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
True. But then the goalie goes to someone who does. Elite goalies are pretty rare these days.
The line is quite blurred by team systems and quality of team as well. Many goalies are heavily protected by the above who are not elite and some may play for a poor team and never be granted 'elite' status.

Parity in the NHL is indeed a factor.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Im glad that he is struggling, I hope he crashes and burns. I hope he becomes another Bryzaster, too weird, too expensive, too unreliable as a goalie. That should be his price for leaving CBJ.

Reactions: thebus88

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
But the hockey guy on YouTube said buffalo was doomed because they didn’t throw 10.5 at him. Because it’s not no like theres a great prospect in waiting while another one is finding his ways and the last year of Hutton’s deal.

All jokes aside Bobs always is hot and cold. He reminds me of Steve mason in that respect but way wasaay bettter. Two vezinas better. Some goalies get like this Luongo comes to mind

Florida hasn’t ever been known for their defensive play since Doug McLean coaches then to the cup final in 96.

New team, it will take time. He’s a great goalie.

It seems a lot of goalies become slow starters once they hit there 30’s. I imagine it’s just because it becomes a lot more difficult to prepare for a season as you are constantly adjusting things as you get older.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Make up things? Did i make up this goal:

There's two guys perfectly open in the middle of Matheson and Ekblad. Two goddamn guys. It's ludicrous. And that's just a one example.

what a sample size ! just admit you don't watch the team instead of reaching for ridiculous ideas

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It never ceases to be entertaining, so many people that don't let not knowing what they're talking about stop them from running their mouths.

Reactions: Vilam

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
If he starts talking about the universe then maybe a Bryzgalov 2.0 label might eventually be appropriate. Still early though.

Saddest thing in this thread is how much the silly "Osgood only won because of HOFers in front of him" narrative is getting tossed around. :nono:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad